Jump to content

xSAILEDx Radiance of the Seas May 27, 2022 (Alaska Southbound)


Recommended Posts

  • Jill changed the title to Radiance of the Seas May 27, 2022 (Alaska Southbound)
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Bettelovestocruise said:

Good Morning, Bill and I will also be on this cruise as well as the 6 day land tour prior to boarding the ship. This will be trip number 5 to Alaska for us. Can you tell we enjoy heading there. Look forward to chatting with everyone over the next several months.

We have the 3 day land tour beforehand. So looking forward to our first Alaska trip. Hopefully not too cold! My Florida blood is thin! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Jill said:

We have the 3 day land tour beforehand. So looking forward to our first Alaska trip. Hopefully not too cold! My Florida blood is thin! 

Where in Florida are you located? We are in Port St. Lucie. I love Alaska. Normally we head there toward the end of the season but this year are heading out earlier - I would like to see the difference in the time of the year. I normally dress for our Florida winters. Sweaters, and sweatshirts. I do take a coat just to be safe and of course some gloves. Especially for the glacier viewing - it is cold. At least to me - And where does your 3 day tour begin? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bettelovestocruise said:

Where in Florida are you located? We are in Port St. Lucie. I love Alaska. Normally we head there toward the end of the season but this year are heading out earlier - I would like to see the difference in the time of the year. I normally dress for our Florida winters. Sweaters, and sweatshirts. I do take a coat just to be safe and of course some gloves. Especially for the glacier viewing - it is cold. At least to me - And where does your 3 day tour begin? 

Hey, Bette.  This is Raye.  We met you and Bill at the Cascades a few months ago (we are all on the 9-4-22 Voyager TA).  We finally moved into our new house in Riverland.

Just wanted to say "hi".  Glad to see you over here on these boards.  CC is such a mess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Hey, Bette.  This is Raye.  We met you and Bill at the Cascades a few months ago (we are all on the 9-4-22 Voyager TA).  We finally moved into our new house in Riverland.

Just wanted to say "hi".  Glad to see you over here on these boards.  CC is such a mess.

Hi Raye - glad to hear from you. I have thought about you and Dan a couple of times and wondered how you were doing. Did I read that you may not be going on the Voyager TA next year? Hope you say it is not so. We need to get together again. Bill and will be heading to  the Odyssey in Nov and then we will be home Christmas week before heading out again until mid Jan.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Bettelovestocruise said:

Hi Raye - glad to hear from you. I have thought about you and Dan a couple of times and wondered how you were doing. Did I read that you may not be going on the Voyager TA next year? Hope you say it is not so. We need to get together again. Bill and will be heading to  the Odyssey in Nov and then we will be home Christmas week before heading out again until mid Jan.  

I will PM you.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone!  My wife and I are coming, along with my father, on the May 27 cruise as well.  We live in Moyock, NC which is on the northeast coast of North Carolina beside the Outer Banks.  We are planning to whale watch and head over to Mendenhall Glacier while in Juneau, Train up to the White Pass Summit and then biking down while in Skagway, and Kayaking in Ketchikan.  We booked them separately from RCC.

I know that Radiance was suppose to have had a refurbishment in 2020 but it didn't happen because of Covid.  I have heard some carpet and furnishings need so help.  But now it is just sitting in Dry Dock.  I wish they would let us know if anything is being done to the ship, even if minor, just letting us know things are being done.  Don't get me wrong, we are still very excited, but would like to hear some updates and what is going on during this stationary lull.

I look forward to chatting with everyone and possibly meeting a few of y'all of the cruise.  There is also a nice and easy FB Group of our sail date if anyone would like to use that as well.  I'd love meet you all there too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ramebane said:

Hello everyone!  My wife and I are coming, along with my father, on the May 27 cruise as well.  We live in Moyock, NC which is on the northeast coast of North Carolina beside the Outer Banks.  We are planning to whale watch and head over to Mendenhall Glacier while in Juneau, Train up to the White Pass Summit and then biking down while in Skagway, and Kayaking in Ketchikan.  We booked them separately from RCC.

I know that Radiance was suppose to have had a refurbishment in 2020 but it didn't happen because of Covid.  I have heard some carpet and furnishings need so help.  But now it is just sitting in Dry Dock.  I wish they would let us know if anything is being done to the ship, even if minor, just letting us know things are being done.  Don't get me wrong, we are still very excited, but would like to hear some updates and what is going on during this stationary lull.

I look forward to chatting with everyone and possibly meeting a few of y'all of the cruise.  There is also a nice and easy FB Group of our sail date if anyone would like to use that as well.  I'd love meet you all there too.

