johnny rockets - please explain it to me

cjappert

thanks! ive been seeing that they offer take out as well? how would that work when someone can order as much as they want? Wouldnt someone be able to order like 3 burgers and fries and pay for one and take it to go?

it just doesnt make sense to me, but i might just be slow lol

thanks! ive been seeing that they offer take out as well? how would that work when someone can order as much as they want? Wouldnt someone be able to order like 3 burgers and fries and pay for one and take it to go?

Take out is 1 item of each category per person - 3 burgers not possible

The food at Johnny Rockets is all you can eat.

I've never tried to-go, but the issue is per-person.  I'm not 100% certain one person can go to JR and have 5 burgers to go.  

we're never been, is it worth the extra money?

Personally, I don't think so, unless you are really craving onion rings and a milk shake.  I can get a much better burger at any local bar.  We had a Johnny Rockets in the city I live in, and it stayed in business for only a year or two, as it couldn't compete with the local places.  I'm sure others will disagree, but I thought it was nothing to write home about.

It was a convenient place to grab breakfast though.

The cover price does include a soda and you would spend much more at the land side version. The burgers are fine, but Carnival offers a much better burger and fries without the surcharge. Essentially, you're paying for the branding and the experience.

If you go hungry, it can be a good value.

JR veggie burgers are really stinking awesome

Yeah, I seem to recall you mentioning this a "few times" on the Podcasts ....

Personally, I'm a freak when it comes to the Fries and Onion Rings .... definitely worth the $$ to me.  But that's the nice thing, you have that option to go or not to go .....

Of course, if we knew Poole was going to dance like he did on Allure, well then, I do believe we all would agree it would be worth the $$$ to watch that .....

They are a wonderful change of pace.  And in regards to one post who did not  know that there was a Johnny rockets on  the ship they were on.  We always now explore the ship after getting on board.   It used to be only me and the wife and kids would not bother and wonder where is dad.   Now the wife and I will explore as it is amazing how much you can find out.  Also attend  the various seminars as they are quite informative and helpful. 

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I don't think so, unless you are really craving onion rings and a milk shake.  I can get a much better burger at any local bar.  We had a Johnny Rockets in the city I live in, and it stayed in business for only a year or two, as it couldn't compete with the local places.  I'm sure others will disagree, but I thought it was nothing to write home about.

It was a convenient place to grab breakfast though.

Agree completely.  I was totally underwhelmed with the JR on Freedom in April.  

While I have only ate at JR twice, it was delicious both times. Once was on Adventure, the

other time one of her sister ships.

Eric

I'd agree. While I wasn't overwhelmed, it was good enough to try again on a future cruise. I just think they're paying the value for the price.

I totally agree with the other posts.  There is nothing like a cheeseburger onion rings and a chocolate shake for a change of pace.  Especially on a sea day to break the monotony of the usual  food you are  used to being served.    Then again their is nothing like a cheese burger  from Billy Goat Tavern in Chicago.    With Park Ave and so many other venues to choose from it"s not the end of the world if you don"t get to Johnny Rockets.  

I actually really enjoyed JR's for Embarkation day. It was totally empty, and the greasy food felt great after... flying in the day of the cruise DON'T JUDGE ME. 

If it was open on embarkation day when we were on the Liberty, I would have gone there and not complained about the $$$.

I guess my big beef, no pun intended, is that the price has gone up beyond where it should be and offering a soda in the price is pointless for those of us on the drink package.  If the price included a shake, then I wouldn't be complaining.  And to be honest, Carnival offers a much better burger without any type of surcharge.

Will I do JR again when on the Allure in January.  Of course,  It's a nice change of pace.  Will I complain about the cost?  Probably, but what else do I have to do? ;)

If it was open on embarkation day when we were on the Liberty, I would have gone there and not complained about the $$$.

I guess my big beef, no pun intended, is that the price has gone up beyond where it should be and offering a soda in the price is pointless for those of us on the drink package.  If the price included a shake, then I wouldn't be complaining.  And to be honest, Carnival offers a much better burger without any type of surcharge.

Will I do JR again when on the Allure in January.  Of course,  It's a nice change of pace.  Will I complain about the cost?  Probably, but what else do I have to do? ;)

As someone who doesn't eat meat (fish aside.. I'm a terrible vegetarian) ... I'm perfectly happy to pay for a decent veggie burger on board. I found it well worth it. 

Pescetarian == Terrible vegetarian ... asking most veg communities.

See . . . not all learning takes place in the classroom.  :)

I would think a terrible vegetarian was one that ate bacon ("vegetarian crack" among my vegetarian friends), but perhaps I have low standards or odd friends.

See . . . not all learning takes place in the classroom.   :)

I would think a terrible vegetarian was one that ate bacon ("vegetarian crack" among my vegetarian friends), but perhaps I have low standards or odd friends.

As someone that never liked bacon that much in the first place... meh. 

Chicken wings are harder.

I actually really enjoyed JR's for Embarkation day. It was totally empty, and the greasy food felt great after... flying in the day of the cruise DON'T JUDGE ME.

I like to hit it on embarkation day. The way I see it it's the only time in the cruise when I am hungry, might as well get my money's worth. Because from here on in I'm just eating for fun, being hungry is for land dwellers.

I love burgers, are they the best ones, no, but they are good enough. I do really like their salad with the chicken, that's good.

A couple of people have mentioned that soda is included at jr. I can not find anywhere that confirms this. And as we all know rccl does not have the best website. Can anyone who was not on the drink plan confirm that the sodas are included? Because i am just wondering if maybe the people who got the free soda at jr got it bc server saw the sticker on the card.