TBZ5-Global Suspension FCC on final receipt

Hello,

Just made final payment on our cruise and this TBZ5 line item appears on the receipt, and I cannot figure out what this really means.  It appears that it lowered the final cost of the cruise and I really just want to make sure everything was paid correctly.  Our TA had Royal apply each of our FCCs from a canceled cruise from last year and I think we may have FCC left over but the receipt is really confusing.  

Our TA is a replacement TA from the agency due to our regular TA having a medical issue. She’s nice and all, but is “new to  booking cruises” and is going to Mexico next week, so it may be a bit before I can discuss it with her.

We are changing agencies when we book our next cruise, but we already had two booked that we are getting through. It hasn’t been a horrible experience, but need to get to an independent party and not the “family friend” we originally had.

thanks.

I believe that code is unique to FCC created because Royal cancelled a cruise due to the pandemic aka Global Suspension FCC.

There are many sources of FCC such as Cruise with Confidence, FCC granted due to an onboard issue or FCC resulting from a guest cancelling a cruise outside of CWC plus Global Suspension FCC, the only kind that was typically awarded at 125%.

It seems Royal is attaching codes to FCC so everyone can better track it given that FCC is stackable - you can now apply multiple FCC to a single booking.  

Thanks!  It’s starting to make some sense and I think my deposit + FCC + wife’s FCC + tonight’s cc payment = total cost,but I’m on my tablet/phone and will be able to view it better on my PC.  I may even call Royal to see if they can explain it and let me know if I will have any additional FCC remaining after the cruise.  

If we do have leftover, I wanted to use it on the next cruise we have booked,but final payment for that one is the day after we return from this one, so I guess we’ll “have to” take another cruise to used it up! ?

45 minutes ago, Reigert2008 said:

Thanks!  It’s starting to make some sense and I think my deposit + FCC + wife’s FCC + tonight’s cc payment = total cost,but I’m on my tablet/phone and will be able to view it better on my PC.  I may even call Royal to see if they can explain it and let me know if I will have any additional FCC remaining after the cruise.  

If we do have leftover, I wanted to use it on the next cruise we have booked,but final payment for that one is the day after we return from this one, so I guess we’ll “have to” take another cruise to used it up! ?

Absolutely!

Just be aware any left over FCC is supposed to come in the form of a new FCC with a unique certificate number.  

• 4 months later...

The thing that is confusing (at least on my invoice) is that the TBZ5 line item is actually the 25% bonus part of your FCC, but the full FCC amount is still shown on the invoice under “FCC applied”. So you have to subtract the TBZ5 line from the total FCC to figure out the amount of FCC that has been included in the “Amount Paid”.

2 hours ago, Pookie45 said:

The thing that is confusing (at least on my invoice) is that the TBZ5 line item is actually the 25% bonus part of your FCC, but the full FCC amount is still shown on the invoice under “FCC applied”. So you have to subtract the TBZ5 line from the total FCC to figure out the amount of FCC that has been included in the “Amount Paid”.

Every technical change is vetted through Royal Caribbean's' Technical Confusion Mandate Enforcement Department before it goes into production to ensure it gets implemented in the way that presents the most confusion for anyone to figure out what it means.

1 hour ago, dswallow said:

Every technical change is vetted through Royal Caribbean's' Technical Confusion Mandate Enforcement Department before it goes into production to ensure it gets implemented in the way that presents the most confusion for anyone to figure out what it means.

Got a nice chuckle from that!! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2021 at 2:49 PM, Pookie45 said:

I added the total of the FCCs applied minus the line item TBZ5 - Global suspension FCC and added the $500 deposit payment and it equaled the amount paid.  Seems wierd to me but I am sure it makes perfect sense to the RCCL accountant who came up with the system.

4 hours ago, rcrabb said:

I added the total of the FCCs applied minus the line item TBZ5 - Global suspension FCC and added the $500 deposit payment and it equaled the amount paid.  Seems wierd to me but I am sure it makes perfect sense to the RCCL accountant who came up with the system.

That TBZ5 amount is the 25% extra. It comes off the cruise fare, the rest is made as a payment. Why? Who knows. But that's what it means.