Welcome aboard, Brett - We have done whale watching in Juneau and ISP in the past. Loved both. We have actually seen whales right off the ship in ISP. It is a quaint and nice quiet place. This is either our 5th or 6th time to Alaska, plus we have had a couple canceled during 2020. Looking forward to chatting with you over the next several months. Again welcome aboard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shore Excursions planned:

Juneau - Sun, May 29:  Casual hiking at Mendenhall Glacier and Nugget Falls through Juneau Tours. (Casual)

Skagway - Mon, May 30 @ 7:45a:  White Pass Railway and Bike Down Tour through Sockeye Cycle Co. (4.5 hr)

Icy Strait Point - Tue, May 31 @ 8:45a:  Whale Watch (13 passenger) through Glacier Wind Charters (3.5 hr)

Ketchikan - Wed, June 1 @ 9:30a:  Kayak Eco-Tour through Ketchikan Kayak Co. (4 hr)

Anyone else interested in joining us on the same excursions?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/16/2021 at 4:44 PM, ramebane said:

Shore Excursions planned:

Juneau - Sun, May 29:  Casual hiking at Mendenhall Glacier and Nugget Falls through Juneau Tours. (Casual)

Skagway - Mon, May 30 @ 7:45a:  White Pass Railway and Bike Down Tour through Sockeye Cycle Co. (4.5 hr)

Icy Strait Point - Tue, May 31 @ 8:45a:  Whale Watch (13 passenger) through Glacier Wind Charters (3.5 hr)

Ketchikan - Wed, June 1 @ 9:30a:  Kayak Eco-Tour through Ketchikan Kayak Co. (4 hr)

Anyone else interested in joining us on the same excursions?

We used Glacier Wind a couple of years ago. We had the best of luck with seeing the whales. From just them surfacing to bubble feeding. It was amazing. You should have a great time and I hope the whales co-operate and show themselves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/16/2021 at 1:09 PM, Bettelovestocruise said:

Where in Florida are you located? We are in Port St. Lucie. I love Alaska. Normally we head there toward the end of the season but this year are heading out earlier - I would like to see the difference in the time of the year. I normally dress for our Florida winters. Sweaters, and sweatshirts. I do take a coat just to be safe and of course some gloves. Especially for the glacier viewing - it is cold. At least to me - And where does your 3 day tour begin? 

We’re in St Johns (between St Augustine and Jacksonville). Flying out of Jax on the 22. We’re doing the wilderness express tour that starts in Anchorage. Denali, Talkeetna

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Jill said:

We’re in St Johns (between St Augustine and Jacksonville). Flying out of Jax on the 22. We’re doing the wilderness express tour that starts in Anchorage. Denali, Talkeetna

We will be in St. Augustine in early April for a convention. Not sure when we are flying out as Bill's HS gradation is in mid-May. We were unable, due to covid restrictions, to attend his granddaughters last year and I will be really surprised if we are able to go this year. But would really like to head in a couple of days early and take a trip to the arctic circle. Looking forward to this trip and cruise since it is one of many, we had canceled last year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 11/12/2021 at 10:05 AM, ramebane said:

Hello everyone!  My wife and I are coming, along with my father, on the May 27 cruise as well.  We live in Moyock, NC which is on the northeast coast of North Carolina beside the Outer Banks.  We are planning to whale watch and head over to Mendenhall Glacier while in Juneau, Train up to the White Pass Summit and then biking down while in Skagway, and Kayaking in Ketchikan.  We booked them separately from RCC.

I know that Radiance was suppose to have had a refurbishment in 2020 but it didn't happen because of Covid.  I have heard some carpet and furnishings need so help.  But now it is just sitting in Dry Dock.  I wish they would let us know if anything is being done to the ship, even if minor, just letting us know things are being done.  Don't get me wrong, we are still very excited, but would like to hear some updates and what is going on during this stationary lull.

I look forward to chatting with everyone and possibly meeting a few of y'all of the cruise.  There is also a nice and easy FB Group of our sail date if anyone would like to use that as well.  I'd love meet you all there too.

Sounds like both Radiance and Serenade (ship I will be on) will be stopping at many of the same ports. Still looking for ideas for Ketchikan but doing a UTV tour in Sitka and a whale / glacier tour in Juneau. Ideas?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, scottb76 said:

Sounds like both Radiance and Serenade (ship I will be on) will be stopping at many of the same ports. Still looking for ideas for Ketchikan but doing a UTV tour in Sitka and a whale / glacier tour in Juneau. Ideas?

Isn’t serenade doing world cruise this year? Or are you next year? 
 

Here are my notes for Ketchikan: 

Deadliest Catch excursion (Bering Sea Crab Fisherman’s Tour)

www.alaskacrabtour.com

Lumberjack show. Cheaper to book direct. Its blocks from the pier 

www.alaskanlumberjackshow.com

George Inlet Lodge Seafood Feast

www.catchcrabs.com

All you can eat crab legs, beer/wine. Bring bug spray 

www.alaskarainforest.com

West Coast Cape Fox Lodge-take funicular ($2) midway on Creek St. Great views at the top. Bar/restaurant 

Overall Ketchikan is a great port to explore on foot. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jill said:

Isn’t serenade doing world cruise this year? Or are you next year? 
 

