xSAILEDx Allure of the Seas Oct 24 — Oct 31, 2021

PaulRC

35 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

For real ?  For sure ?  Are you going to have to sedate Mr. Speednoodles ?

LOL, for real!!!  So yesterday, when I realized that I won the upgrade but pretty much had the choice of updating my card or just letting it go I ruined the surprise that I had planned and just straight out asked him if he'd be bummed to have a view of the basketball court.  I figured that, while it wasn't my grand plan, it was better to find out and not potentially bum him out when he arrived on the ship.  He was totally cool with it, stating "there's nothing to see in the Caribbean anyway, it's not like it's Alaska or Canada", so I went for it.   He was ok with either outcome.  He worked all night and, as of this post, has no idea that the upgrade went through.  Maybe I'll let him sweat it out.

I  had also planned to surprise him with with the first class flight tickets that I'd bought, but a few weeks ago he was stressing about flying (he really hates it and I actually DO have to sedate him to fly) and was going on about how things would be so much better if we could fly First Class, so I ruined that surprise and told him about that, too.

The moral of the story?  Don't tell SpeedNoodles any secrets, because she SUCKS at keeping them!

11 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

LOL, for real!!!  So yesterday, when I realized that I won the upgrade but pretty much had the choice of updating my card or just letting it go I ruined the surprise that I had planned and just straight out asked him if he'd be bummed to have a view of the basketball court.  I figured that, while it wasn't my grand plan, it was better to find out and not potentially bum him out when he arrived on the ship.  He was totally cool with it, stating "there's nothing to see in the Caribbean anyway, it's not like it's Alaska or Canada", so I went for it.   He was ok with either outcome.  He worked all night and, as of this post, has no idea that the upgrade went through.  Maybe I'll let him sweat it out.

I  had also planned to surprise him with with the first class flight tickets that I'd bought, but a few weeks ago he was stressing about flying (he really hates it and I actually DO have to sedate him to fly) and was going on about how things would be so much better if we could fly First Class, so I ruined that surprise and told him about that, too.

The moral of the story?  Don't tell SpeedNoodles any secrets, because she SUCKS at keeping them!

YIPPEE !!!  So you have the whole CC problem fixed and you are good-to-go ?

SOOOO happy for you...but sorry too b/c you won't be happy with a balcony ever again....

9 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

YIPPEE !!!  So you have the whole CC problem fixed and you are good-to-go ?

SOOOO happy for you...but sorry too b/c you won't be happy with a balcony ever again....

Thank you! And yes, I'm worried.  Our next cruise is our Owner's Suite on Odyssey - how will we ever adjust? LOL

Also the whole First Class flight thing - I don't know if he'll ever go back to flying in the main cabin, and that's darned expensive!

19 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Thank you! And yes, I'm worried.  Our next cruise is our Owner's Suite on Odyssey - how will we ever adjust? LOL

Also the whole First Class flight thing - I don't know if he'll ever go back to flying in the main cabin, and that's darned expensive!

I can empathize.  It is very hard to go back.  And you're right - First Class (or Biz Class) is a game-changer.  Enjoy it !!

If we arrive to the terminal before our check-in time, are we able to drop our bags with the luggage handlers outside the terminal?  Thinking about grabbing lunch at one of the nearby restaurants before we board. 

Edited by Diesel
Added question mark

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Allure of the Seas Oct 24 — Oct 31, 2021