johnny rockets - please explain it to me

cjappert

Johnny Rocket stateside remains pedestrian at best.   I doubt the sea air improves on their quality.  When you are mediocre, you will always be at your best.   The Chefs employed by RCL are very talented and present outstanding cuisine.  And missing the Chef's Table and other offerings is a true error.  YMMV.  Bon Appétit!

Specialty dining is worth every penny spent.   We have done it several times and have never ever been disappointed nor have we ever heard of someone being disappointed.  We once saw a diner having a minor issue and they corrected the problem post haste and chatting with the couple after dinner they were blown away by the food and the service especially with how  fast the problem was corrected.  The maitred' and the chef  appeared at the table as well .  R C is a class act organization. 

• 3 months later...

reading through this thread as me craving some Johnny Rockets!!

So glad there is one on the Navigator for my Jan cruise!

But I did want to ask/confirm...its only on the Oasis class ships that they are open for breakfast and there is no charge?

As far as I know, yes. It wasn't open on the Liberty and I haven't heard it being open on any other class of ship.

Interesting..I have not heard of any of the ships in the fleet doing JR's a la carte pricing.

Wonder if this is something new they are trying....or if this was just so they can cut back on the food they offer around the pool(no more or very few pool bbq's now or sail away buffets or midnight buffets or)

While I think being able to buy 1 item or 2 for less than the $6.95 cover charge, overall I think I would rather just be charged the flat rate and not have to worry about how much each item is or how much I have eaten!..ha

I have sailed the Navigator, and they had alacarte pricing at Johnny Rockets. I am sailing the Liberty (In exactly seven days!) and I believe they also have alacarte pricing.

Did you get it to go by chance? I have heard that they charge a la carte on did with a flat fee if you do this.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't understand why you would pay extra to eat at Johnny Rockets.  You can get burgers and hot dogs in Windjammer.  On Sea Days, they set up a pool-side buffet with burgers and hot dogs.  You can eat at Sonic (and a dozen other burger places) in any home town.   

I feel the same way.  We actually had a Johnny Rockets restaurant in my town for a year or so, but it failed due to there being so many other better hamburger options locally.  I don't understand the appeal of a burger that is of the same quality of what's sitting under the heat lamps in the Windjammer. It's just a glorified McDonalds.

We're sailing on Carnival Triumph in August and will check out Guy's Burger Joint ... just for the sake of comparison, of course.

[edited to look like the original post was written by someone who had at least some rudimentary knowledge of the English language]

I feel the same way.  We actually had a Johnny Rockets restaurant in my town for a year or so, but it failed due to there being so many other better hamburger options locally.  I don't understand the appeal of a burger that is of the same quality of what's sitting under the heat lamps in the Windjammer.  Its just a glorified McDonalds.

We're sailing on Carnival Triumph in August and will check out Guy's Burger Joint ... use for the sake of comparison, of course.

Guy's Burgers kicks JR's butt and without an extra charge.  The toppings bar alone is worth the price of what JR charges.  The pig patty (a patty made completely out of ground bacon) is a bit salty, however.  They'll even top your burger with onion rings if you want.

Carnival's complimentary burrito/taco bar also beats Rita's Cantina.  In addition, they have a really good selection of salsas (try the watermelon) and breakfast burritos made to order in the morning.  The only downside is limited hours.  I think they close by 2 or 3 in the afternoon each day.  Guy's is open a bit later (6ish), but I hear they are considering staying open later.

Guest toodle68

Just wish they had larger coffee mugs. 

For my last cruise.. and all future cruises more than 3 nights, I will be taking my 16oz coffee mug.. I loved popping up to WJ to fill it with coffee and return to my cabin.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody seen long waits on Harmony now that it is a comp. meal for Boardwalk cabin folks??

Is complimentary for all of these cabins on all Oasis class ships. For what it's worth, it was always easy to get seats on the Allure, probably given the long hours that it's open. Sea days were more crowded, but I never saw a wait when I went by.

• 2 weeks later...

They are included in the beverage package Princess sells, so it's possible things could change if there's market demand. If you are a Crush and Anchor member, you'll like receive a but one, get one offer for the shakes that you could use.

• 2 weeks later...