Here are my notes for Ketchikan: 

Deadliest Catch excursion (Bering Sea Crab Fisherman’s Tour)

www.alaskacrabtour.com

Lumberjack show. Cheaper to book direct. Its blocks from the pier 

www.alaskanlumberjackshow.com

George Inlet Lodge Seafood Feast

www.catchcrabs.com

All you can eat crab legs, beer/wine. Bring bug spray 

www.alaskarainforest.com

West Coast Cape Fox Lodge-take funicular ($2) midway on Creek St. Great views at the top. Bar/restaurant 

Overall Ketchikan is a great port to explore on foot. 

 

I believe she is but not until summertime. We are 5/22. Thanks  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 11/24/2021 at 4:31 PM, Baked Alaska said:

Our Radiance Southbound isn't until July, but I am wondering if you are able to book ANY Spa appointments? No matter what I select, it shows "no offerings available." I know that they're not sold out as they haven't seem to go on sale, yet.

When in July?  We are July 8 south bound hopefully.  This is our 3rd try.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Williams5 said:

Hello all, my wife, 7yo daughter, my parents, and I will be heading southbound on the Radiance on our first Alaskan trip. Very excited to join you all.

If you’re on Facebook, there is a group page for our sailing. There are 2 meet and greets planned. Come join us! 
 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1055345955274760/?ref=share

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Getting all my Florida winter clothes ready for this trip to Alaksa. We normally head to Alaska at the end of August or early Sept. This is the first time we have headed there this early in the season. I hope the weather warms up a bit before we get there. I am checking the Fairbanks weather daily as that is where we will be first. See everyone on board or on one of the land tours.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/9/2022 at 3:19 PM, Bettelovestocruise said:

Getting all my Florida winter clothes ready for this trip to Alaksa. We normally head to Alaska at the end of August or early Sept. This is the first time we have headed there this early in the season. I hope the weather warms up a bit before we get there. I am checking the Fairbanks weather daily as that is where we will be first. See everyone on board or on one of the land tours.

Just today I started checking the 10 day forecasts for all our ports. Come next Saturday, it’s looking like low 60’s! This Florida girl can handle that! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My wife and I are on this trip. Currently I'm in the Florida Keys storing sun for Alaska. We fly out the 21st to do Danali, Girdwood and Seward on our own. If anyone has time for a meal, check out the Double Musky in Girdwood, Alaska. The two best meals I have ever had in my life! Have not been in over 10 years, but the reviews seem to still be very positive. We are spending 2 nights in Girdwood to have dinner there twice and so my wife can finally experience the place. Girdwood is also a great place to hike and has a sky lift that runs up a local mountain.

I am not being paid for the plug. lol

https://doublemuskyinn.com/

https://www.alyeskaresort.com/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/13/2022 at 1:40 PM, Swar said:

My wife and I are on this trip. Currently I'm in the Florida Keys storing sun for Alaska. We fly out the 21st to do Danali, Girdwood and Seward on our own. If anyone has time for a meal, check out the Double Musky in Girdwood, Alaska. The two best meals I have ever had in my life! Have not been in over 10 years, but the reviews seem to still be very positive. We are spending 2 nights in Girdwood to have dinner there twice and so my wife can finally experience the place. Girdwood is also a great place to hike and has a sky lift that runs up a local mountain.

I am not being paid for the plug. lol

https://doublemuskyinn.com/

https://www.alyeskaresort.com/

Welcome aboard. When will you be in Denali? We should be there on the 22nd and the morning of the 23rd. I think we are staying at the Denali Park Village. And we will be in Seward the 26th, staying at the Windsong Lodge and then doing the Resurrection Bay cruise on the 27th, prior to boarding. Love Alyeska - have been there several times and have eaten at the Double Musky. Looking forward to chatting with you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bette...

Going to be in Danali 22 - 24th via train from Anchorage. Staying at Princess Loge. Staying in Girdwood, then 360 Hotel in Seward 26/27. No tours, just roaming around. Looking forward to linking up. Maybe drinks on the 22nd.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Swar said:

Bette...

Going to be in Danali 22 - 24th via train from Anchorage. Staying at Princess Loge. Staying in Girdwood, then 360 Hotel in Seward 26/27. No tours, just roaming around. Looking forward to linking up. Maybe drinks on the 22nd.

We will be traveling from Fairbanks to Denali on the 22nd. Not sure exactly what time we will be getting into the hotel. But will let you know. I normally have email so feel free to send me a message - wimcmillan at bellsouth dot net.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Radiance of the Seas May 27, 2022 (Alaska Southbound)
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...