Royal Caribbean Blog

Odyssey of the Seas, Nov. 15, 2021

twangster

On 6/10/2021 at 5:21 AM, ConstantCruiser said:

Studio balcony 7652 opened up.

I grabbed it a few days ago!! Moved from 6652 since Deck 6 has more lifeboat obstruction ? hopefully it wasn't you that cancelled?! Will you still be joining us? I enjoy your pics/posts! Are you instagram?

11 minutes ago, johnt83 said:

I grabbed it a few days ago!! Moved from 6652 since Deck 6 has more lifeboat obstruction ? hopefully it wasn't you that cancelled?! Will you still be joining us? I enjoy your pics/posts! Are you instagram?

Still on this sailing so far.  Still establishing various social media channels.   

On 6/13/2021 at 4:28 PM, ConstantCruiser said:

Still on this sailing so far.  Still establishing various social media channels.   

Same here! I actually just changed my username to 'Cruising With JT' as I am in the process of creating a few cruise-related social media channels...but it's still me, johnt83 ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2021 at 4:51 PM, SuperStarian said:

While not the inaugural cruise, this revised itinerary works great with my schedule. So, my best friend and I are going on this sailing! We booked it today with MEI.

This autumn happens to be our 25th friendship anniversary! We are beyond excited!!

Nice! Welcome aboard! I booked this initially since it was the inaugural...still excited, and added a in short 3-night on Freedom right beforehand to make it worthwhile for 8-nights coming from the west coast! Congrats on the 25th friendship anniversary!

7 hours ago, Cruising With JT said:

...still excited, and added a in short 3-night on Freedom right beforehand to make it worthwhile for 8-nights coming from the west coast! 

I've strung a few cruises together from November 15 to December 3 to make it worthwhile coming all the way from Jacksonville ha ha

Odyssey - Radiance - Freedom - Freedom

Well, well.  $20 price drop for me overnight.

I know, I know... $20?  That's it?

My pricing is based on my qualifiers and current promotions in my cabin type for a solo cruiser.  Someone else may see a price increase for a different type of cabin.

Even if you don't pursue a small $20 price drop the trend is notable since this is the first downward trend in pricing since this sailing no longer is the US inaugural.  

If nothing else check pricing today so you'll be better informed if this trend continues into something more meaningful.

9 hours ago, twangster said:

I've cancelled this sail date.  I have her booked a couple times before this now so this 5 night has become redundant.  

Enjoy your cruise!

Bummer! Enjoy her before November! I just booked my flights for my 8-nights (3 on Freedom starting 11/12 right before Odyssey on 11/15)! 2 days at Perfect day at Cococay in a week, yesssss!

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Cruising With JT said:

Any updates? I heard about a few others having the same issue.

Yea I guess the website and their underlying systems are having issues, they were able to get my sailing back onto the CP. I am a little knee jerky about the Odyssey cruise because of everything I went thru to hold this room and keep on this cruise, so I might have overreacted. My TA is still trying to deal with FCC issues but I am still on the cruise and looking forward to seeing you and Twangster.

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, SuperStarian said:

Are the sailings the week before Thanksgiving usually busy? Or is this considered a slow week?

Pre-pandemic and no single graph can capture all variables or all scenarios (interior vs. balcony vs. suite, different regions, etc.) but in general terms this was loosely the trend that I often observed pre-pandemic:

401552217_RCIpricetrends.jpg.f37b9b84561d774572a21b78a3230cdd.jpg

Source: cruisemarketwatch.com

That was 2012 and the trends were changing with many more people cruising leading up to 2019.  

Lacking anything else I still think it loosely applies.