Odyssey Crew Member Vlog Getting Ready For the Restart

7 minutes ago, columbus_cruiser said:

We went on Symphony before all of the pandemic happened in 2019 and I loved the redesign of the cabins. I am eagerly awaiting Odyssey. It'll be nice, I will have this five night before the family all cruises in December to get myself familiar with her, it'll be my first quantum/ultra class sailing.

After sailing Q class a bit I went on Symphony and immediately noticed the layout of cabins isn't as good on Oasis class.

Symphony has new decor for sure, but the basic layout including the bathroom is the same as her sisters. 

The bathroom layout on Q class is the best bathroom I've seen, non-suite of course.

3 hours ago, twangster said:

Maybe all you studio balcony folks will let me take some pictures to add to my cabin collection ? 

Sticking with my aft balcony since they are hard to come by on this class.

Feel free to take pics as well. Upon booking I searched online and found that Tony from La Lido Loca who I actively follow stayed in my exact room 6652 on Spectrum of the Seas. So pretty much the same room, different ship. 

7 minutes ago, johnt83 said:

Feel free to take pics as well. Upon booking I searched online and found that Tony from La Lido Loca who I actively follow stayed in my exact room on Spectrum of the Seas. So pretty much the same room, different ship. 

I expect the Odyssey cabin to be pretty much identical to that video.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Sure beats the studio interior cabins on Mariner waaaaay down on deck 2 forward. 

Think you can feel the breeze from the bow thrusters when they are used in that cabin. 

Wow that's crazy... I love breeze but not sure if I'd want the breeze to be coming from bow thrusters in an enclosed room lol...just shows how strong they are.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

In other news... it seems the Odyssey crew vlogs have stopped.  I suspect Royal may have become involved.

Quarantine ends May 5 so it's not like they are all busy doing their active jobs.  

Yeah I've noticed that as well...not even a video from the original YouTuber Mansur Ashkar in quite some time. I tagged him on an FB post since he is a public Odyssey group saying more videos! And he saw it and acknowledged but hasn't posted anything. I guess we'll see what happens in the coming days but you may be right.

10 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Are you "that guy" who would call to get that new price at $20 less?

If so, I commend you

200.gif

That's me!

Last week I had the same on four different cruises.  This latest price drop puts $100+ in my pocket over a two week period.  And that's before any cruise planner price drops.  

It's only one hundred dollars, but with a few more like this it'll pay for a DX on a short cruise.

On 5/8/2021 at 2:38 PM, twangster said:

Twenty five days until her first cruise in Haifa.  

Then I'm hoping we will really get some good pictures and video from actual guests.

Well not 25 but 27 (just added few days ago) ? already started to clean old pictures to have enough space to take lots of them.

But per local news , the crew did not got the vaccine yet ...

9 minutes ago, twangster said:

I have a list of questions, but it was too big to attach to a post ?

You can split them ? , few at a time , or send to the email the to do list ?.

For now , still no check in, no entertainment or activities in the cruise plan for both of the sail dates (the 4-June and the 18) I do hope the crew vaccination issue will be resolved soon.