An open letter to Matt and the RCLBlog family

coneyraven

Good Morning,

I wanted to share with everyone an email that I sent to Matt last night ...... the more I thought about it, the more I felt this should be shared with everyone.... I owe all of you soooo much as my cruise is fast approaching ......

I mentioned a few people in the email to him, but it really belongs to ALL of you, oh, and klaconqueso, I just went with kla, it's all I could remember....lol

Thank You ALL so very much,

Mark

---------------------------------------

Matt,

As I just made my payment for our drink packages for my wife and I, I sat back and thought how amazing it is that I "feel" like a seasoned cruiser, even though I only have my third one booked (first one since 2009).  

And the reason for that is YOU.  I started to learn about the do's and don'ts from your podcasts (I still say #71 is your best ever, at least it's the one I learned the most from).  Then came the message board on the blog and Periscope.  Thanks to you, I've made many connections (Rich Triplitt, Tim (Yorkvillain), CruisingKat, Kla, and the ever entertaining, Michael Poole -- oh, and let's not forget Billy scoping the ships leaving Lauderdale.  

You, and the rest of the crew, have taught me and given me the knowledge & confidence to be able to book my upcoming cruise and avoid any unnecessary surprises.  

This will be my wife's first cruise, and being able to avoid any headaches has been paramount.  I want her to fall in love with cruising the way we all have.  We're already looking to book another one while on board for Spring 2018 (of course, if a certain someone announces a group cruise during that time, that may help in the decision as to what cruise we choose)

Again, thank You, and thank you to all the others for making me feel like a member of the RCLblog family.   

Mark Greenwald (aka Coneyraven)
Lonaconing, Allegany Co, Maryland

p.s. I think I'm going to try my hand at Scoping while on Grandeur in September.  I'll try to be as entertaining as Tim (Yorkvillain) was and as informative as Rich was.  That is, unless the Mrs says otherwise... Lol, we'll see, I'll keep you posted.

Oh Matt, no need to thank me ..... perhaps thank your wife for letting you do what you do ...... and you do it well.

The knowledge I have gained is immeasurable ..... I've just been working on paying it forward on other threads, for example, in Cruise Critic, and, whenever possible, I recommend that they come here to the blog.

It's comical in my household, my wife doesn't want me to share anything with her, she wants to be surprised, so the scopes, blog, and podcast have been my outlet for my enthusiasm ....... although, I do know that she follows the blogs Facebook page, because she'll bring something up in conversation, and, of course, I'll pounce on the opportunity to talk about anything Royal Caribbean related....

Oh, and for the record, and this is a direct reflection of the people on this board, our first drinks will be Lava Flows and there will be Honey Stung Chicken delivered to the cabin sometime during the cruise --- And Tyna (my wife -- pronounced Tie-Na) is pumped about Izumi on the Go (which she learned about through the blogs Facebook page)..... Now, if only I could get her to pronounce the Windjammer as Wind Ja-Mair.

Again, thank you all....

Mark

Jerel,

I can not wait ..... living in Maryland does add a few challenges and limitations, fortunately, we have family in central Florida so that does open up a few opportunities when it comes to room & board before & after a cruise.  Maybe, we can get Matt to do a Group Cruise on Grandeur, you know, for research, since he's never been on a Vision Class ship.

WAAAYTOO

As you can see from my signature, Sovereign was my first with Navigator being my second.... and in all honesty, that's just fine by me.  All of our kids are grown and the fact that we're not getting the sensory overload that would happen on the larger ships, I feel Grandeur is the perfect ship for a first cruise.  It may seem small compared to the others..... but for a first time cruiser, it'll be plenty big to her.....

You know how I-95 looks coming into Baltimore..... as we crest the hill at Caton Ave and Washington Blvd, she'll be able to see the ship in the distance... what an intro. and first impression that'll make ..... I know I'll be driving so she'll probably get a crash course in scoping as we're arriving....

57 Days and Counting...

Mark

Jerel,

I can not wait ..... living in Maryland does add a few challenges and limitations, fortunately, we have family in central Florida so that does open up a few opportunities when it comes to room & board before & after a cruise.  Maybe, we can get Matt to do a Group Cruise on Grandeur, you know, for research, since he's never been on a Vision Class ship.

The Grandeur would be great, that would give me a chance to go to Camden yards befor the cruise.

