Odyssey Crew Member Vlog Getting Ready For the Restart

Thanks for sharing @twangster didn't know about this until I came across this thread. Subscribed and looking forward to following more videos, and going through the ones he has already created ? Odyssey is a beautiful ship. We went on Ovation 2 years ago to Alaska and loved it so I know this ship is going to be spectacular with even more amenities onboard.

9 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Maybe @Matt should get in touch with some of the Odyssey YouTubers and get some content for a future blog post.  I'm sure they'd love to provide some content in exchange for a plug of their YouTube channel.

There was a crew member on @Matt's YouTube live stream yesterday.  He even contributed a few super chats.   

@twangsterThis is awesome, thanks for all the finds! I am subscribing to each and every one!

Keep them coming. I am tempted to book the 5-night inaugural sailing on 11/15 in a solo studio balcony room, what are the odds you think of it happening? My TA thinks sailings could begin from the US by end of summer so I am hoping that is the case! I sooo wanna go on this ship! I went on Ovation and it was epic and Odyssey looks even more epic from a Quantum-Ultra class ship.

11 minutes ago, johnt83 said:

@twangsterThis is awesome, thanks for all the finds! I am subscribing to each and every one!

Keep them coming. I am tempted to book the 5-night inaugural sailing on 11/15 in a solo studio balcony room, what are the odds you think of it happening? My TA thinks sailings could begin from the US by end of summer so I am hoping that is the case! I sooo wanna go on this ship! I went on Ovation and it was epic and Odyssey looks even more epic from a Quantum-Ultra class ship.

Odyssey has solo studio rooms? Now I am intrigued.

7 minutes ago, johnt83 said:

A 2F studio balcony popped open on the 11/15 sailing a few weeks ago but didn't last long.  I looked at it but for a few hundred more I decided to go for double points.  Absent of the double points promo the 2F is fine and some have really deep balconies.    An extra 10 points for a 2E obstructed balcony was worth a few hundred for me.

It's far enough away that asking your TA for a waitlist is a solid strategy.

It's also only 5 nights so consider an interior or virtual balcony with a waitlist to something better or just sail in an interior.  Same beautiful ship, same activities.  How long do you spend in your cabin?

Once ships restart or when Odyssey starts in Haifa it will sell out quickly so don't think too long or you'll be watching it on social media. 

Just keep in mind no double CAS points for studio cabins.

Normally a studio is 1x points.  A double occupancy cabin is 2x points when solo.

With the double points promo 1x becomes 2x, 2x becomes 4x for solo.

For example:

Five night cruise normally = 5 points in a studio cabin.

Five night cruise normally = 10 points for a solo in any cabin that isn't a studio cabin.

With the double points promo:

Five night cruise = 10 points in a studio cabin.

Five night cruise = 20 points for a solo in any cabin that isn't a studio cabin.

Same logic for suites,  Solo in a suite with double points promo is 6 x # of nights in points.

7 minutes ago, twangster said:

Normally a studio is 1x points.  A double occupancy cabin is 2x points when solo.

For example:

Five night cruise normally = 10 points for a solo in any cabin that isn't a studio cabin.

Five night cruise = 20 points for a solo in any cabin that isn't a studio cabin.

Same logic for suites,  Solo in a suite with double points promo is 6x points.

Yeah the 20 points would be better than 10. Gotta get that push to D+ complete. 

12 hours ago, johnt83 said:

2F Studio Balcony became available today.  Two of them actually, along with some aft 4D balconies.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

2F Studio Balcony became available today.  Two of them actually, along with some aft 4D balconies.

The studio cabin for me was less than half the price of a regular balcony; and, I went ahead and pulled the lever and reserved a room. Is there a Roll Call for the inaugural sailing?

8 minutes ago, columbus_cruiser said:

The studio cabin for me was less than half the price of a regular balcony; and, I went ahead and pulled the lever and reserved a room. Is there a Roll Call for the inaugural sailing?

The message boards here don't really do roll calls.  It isn't something @Matt has traditionally held a section for although the Adventure restart cruises are an exception.   

