Odyssey Differences from Other Quantum Class

I didn't see a place to discuss the differences as we learn more about Odyssey so I thought I'd start this thread.

First up is an area I've been watching but haven't seen any confirmation until I noticed the latest deck plans.

The Social 180 Patio for teens was first introduced in these photos several months back.

568755125_TeenSocial180-1.jpg.b234dcdc8cf02b493567d86a94973a6b.jpg

As I looked at these pictures I thought to myself that looks like the Suite Sun Deck from other Quantum class ships. Then a new rendering was recently revealed.

2002976543_TeenSocial180-2.jpg.4ec97649807c9c17c1d117d0b2a0a8a6.jpg

The latest deck plans along with the renderings seem to confirm the Suite Sun Deck has been replaced by the Teen Social 180 patio.

1535268736_OYDeck16Social180.thumb.jpg.a2000f80cb8f2f559a48a11ab6092b68.jpg

907883761_OYTeenSocial180-3.thumb.jpg.328f2987072e220ea525b5e10de87e83.jpg

What's unknown is where, or if, Odyssey will have a Suite Sun Deck. 

I'll miss this area since it is an area where I've taken a lot of photos from while cruising in Alaska, Hawaii and New Zealand.

21 minutes ago, Vacation Crazy said:

Another difference from her sister ships are aft ocean view balcony rooms.  There are 4 aft OVB rooms on Deck 10, 11 and 12.  We were lucky enough to snag one for our Thanksgiving, 2022 sailing.   This will be our first aft room so we are very excited!

Indeed there are a number of 3D, 4D, 4C and a 5D balconies on the aft.  No other Quantum class feature these.  Some, like the 3D can accommodate up to 4 guests.

Great snag!

35 minutes ago, twangster said:

Indeed there are a number of 3D, 4D, 4C and a 5D balconies on the aft.  No other Quantum class feature these.  Some, like the 3D can accommodate up to 4 guests.

Great snag!

The aft rooms on the deck plan appear larger than regular OVB rooms.  The agent I spoke with said they are the same square footage.  When Odyssey starts sailing I'll be hunting for some videos/pics or feedback of the rooms. 

40 minutes ago, Vacation Crazy said:

The aft rooms on the deck plan appear larger than regular OVB rooms.  The agent I spoke with said they are the same square footage.  When Odyssey starts sailing I'll be hunting for some videos/pics or feedback of the rooms. 

They’re classified as “Spacious” Ocean View rooms, I think.  Still on the fence about upgrading to those rooms from an interior cabin.

2 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

They’re classified as “Spacious” Ocean View rooms, I think.  Still on the fence about upgrading to those rooms from an interior cabin.

We are in a 3D category(11326) which is a regular ocean view room.  It is listed as 198 sq ft. but the room and balcony definitely appear larger on the deck plan.   We just upgraded from an obstructed OVB room.  It was $400 more but glad we did.  There is nothing like the wake view!

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Playmakers in the SeaPlex is another big change.

So great to have an indoor bar with great views to the sea and beyond.

seaplex-odyssey-2.jpg

Hmmm, seems to me that it will be noisy for the folks in Playmakers trying to watch a sporting event with the bumper cars below. Perhaps they don't run the bumper cars when folks are watchin sporting events, but that would take some coordination. With the IT problems Royal has with their website that probably won't happen. ?

7 hours ago, rjac said:

Hmmm, seems to me that it will be noisy for the folks in Playmakers trying to watch a sporting event with the bumper cars below. Perhaps they don't run the bumper cars when folks are watchin sporting events, but that would take some coordination. With the IT problems Royal has with their website that probably won't happen. ?

They can hand out the headsets that they use for the "Silent Disco"

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, MLH said:

Thank you for sharing.  Kind of a bummer it doesn't have ocean views and doesn't look to be to quiet like the others or much shade.  

It has more shade compared to the suite sun deck on other Quantum class ships.  The structural piece that runs under the North Star arm will provide shade.

Some ships like Oasis class can be too quiet on the suite sun deck.  Sometimes it's nice being closer to some of the action so that is a personal preference.

• 5 months later...
On 4/20/2021 at 1:43 PM, Vacation Crazy said:

We are in a 3D category(11326) which is a regular ocean view room.  It is listed as 198 sq ft. but the room and balcony definitely appear larger on the deck plan.   We just upgraded from an obstructed OVB room.  It was $400 more but glad we did.  There is nothing like the wake view!

I am interested in any feedback on 11326 or 11328 - they appear a little longer (not sure how great a benefit that will be). Balcony about the same. Views of wake a plus, but cannot look straight down to the water. Longer walk to some locations on the ship. Yet people love aft balconies - thoughts?