Suggestions for Coco Cay

Any suggestions for Coco Cay?  

We were considering snorkeling.  Do I need to book the excursion now, or wait?  I assume that if we are unable to go to Coco Cay because of the weather, my money would be refunded????

What do you guys bring along with you for the day?  Anything special that I would not normally think to bring for a day at the beach?  Do most of you carry a beach type bag?  Are there lockers to rent while snorkeling?  

We were considering snorkeling.  Do I need to book the excursion now, or wait?  I assume that if we are unable to go to Coco Cay because of the weather, my money would be refunded????

Yes, your money will be refunded if you can't dock there.  I think you can book in advance but no big deal to book on the island when you get there since it's an on your own kind of excursion.

What do you guys bring along with you for the day?  Anything special that I would not normally think to bring for a day at the beach?  Do most of you carry a beach type bag?  Are there lockers to rent while snorkeling?  

I recall there being lockers for rent near the excursions desk on the island.  We usually bring two beach bags, one for our stuff (sunscreen, books, iphones, sunglasses, etc) and one to carry the towels in.

I prefer to just sit and enjoy the sun on CocoCay while my daughter plays in the ocean.  

I will also shamelessly plug my podcast episode about CocoCay

Go for the parasailing, & then let us know how it was! Attempted 4x but yet to make it. Great location to do it.

Ha Ha!  Sorry, but I am deathly afraid of heights!  My daughters on the other hand have the motto..."No Fear".  Maybe they can do it and let me know (or take the Go Pro with them)

Ha Ha!  Sorry, but I am deathly afraid of heights!  My daughters on the other hand have the motto..."No Fear".  Maybe they can do it and let me know (or take the Go Pro with them)

Hey, I like the go pro idea --you can get Mattnto post on the blog!

I've gone snorkeling every time I go to Coco Cay. It's great because the fish out by the Lifeguard stand are trained to expect that people have food--so they swim RIGHT up next to you! It's amazing!!

They do have a package that includes a Cabana, beach mats, water, wine, snorkeling, etc., but the beach itself is a better location than the cabanas in my opinion. You can book beforehand or day-of. No issue either way.