Mark,

I'm confident that I speak for Matt and others when I say that this type of feedback makes us genuinly happy.  I have a passion for sharing information about cruises and making sure that people have the best possible vacation ever.  That spans the range of convincing someone to try a cruise for the first time, to sharing new discoveries with friends who have sailed 50+ times.  It's fun for me not because I get to talk to a wall, but because there are people on the other side, and they get to have a great time.  Knowing that this happens, and in your case, takes the addition leap of helping you to then share that experience with others (directly with your wife, and maybe through others via social media), is really awesome.  This, by the way, is a similar passion that great travel agents have, they just have better work ethic than I do, so thank them :-)

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback, I'm really looking forward to hearing all about your upcoming cruise.

Thanks,

BH

Maybe, we can get Matt to do a Group Cruise on Grandeur, you know, for research, since he's never been on a Vision Class ship.

There's an idea!

Oh, and for the record, and this is a direct reflection of the people on this board, our first drinks will be Lava Flows and there will be Honey Stung Chicken delivered to the cabin sometime during the cruise --- And Tyna (my wife -- pronounced Tie-Na) is pumped about Izumi on the Go (which she learned about through the blogs Facebook page)..... Now, if only I could get her to pronounce the Windjammer as Wind Ja-Mair.

That sounds like a great plan, Mark! And I think Tyna will get to the point of pronouncing the Windjammer by it's "real name". ;)

You folks are the best ....

I look forward to one of these days meeting you all, although, thanks to the scopes especially, I feel like I know you all already.

Billy, thank you so much for the kind words,.  trying to find just the right words to describe what I've received from all of you is difficult, I owe you all more than I could ever repay, so, I'll do the next best thing ..... pay it forward ...

The nice thing that I've found is, I'm not the only one to think this way ...... The RCLBlog Family is a pretty awesome bunch.

Royal Caribbean has always been a passion since the first cruise, Tyna just never understood, oh, but she will......

As Matt always says...

Book Early and Book Often

YOLO

Now to become an INSIDER ....

I just want to get to Platinum status ......baby steps here ..... everyone was gold once upon a time

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning,

I wanted to share with everyone an email that I sent to Matt last night ...... the more I thought about it, the more I felt this should be shared with everyone.... I owe all of you soooo much as my cruise is fast approaching ......

I mentioned a few people in the email to him, but it really belongs to ALL of you, oh, and klaconqueso, I just went with kla, it's all I could remember....lol

Thank You ALL so very much,

Mark

---------------------------------------

Matt,As I just made my payment for our drink packages for my wife and I, I sat back and thought how amazing it is that I "feel" like a seasoned cruiser, even though I only have my third one booked (first one since 2009). And the reason for that is YOU. I started to learn about the do's and don'ts from your podcasts (I still say #71 is your best ever, at least it's the one I learned the most from). Then came the message board on the blog and Periscope. Thanks to you, I've made many connections (Rich Triplitt, Tim (Yorkvillain), CruisingKat, Kla, and the ever entertaining, Michael Poole -- oh, and let's not forget Billy scoping the ships leaving Lauderdale. You, and the rest of the crew, have taught me and given me the knowledge & confidence to be able to book my upcoming cruise and avoid any unnecessary surprises. This will be my wife's first cruise, and being able to avoid any headaches has been paramount. I want her to fall in love with cruising the way we all have. We're already looking to book another one while on board for Spring 2018 (of course, if a certain someone announces a group cruise during that time, that may help in the decision as to what cruise we choose)Again, thank You, and thank you to all the others for making me feel like a member of the RCLblog family. Mark Greenwald (aka Coneyraven)Lonaconing, Allegany Co, Marylandp.s. I think I'm going to try my hand at Scoping while on Grandeur in September. I'll try to be as entertaining as Tim (Yorkvillain) was and as informative as Rich was. That is, unless the Mrs says otherwise... Lol, we'll see, I'll keep you posted.

I agree 100 %, this is a Wonderful Site!!! I think if there is anything you want to know about Royal Caribbean Ships, and what to expect when you are on them, this is the Best place to come. Matt does a wonderful Job, to try and cover all Basis, with his Posts here, podcasts, live Blog's, Periscope, Facebook live, and Facebook Blog Page.

We have the Most helpful, Friendly, members here as well. Many people, help make this the Great site that it is, with helping answer Questions, and making you feel like you are Family!!!

I think your Wife will Love Cruising, and you both will have the Time of your Lives!!!

You will do Great with Periscope!!! You will see that it is so much FUN to share your Cruising Experience with Others!!!

I look forward to your Scopes, and happy to have you here with our Wonderful, Royal Caribbean Blog Family!!!!!