Good News????

I'm skeptical, but for a minute let's assume it's true.  What would it mean?  We know cruising isn't starting until July at the earliest no matter what happens with the CSO.

Having crew stateside in April really would only make sense to get them vaccinated. Too early for cruise ramp up otherwise.  We already know from the vlogs that crew have had their deployments postponed.

Is there any idea how many foreign crew are legally living in the USA already? It would seem quite cost prohibitive to come to the USA just to get vaccinated, both for the individual and cruise line. But then again anyone in the USA should have easy access to vaccines at this point.

It has been almost a year without cruising.  I expect considerable mass retraining is in order for new and old crew on both old and new SOP's as well as the ships to be used at the re-start.  

Under normal operations ships of all kinds are in near continuous operation.  Crew members are trained OJT as crew members that leave service are replaced.   Prior to restart the whole service side of the cruise industry must be trained and retrained.  I can see this taking a month or more on land and then time at sea and then CDC fake cruises and then re-start. 

Don't forget quarantine for two weeks and 3 weeks between vaccinations.  

If July/August is the goal to re-start, I think late April may not be too soon.

13 hours ago, Matt said:

Interesting. How confident are you in their report?

I have reason to believe there is a large contingent in Miami area as well. How many I can't say but a pretty large group...  Couldn't say with certainty that it would be more than a ship or two's worth even, Training? Vaccinations?  No idea... 

On 4/24/2021 at 8:52 AM, smokeybandit said:

I'm skeptical, but for a minute let's assume it's true.  What would it mean?  We know cruising isn't starting until July at the earliest no matter what happens with the CSO.

Having crew stateside in April really would only make sense to get them vaccinated. Too early for cruise ramp up otherwise.  We already know from the vlogs that crew have had their deployments postponed.

Is there any idea how many foreign crew are legally living in the USA already? It would seem quite cost prohibitive to come to the USA just to get vaccinated, both for the individual and cruise line. But then again anyone in the USA should have easy access to vaccines at this point.

I’ve been guessing  a 90 day lead time required for crew assembly.  Certainly this rumor would be in that window.

On 4/24/2021 at 9:52 AM, smokeybandit said:

Let me know what your skeptical about and I will try and get some answers. Are you insinuating my contractors (whose livelihood depends on me) are feeding me false information? Not a single one of the dozens that are on my payroll for 10+ years even know that we cruise so they have no motives. They told me the hotel and others around it are filled with presumably crew from both RC and Carnival. 

41 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Let me know what your skeptical about and I will try and get some answers. Are you insinuating my contractors (whose livelihood depends on me) are feeding me false information? Not a single one of the dozens that are on my payroll for 10+ years even know that we cruise so they have no motives. They told me the hotel and others around it are filled with presumably crew from both RC and Carnival. 

Please don't be offended. Nobody is insinuating anything.

There's been a lot of false hopes over the last year and everyone just wants to be sure before investing their emotions in this.

Everyone is pleased and excited about the possibility. Thank you for sharing. 

1 hour ago, tonyfsu21 said:

I don't doubt your sources at all. I'm just skeptical.  This crew would have to be Adventure and/or Vision for it to make any sense.

1 hour ago, steverk said:

Please don't be offended. Nobody is insinuating anything.

There's been a lot of false hopes over the last year and everyone just wants to be sure before investing their emotions in this.

Everyone is pleased and excited about the possibility. Thank you for sharing. 

I don’t get offended by anything so no big deal. 

It stands to reason, actually.  

They have to quarantine, then get back on the ships.  The lines are still required to do test

cruises with crew only, and then the test cruises with passengers.

I'm slated for 8/1, so I'm excited!!!   Thanks, Tony.....from a Tar Heel fan.