Traditional & mytime dining times adventure

reedjgc

Hello! I'm on the Aug 7th sailing out of Nassau on adventuring.

I was just looking at my time dining times and I'm only seeing 7pm and later, is this the same with all the adventure sailings? Seems a bit late?

For anyone on these sailings doing traditional dining, what times are the early and late? 

thank you!

8 minutes ago, reedjgc said:

I was just looking at my time dining times and I'm only seeing 7pm and later

I noticed this when I went to make My Time Dining reservations recently for an upcoming fall cruise, I am pretty sure it's because all the better times have been snapped up already. I made dining reservations for a sailing that's next April and still had my pick of options between 5:30-7:30.  

14 minutes ago, twangster said:

Welcome to the message boards!

This has been a trend on a number of cruises I have booked although one ship, Mariner, did add some 5:30pm time slots recently.

For all of my other ships booked, MTD starts at 7pm.  

Could they have removed the early seating in the MDR due to reduced capcity?

9 minutes ago, Mike.s said:

Could they have removed the early seating in the MDR due to reduced capcity?

Prior to the shutdown at least two Oasis class had modified their dining.  They pushed MTD later and expanded the early traditional dining.  However it was limited to just a few ships.  

When I first noticed MTD times trending later I was curious if the trial on those Oasis class was becoming fleet wide.  Then I saw some ships start to have earlier MTD times.  

So I don't know what's up.  Need to get on a ship and ask the dining room manager.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/28/2021 at 5:59 AM, ChrisK2793 said:

it’s not really “My Time Dining” anymore if you can’t eat until 7pm or later ……. Especially if you take it thinking you can eat at 530 or 6 like before and then don’t find out until you get on the ship that your earliest choice is 7pm 

I agree, we have always, well once we learned, chosen both a table for 2 and my time for 2 reasons.  One it has always started 15 minutes before early traditional and 2nd we dislike the long drawn out production of a 1-1/2-2 hour dinner.  We order our full meal as soon as the waiter shows up, skip desert on all but one night and clear the table for future use in 45 minutes to an hour.  Its what works for us