Planning a day in St. Maarten

Familyof4

Hi,

Leo Brown is now booked (thanks Matt) and we'd like to do some shopping, sightseeing on both sides, Mullet Beach and a brief stop at Maho. Looking for some advice on the best order to do this in. We'd like to be back on the ship at 3:00. Also, it's our first time there so is there any "must dos"? Thank you

Save shopping for the end.  The shops in Phillipsburg are closest to the ship.  

I'd go Mullet Beach first, sight seeing, Maho and shopping in that order.  It sounds like you are leaning on the Dutch side more than French side.  That's why I recommend getting to beach early and doing that, then taking a break when beach crowds get busiest to explore and sightsee and wrap it up with Maho stop and shopping.

I'm not sure the order matters as much but depends on personal taste. Remember this is not a very big island( 33 sq miles). Depending on the current condition of the beach there at Maho, you could do make that the beach break while you watch the planes swoop down. Me personally, I would do Maho in the afternoon. That would be so I could enjoy an adult beverage there on the beach.

Eric

• 3 months later...

How much was Leo Brown for a family of four if you don't mind? Is the cab big enough for 4 adults to be comfortable. Been reading great things about him. Thanks

He uses a Toyota mini van the last time I used him, so you'll have plenty of room. You'll also need to negotiate prices based on what you want to do, so I can't give you any exact dollar figure. However, I would estimate $50-75 per person, but this was a couple of years ago.

He uses a Toyota mini van the last time I used him, so you'll have plenty of room. You'll also need to negotiate prices based on what you want to do, so I can't give you any exact dollar figure. However, I would estimate $50-75 per person, but this was a couple of years ago.

Thanks so much.  It helps.  New to this site so still figuring it all out

We went with Leo to Marigot first and did a little shopping, a lot of eating and some walking around...beaches around there aren't really available. We went to Maho after and left just as the big planes were landing more frequently. We hit Divi Resort for some beach time near Philipsburg. We didn't spend any time in Philipsburg.

Next time, we will hit Orient Beach, then Philipsburg. Maho is great, but hanging onto the fence with teenagers is fun, but once was enough for me.

• 2 weeks later...