Royal Caribbean Blog

Adventure of the Seas July 17, 2021 ROLL CALL

Anyone else on this cruise? I am sailing with my 2 DDs (19 and 22) and friends. DH may come along if that 4 letter word (work) allows. Finally getting to celebrate birthdays and graduation¬†after many cancelled/rebooked cruises. Watching¬†the countdown¬†and can't wait! Time to cruise again.¬†ūü§©

That would be me. A certain someone kept enticing me with an over-the-water bungalow at Coco Beach Club (Coco Cay), so I had to "pull the trigger". I am a solo cruiser and RCI is even more "solo friendly" than NCL when they run their 60% off the 2nd guest sale. Essentially lowers my solo supplement down to 40& and allows me to book regular balcony staterooms (which I have for this cruise).

I even have my Premium Drink Package and Vroom internet & streaming package purchased! So good to know that this cruise will actually sail! Can't wait also!!

20 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Two of our friends from HB booked this cruise today! So exciting.¬†ūüėĀ¬†Still waiting to hear from a few more though. I did notice that cabins are selling out.¬†

Check this out; on that other "solo-friendly" cruise line I mentioned, I am booked for a 7-day S. Caribbean cruise out of La Romana, Dominican Republic (you probably know which cruise line I'm referring to). On that cruise, I am booked in a regular balcony stateroom. However, I am seriously considering upgrading to a Penthouse suite! On this particular class of ship, there are forward-facing PH suites and also aft-facing PH suites (decks 8,9 & 10). The thing about these PH suites (from a solo cruiser's perspective), is that they are the smallest suites on this class of ship (max capacity up to 3). So, not too big for a solo cruiser, like me. What's also great is that these are real suites with the perks (i.e. butler & concierge, etc). Not "club balcony suites or mini-suites", which are basically balcony staterooms that are a little larger.

I've been doing research on these PH suites and if I do "pull the trigger", I want to book a forward-facing one on deck 10 (right below the bridge). The view would be exactly what the Captain and watch officer(s) would see forward from the bridge. I'll let you know if I "pull the trigger". It would cost me $3000 more than my currently booked balcony stateroom but I can justify the extra cost because this cruise will be in Sept, so I am designating it my birthday cruise and also, my belated (due to covid) retirement cruise!

33 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Two of our friends from HB booked this cruise today! So exciting.¬†ūüėĀ¬†Still waiting to hear from a few more though. I did notice that cabins are selling out.¬†

Good for you! The more the merrier, right? I'm still waiting on an answer from my youngest son (Colin). I hope he goes.

3 hours ago, farmersfight said:

Check this out; on that other "solo-friendly" cruise line I mentioned, I am booked for a 7-day S. Caribbean cruise out of La Romana, Dominican Republic (you probably know which cruise line I'm referring to). On that cruise, I am booked in a regular balcony stateroom. However, I am seriously considering upgrading to a Penthouse suite! On this particular class of ship, there are forward-facing PH suites and also aft-facing PH suites (decks 8,9 & 10). The thing about these PH suites (from a solo cruiser's perspective), is that they are the smallest suites on this class of ship (max capacity up to 3). So, not too big for a solo cruiser, like me. What's also great is that these are real suites with the perks (i.e. butler & concierge, etc). Not "club balcony suites or mini-suites", which are basically balcony staterooms that are a little larger.

I've been doing research on these PH suites and if I do "pull the trigger", I want to book a forward-facing one on deck 10 (right below the bridge). The view would be exactly what the Captain and watch officer(s) would see forward from the bridge. I'll let you know if I "pull the trigger". It would cost me $3000 more than my currently booked balcony stateroom but I can justify the extra cost because this cruise will be in Sept, so I am designating it my birthday cruise and also, my belated (due to covid) retirement cruise!

JUST DO IT! You only live once. 

32 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Tell him there will be another guy 18 so far. Nice kid.

I'm having a little trouble replying to this post. I guess it helps if you log in first, lol. 

Thanks, I will tell Colin. He would have even more of a blast if he had a buddy around his age (Colin is 20). Fingers crossed that Colin will join us¬†ūü§ě.

Happy Friday Rat Packers! I was at Olive Garden tonight for dinner and I had some red wine. I haven't had wine in a long while. It was great and definitely a change of pace from beer. I'm "upping my game" to get ready for my Norwegian Gem cruise in my penthouse suite!

0?ui=2&ik=26e6524970&attid=0.1&permmsgid

I hope you guys' weekend is off to a good start!

7 hours ago, farmersfight said:

Happy Friday Rat Packers! I was at Olive Garden tonight for dinner and I had some red wine. I haven't had wine in a long while. It was great and definitely a change of pace from beer. I'm "upping my game" to get ready for my Norwegian Gem cruise in my penthouse suite!

0?ui=2&ik=26e6524970&attid=0.1&permmsgid

I hope you guys' weekend is off to a good start!

Woops, I posted this to the wrong thread. It was supposed to be posted to the Rat Pack thread. On top of that, the picture didn't post. Apologize Adventure of the Seas Roll Call members!

On 4/29/2021 at 6:28 PM, HBCcruiser said:

Anyone else on this cruise? I am sailing with my 2 DDs (19 and 22) and friends. DH may come along if that 4 letter word (work) allows. Finally getting to celebrate birthdays and graduation¬†after many cancelled/rebooked cruises. Watching¬†the countdown¬†and can't wait! Time to cruise again.¬†ūü§©

I was just thinking, should we try and get the CC Adventure of the Seas (July 17-24, 2021) roll call members over here? I think we were the only 2 over on CC and it looks like (so far) we are the only 2 on here, lol.

4 hours ago, farmersfight said:

I was just thinking, should we try and get the CC Adventure of the Seas (July 17-24, 2021) roll call members over here? I think we were the only 2 over on CC and it looks like (so far) we are the only 2 on here, lol.

CC does not allow us to post this blog site address in any form - even spelled out! I have tried. It is really dumb IMO. I thought the idea was to help each other and share knowledge. Perhaps some sort of rivalry? This site provides a ton of info! I like it. 

1 hour ago, HBCcruiser said:

CC does not allow us to post this blog site address in any form - even spelled out! I have tried. It is really dumb IMO. I thought the idea was to help each other and share knowledge. Perhaps some sort of rivalry? This site provides a ton of info! I like it. 

One word.  tinyurl 

It gets around their filter.

Go to tinyurl and create a tiny link to this site or the specific page you want to send people to.

Use the insert link button above and type some text like with the tinyurl you created as the URL like this:

Here is some useful information

In this case https://tinyurl.com/55fbeysy forwards to https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/

2 hours ago, twangster said:

One word.  tinyurl 

It gets around their filter.

Go to tinyurl and create a tiny link to this site or the specific page you want to send people to.

Use the insert link button above and type some text like with the tinyurl you created as the URL like this:

Here is some useful information

In this case https://tinyurl.com/55fbeysy forwards to https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/

Q; can I use tinyurl to get out of the CC brig early? My release date is Mon. May 3rd.

• 2 weeks later...