xSAILEDx Odyssey of the Seas, Nov. 15, 2021

Just booked this sailing last night for myself and my spouse.  Our 10yo son will be staying home this time since he just missed a week of school last month for Symphony.  This will be our first time on a Quantum Class ship!  We couldn’t resist the insanely cheap rate for 5 nights in a balcony room to try the new ship!

23 hours ago, ChrisK2793 said:

Just booked this sailing last night for myself and my spouse.  Our 10yo son will be staying home this time since he just missed a week of school last month for Symphony.  This will be our first time on a Quantum Class ship!  We couldn’t resist the insanely cheap rate for 5 nights in a balcony room to try the new ship!

Welcome aboard. We are also looking forward to seeing what the Odyssey has to offer. We have sailed on the Anthem once before. So we are looking forward to seeing the differences. 

again welcome aboard. 

16 minutes ago, Cruising With JT said:

Wow just noticed the pricing for this cruise, I cancelled a few months ago but now my room is $450 less. Must not be selling well? Enjoy the reduced capacity (I think)!

I think they are expanding capacity.  The resulting "surplus" is making it very inexpensive to book it.  

21 minutes ago, Justwanttocruise said:

@twangster I saw the pictures you posted of the deck 10 aft cabin and I can confirm as you get higher in decks from 10 to 12 you lose deck space. I could not believe the pictures of how much deck space the aft cabins on deck 10 have.

Yeah.  I'll be on deck 12 aft soon but I'm prepared for the smaller aft balcony.  

Just an FYI for anybody who has THE KEY on this sailing.  I was just told that we can board between 11am and 11:30am no matter what time it says on our Sea Pass cards.  HOWEVER, they also said that if you miss the 11am to 11:30am window, then they will not let you board until the time on your Sea Pass card.  So be on time for that window if you have The Key.

On another note, we bid on a Junior Suite this morning and we got it upgraded this afternoon.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

You never had a check-in time? Or you chose noon earlier and now it's not showing at all?

If the system is doing what it did for one of my Sept cruises - we could put in all the info (pre-upload of covid card) but when it came to check in time - there were no times listed. In addition, the system would not allow you to complete the check in process without having a check in time. 

44 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

I read from @Matt’s blog post today that the naming ceremony for the Odyssey will be on November 13th.  Does this mean that the November 15th sailing is the “Grand” Inaugural?

Honestly, they don’t look at it that way. Royal celebrates the “inaugural season”, and that’s about it. 

I think there may be some leftover decorations from the 2 night cruise before us, but I’m not necessarily expecting fireworks or anything super special.  But I could be totally wrong.  

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Honestly, they don’t look at it that way. Royal celebrates the “inaugural season”, and that’s about it. 

I think there may be some leftover decorations from the 2 night cruise before us, but I’m not necessarily expecting fireworks or anything super special.  But I could be totally wrong.  

This is one time I really, really hope you're wrong ha ha

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Odyssey of the Seas, Nov. 15, 2021