Vision leaving the fleet?

Many have noticed that Vision is coming to Galveston in Nov and Dec of 2017 for 4 & 5 night cruises. We are on Navigator for a 9 night that starts in Nov and ends in Dec, so it's hard to justify a Vision cruise during that short period.

Remember this is a RUMOR thread...

I called C&A today and asked if they thought Vision would stay in Galveston into 2018. I was told that it was not possible since it was being removed from the Royal fleet. :o

Getting rid of their small ships seems like an odd decision... especially since so many ports are more accessible by smaller ships? 

The Vision class seems to be well liked overall so I find this surprising. Though, if this is true, I would be willing to bet they'd at least be keeping Enchantment. 

Wow, they are really getting rid of the Vision class ships in a hurry (if that's true).  I wonder what ship will replace Grandeur in Baltimore if they get rid of all of them !

Exactly ..... I'm still not 100% convinced that a Radiance Class will fit until I actually see one going under the Key Bridge.

I also find it interesting that they'll get rid of the namesake of the class, but, they did get rid of Sovereign yet we still have a Sovereign Class (Majesty OTS)

I hope this is not the case as I haven't had a chance to sail on her yet.....but I suppose that just gives more of an excuse to hurry up and book something.

That being said, I agree that it seems a little strange they are in such a rush to get rid of so many of the smaller ships. Whether its the  itinerary or the port or the atmosphere of the ship, there are many reasons to keep these smaller ones I would think. They can' have all big and new boats.

If they keep going this way I would think at some time space is going to outstrip demand, but maybe I am wrong to think that.

That being said, I agree that it seems a little strange they are in such a rush to get rid of so many of the smaller ships. Whether its the  itinerary or the port or the atmosphere of the ship, there are many reasons to keep these smaller ones I would think. They can' have all big and new boats.

IMO, it's not really a feasible option to go with an entire fleet of mega-ships.  Many ports simply can't accommodate ships of that size.  And can you imagine trying to tender 6400 passengers off to stand in line at the chair lift at Santorini, or any port that requires tendering?  I hope not...

Like many old buildings, at some point it becomes more cost efficient to tear them down and build anew, rather than renovate.  Maybe the next RCI order for new ships will not be for another Quantum or Oasis, but a state-of-the-art smaller ship. 

Exactly ..... I'm still not 100% convinced that a Radiance Class will fit until I actually see one going under the Key Bridge.

I also find it interesting that they'll get rid of the namesake of the class, but, they did get rid of Sovereign yet we still have a Sovereign Class (Majesty OTS)

The Radiance is a BIG ship, even though she is smaller than the rest of her shipmates.  This proved to be a problem in the Baltics as the ship had to dock in the industrial ports during a couple of our port visits because of her size, which made it a bit less convenient to get to the heart of the town where the smaller ships dock.