Woof, onboard purchase prices just skyrocketed :(

7 minutes ago, HtownHolly said:

That's a relief, hah! Yeah, I have to wait until the credit is available anyhow (hopefully tomorrow). At least I have some kind of a baseline now.

Take a screenshot or write down the prices of anything of interest.  Even after the next sale and you make purchases, keep checking, you never know if the prices will drop again.  

So this thread motivated me to check my cruises again.

Today I saved $28 on a Beach Bungalow that was more money last week.

Also noted a handful of excursions that had gone up during the sale have come back down to former prices.  For these items last week's sale was an anti-sale.   

Anyways, happy to save $28 tonight.  It never hurts to look often.

Prices will fluctuate each week. This week the prices are high, next week they will drop. Lately they have not dropped as low as they were at the beginning of the year which considering cost of living and COVID is to be expected. Actually had a price drop on a shore excursion today after the sale ended which I then cancelled and rebooked. The price during the "sale" was higher. To mimic the others, keep track of what you want and don't stop looking. With the future Cruise Planner Credit you can cancel and rebook almost instantly.

I also check prices all the time. I checked the after sale prices and my drink package didn’t change ($58). Ultimate Dining and CocoCay beach club both went up, significantly. 

Next week may bring the 45% off sale and I’ll be curious how those prices compare to the recent 35% off from last week. Royal math keeps me on my toes! 

12 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:
13 hours ago, HtownHolly said:

I'm keeping a spreadsheet, lol. Nerding out.

That's pretty normal amongst this crowd. ?

I use sidewalk chalk to keep notes on my driveway. 
Two drawbacks to this method-

neighbors look at me funny

sometimes it rains

• 2 months later...
On 4/21/2021 at 9:28 PM, CrznTxn said:

With the future Cruise Planner Credit you can cancel and rebook almost instantly.

How would I go about getting this vs having a cancelled excursion sent back to my card?

The terms and conditions state: "Cancellations will be refunded in the original form of payment; onboard credits will be applied to your account, and credit card, debit card, or other form of cash equivalent payments will be credited back to the original form of payment within 30 days."

1 hour ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

How would I go about getting this vs having a cancelled excursion sent back to my card?

The terms and conditions state: "Cancellations will be refunded in the original form of payment; onboard credits will be applied to your account, and credit card, debit card, or other form of cash equivalent payments will be credited back to the original form of payment within 30 days."

I think you are misreading those terms.  They are providing examples of refunding to the original form of payment.  If you used OBC, it gets returned as OBC.  If you used a card, it gets returned to the card but may take up to 30 days to show up (and the timing is only partially in Royal's control).  Either way, it's still possible to cancel and immediately rebook to take advantage of better sale prices.

On 6/25/2021 at 9:59 AM, Atlantix2000 said:

I think you are misreading those terms.  They are providing examples of refunding to the original form of payment.  If you used OBC, it gets returned as OBC.  If you used a card, it gets returned to the card but may take up to 30 days to show up (and the timing is only partially in Royal's control).  Either way, it's still possible to cancel and immediately rebook to take advantage of better sale prices.

So I am watching the bungalows at labadee to see if we can grab them again closer to our original cost. I booked them at the currently higher cost to be sure we get one but in case the price drops, I want to grab it right away.

BUT I paid with OBC and credit card and I'm worried about the OBC not immediately adding back to my cruise planner. When the excursion was cancelled by Royal Caribbean, due to the ship switch, it took about a week for the OBC refund to show up.

I'm worried that will happen again if I try to rebook for a price drop and I'll be forced to use out of pocket money cuz the OBC won't be available...

1 hour ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

BUT I paid with OBC and credit card and I'm worried about the OBC not immediately adding back to my cruise planner. When the excursion was cancelled by Royal Caribbean, due to the ship switch, it took about a week for the OBC refund to show up.

I'm worried that will happen again if I try to rebook for a price drop and I'll be forced to use out of pocket money cuz the OBC won't be available...

Ah, I understand your concern.  However, I've always heard OBC gets returned immediately when you cancel a cruise planner purchase.  I don't think you can't really compare your delayed refund because there's no way to know when Royal actually submitted the cancellation and refund.  Much of their processing was being done manually because prior to the pandemic these types of changes were so unusual that the lack of automation wasn't a big deal.  That's just my opinion though.  Hope everything works out for you!

OBC will return immediately if you initiate the Cruise Planner cancelation.

Royal initiating the cancelation is a different process where they likely don't actually process the refund until a bit after they cancel an excursion.

The only caveat when trying to nab a price drop on a cabana is if you cancel yours and it gets sold before you can purchase the new one, you may lose out completely.  I always caution to purchase a 2nd cabana at the cheaper price under another party in your cabin before canceling and releasing the one you already have.  This won't work for you if you are looking to use the OBC that will be refunded. 

8 hours ago, Atlantix2000 said:

Ah, I understand your concern.  However, I've always heard OBC gets returned immediately when you cancel a cruise planner purchase.  I don't think you can't really compare your delayed refund because there's no way to know when Royal actually submitted the cancellation and refund.  Much of their processing was being done manually because prior to the pandemic these types of changes were so unusual that the lack of automation wasn't a big deal.  That's just my opinion though.  Hope everything works out for you!

12 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

OBC will return immediately if you initiate the Cruise Planner cancelation.

Royal initiating the cancelation is a different process where they likely don't actually process the refund until a bit after they cancel an excursion.

The only caveat when trying to nab a price drop on a cabana is if you cancel yours and it gets sold before you can purchase the new one, you may lose out completely.  I always caution to purchase a 2nd cabana at the cheaper price under another party in your cabin before canceling and releasing the one you already have.  This won't work for you if you are looking to use the OBC that will be refunded. 

Ahhh that makes some sense! Thanks to you both!

7 hours ago, Carotthat said:

I've been seeing a 30% discount for the bev packages since two weeks - going to Jewel on 7th aug...

Now, it changed to 20 and 10% discount.

From your experience, is it gonna lower again for a cruise in 5 weeks time?

Caro

Those were the % discounts, but what were the prices?  That's the only thing that matters.  Today it might say 30% off on board prices = $50 per person per day.  Tomorrow it might say 25% off on board prices = $45 per person per day.  That would be a better deal even though the percentage is lower!  The "on board price" can and will change constantly until you are actually on board.  This allows them to advertise all kinds of sales.

The last "sale" finished yesterday and the special deals on the cruise fare changed, but on the items at which we were looking the prices did not change (stayed at the low price). Could be because they were on 6+ months out sailings. No on-board purchase pricing on our cruise in August changed.

I, like the rest of you guys, was SO surprised to see the sale pop up today! And even better - my ports actually had sales on the excursions! yay surprise sales!!

On 6/27/2021 at 7:11 AM, CrimsonCruiser said:

Ahhh that makes some sense! Thanks to you both!

Woot! Rebooking at new sale price successful!

I was nervous about mucking it up by doing it myself online so I called Royal and it was a BREEZE! Saved $40 from the regular price. Still not the $100+ we snagged last time before the ship change, but I'll take it!

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Still nothing great with this sale's prices at least for my booked cruises!  When I booked my November Oasis cruise back in April I was able to grab very nice prices for the refreshment package and the deluxe drink pkg at that time.  Not once since then has any sale had those same prices...always more!   No great pricing for my April Freedom OTS cruise either!  Hope at least some cruisers are getting decent savings!