Australia/NZ Cruising News

I would be ecstatic if an oasis ship made it here, but I just don’t think the whole “the ship is the destination” idea would be viable here for royal. Disney is a huge brand, and that is why the ships sold so well, not because it’s a cruise but because it’s something Disney. I’ve heard a lot of unhappy customers with royal due to the planned ports not being open and there’s been a lot of cancellations due to this, and so I really don’t think the ship will sell without ports to visit and unfortunately there is hardly any ports that could take an oasis class ship.

3 hours ago, KWofPerth said:

I couldn't read the article properly Chili, could you cut n paste?

How’s this ?  

I think it’s just more of Royal’s hype. They have trouble filling Quantum let alone a Oasis.

But then again Florida will be starting to get congested with Icon and Utopia.

4AB8495A-0E85-4E44-8726-7CC64B04562D.thumb.png.bb56fdf4443befd46989bbe0c6aa646e.png

9 hours ago, falcc said:

Now that the Australian government has removed vaccination requirements for cruises, how long before RC updates their rules?

https://www.health.gov.au/health-alerts/covid-19/international-travel/cruise-travel

This is the federal government guideline. You must still abide by your local state or territory port authority.

For example, in NSW you must still be fully vaccinated if you are over 12 and still must do a covid test before embarking.

It didn't take the media long to report on Covid cases on Ovation. Hardly any cases but still worthy or reporting in the media's eyes. 

They don't report on cases on inbound aircraft because they can't, they aren't tracked and certainly not in a convenient way that cruise lines are obliged to do.

Covid cases on first cruise ship to Napier and Wellington - NZ Herald

44 minutes ago, F1guynz said:

They don't report on cases on inbound aircraft because they can't, they aren't tracked and certainly not in a convenient way that cruise lines are obliged to do.

And the media doesnt even allude to the fact there are people on airplanes with Covid. They act like covid is only on cruise ships

Just the standard quarantine for 7 days if you have Covid, otherwise pretty relaxed rules. Only places masks required is in hospital and aged care facilities.

‘Covid is on the rise here again at the moment with over 16,000 cases last week but no expected changes to any settings.

23 minutes ago, F1guynz said:

Just the standard quarantine for 7 days if you have Covid, otherwise pretty relaxed rules. Only places masks required is in hospital and aged care facilities.

‘Covid is on the rise here again at the moment with over 16,000 cases last week but no expected changes to any settings.

There’s still plenty here but you don’t hear about it ,   Covid what?

25 minutes ago, mattymay said:

What was the earliest boarding time? 1pm?

Yes 1pm but they were running late today as Customs wanted to do a full inspection of everyone’s passport and immigration documents. People were still getting off at 12:30. On the plus side our cabin was ready as soon as we got on.

3A789EE9-46DB-42FA-BF02-2FE15BE49950.jpeg

1 hour ago, CruisingOz said:

It was crazy trying to get off this morning. Customs took so long checking through everyone details. Bonus for us was we could skip the long lines to get back on which took us 2min to board

I wonder why boarder force was so picky?

Are you doing a B2B ?  Are you on the next one to Vila ?

2 hours ago, mattymay said:

What's the deal with Shore excursions in Vanuatu? Do you have any info now yours is close?

Jan is still not showing anything.

There’s a few  here’s a screenshot .The independent ones are a bit hard to find, they’re not running.

We get there 3:00pm on a Saturday and leave Sunday afternoon.    A overnight should be good.
I would like to go to the coffee factory but it will be closed 

Im hoping the ship puts something on Saturday night ,if not I’ll just catch the bus into the War horse pub. Then do a ship tour on the Sunday.

72AE6438-3465-4E29-8015-041B489DCC3A.thumb.png.01cbb5a2248f532655d18a905bfe5344.png

There are now charges to use North Star and IFly since last time we cruised Ovation.

still complementary on port days when operating.

North Star offers to experiences now, basic and extended. Basic on port days just goes up and down. Extended on sea days goes left, right, up and down.

DFB8546C-D6BE-442C-AB71-9B40350119A2.png

C6BB9C01-479B-4522-84EA-DA1E66E2BCEE.png

1 hour ago, F1guynz said:

There are now charges to use North Star and IFly since last time we cruised Ovation.

North Star offers to experiences now, basic and extended. Basic on port days just goes up and down. Extended on sea days goes left, right, up and down.

DFB8546C-D6BE-442C-AB71-9B40350119A2.png

C6BB9C01-479B-4522-84EA-DA1E66E2BCEE.png

Who are the resident bands onboard?

There was usually 3 bands,one at the pool ,one in bolaro’s and one later in the night in music hall .

13 hours ago, F1guynz said:

I am pretty sure iFly was free last time we were on Ovation as well 😞