I'm not a big roll call fan as I don't like telling the world what my travel plans are.

19 hours ago, twangster said:

A 2F studio balcony popped open on the 11/15 sailing a few weeks ago but didn't last long.  I looked at it but for a few hundred more I decided to go for double points.  Absent of the double points promo the 2F is fine and some have really deep balconies.    An extra 10 points for a 2E obstructed balcony was worth a few hundred for me.

It's far enough away that asking your TA for a waitlist is a solid strategy.

It's also only 5 nights so consider an interior or virtual balcony with a waitlist to something better or just sail in an interior.  Same beautiful ship, same activities.  How long do you spend in your cabin?

Once ships restart or when Odyssey starts in Haifa it will sell out quickly so don't think too long or you'll be watching it on social media. 

I booked one last night! 2F Super Studio Oceanview Balcony is what they are calling it. There were 2 left so I had to grab one. I was debating between 7252 and 6652, both behind the hump, port and starboard side, respectively. If I had known about less obstruction I would've booked the 7252 but I am in 6652 for the 5-night Inaugural sailing! The 7252 is now gone as well. Without the insurance it was only $1190 which is a really good deal and I wanted a balcony not an Inside or Oceanview so had to go with the Studio balcony. A regular balcony with double occupancy for a solo cruiser like myself on this one was I think double the price. Can't wait! @twangsterIt sounds like you're on the 11/15 sailing as well?

19 hours ago, twangster said:

For example:

Same logic for suites,  Solo in a suite with double points promo is 6 x # of nights in points.

So am I understanding this correctly? For my 5-night solo studio balcony cabin, I will get 10 points? I wanted a balcony no questions so spending double $ to get 10 more points wasn't worth it for me. I need fresh air haha.

6 hours ago, columbus_cruiser said:

Awesome! Did you grab 7252? I grabbed 6652 last night, looking forward to this cruise! I am on a rollcall on FB if you're interested, but it's called November 11th sailing since that was the original sail date before RCL reduced it from 9 nights to 5 nights: https://www.facebook.com/groups/277090759997068

I haven't looked for one on CruiseCritic yet or here on the RCL Boards. 

1 hour ago, johnt83 said:

So am I understanding this correctly? For my 5-night solo studio balcony cabin, I will get 10 points? I wanted a balcony no questions so spending double $ to get 10 more points wasn't worth it for me. I need fresh air haha.

Yes, 10 points thanks to the double points promo.  

1 hour ago, johnt83 said:

Awesome! Did you grab 7252? I grabbed 6652 last night, looking forward to this cruise! I am on a rollcall on FB if you're interested, but it's called November 11th sailing since that was the original sail date before RCL reduced it from 9 nights to 5 nights: https://www.facebook.com/groups/277090759997068

I haven't looked for one on CruiseCritic yet or here on the RCL Boards. 

We are across the hall neighbors - 6250.

17 minutes ago, twangster said:

Maybe all you studio balcony folks will let me take some pictures to add to my cabin collection ? 

Sticking with my aft balcony since they are hard to come by on this class.

Feel free. I went online immediately after booking to look for youtube videos. If Odyssey keeps the same layout, I can do without a couch and have a larger balcony. 

11 minutes ago, columbus_cruiser said:

Feel free. I went online immediately after booking to look for youtube videos. If Odyssey keeps the same layout, I can do without a couch and have a larger balcony. 

I expect them to be very similar.  From the crew videos it looks like carpet is different but other than that the cabins look identical.

Cabins on this class are my favorite in the fleet.  

11 minutes ago, twangster said:

I expect them to be very similar.  From the crew videos it looks like carpet is different but other than that the cabins look identical.

Cabins on this class are my favorite in the fleet.  

We went on Symphony before all of the pandemic happened in 2019 and I loved the redesign of the cabins. I am eagerly awaiting Odyssey. It'll be nice, I will have this five night before the family all cruises in December to get myself familiar with her, it'll be my first quantum/ultra class sailing.