Does the Evian Bottled Water package still exist?

adwo41

Same, Oasis of the Seas in September shows Dasani too.

Personally, seeing as it's filtered tap water, I wouldn't waste money on it. You'll get the same quality water (or better) from the Cafe, Windjammer, etc, just bring a refillable bottle. Just like at home, I buy spring water, if I wanted filtered water I'd do that myself :). 

If you're a spring water snob, then you are allowed to bring on 12 bottles of non-alcoholic beverages, but you'll need to lug them around day one until your room is ready.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy

RC was actively reducing the amount of plastic bottles used across the fleet before the shutdown, which may explain the absence of Evian. While Evian has pledged to used 100% recycled plastic, it does not conform with the cruise line trying to eliminate the use of one time use plastics.

Our last sailing in January of '20 had canned Dasani water instead of any plastic bottled brands.

Besides, let's face it, we all know that buying/stocking another Coca-Cola product will cost RC considerably less than a premium priced brand like Evian.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, emmef said:

All true, however Dasani is absolutely terrible filtered water, imho.

bleh

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Have to agree.  In so long as the bottled water craze has been around Dasani has always tasted terrible to me.  How do you mess up water?  What nasty river are they using?  SMH.

So glad I'm not the only one. I'm not really picky, but Dasani is the one bottled water I really can't handle. Hoping the tap water is as good as they say so that I am able to easily stay hydrated while on board.

1 hour ago, cruisellama said:

Might be mistaken, didn't the Evian come delivered in glass bottles and Dasani is delivered in plastic?   Definitely preferred the Evian and would purchase the case on-board.

The new Dasani is in metal cans.  The Dasani and Evian used to be in plastic (at least last I remember in 2019).

5 hours ago, cruisellama said:

Might be mistaken, didn't the Evian come delivered in glass bottles and Dasani is delivered in plastic?   Definitely preferred the Evian and would purchase the case on-board.

Jumping cruise brands...

On Celebrity Edge want to say Evian was only available in glass bottles. Bottled Water (from Open Water) was in resealable aluminum bottles.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2021 at 8:26 AM, cruisellama said:

When we got Evian it was always in plastic bottles. We never really cared for it and it would go to waste. Same think would likely happen with Dasani so I guess we might go without now. I’ll just miss having something readily accessible in the room. 

• 4 weeks later...

I’m planning for my first cruise in December. I drink about 48 oz of water each morning to take all my pills. And my husband likes to have two bottles by his bed each night. Will we be able to get 5 or 6 bottles to take back to our room each night (assuming we have the drink package), or is it best to bring your own refillable water bottles to fill up on our way to our rooms each night? TIA! 

5 hours ago, Tami said:

I’m planning for my first cruise in December. I drink about 48 oz of water each morning to take all my pills. And my husband likes to have two bottles by his bed each night. Will we be able to get 5 or 6 bottles to take back to our room each night (assuming we have the drink package), or is it best to bring your own refillable water bottles to fill up on our way to our rooms each night? TIA! 

Welcome to the forums!

Not sure you can get 5 at once, I believe what most people do is collect them during the day. "1 Johnny Walker & 1 Water Please" for example. Having refillable water bottle(s) wouldn't be a bad backup plan. I find the water provided in Cafe, Windjammer, etc perfectly fine.

Enjoy your first cruise! 

19 minutes ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

Welcome to the forums!

Not sure you can get 5 at once, I believe what most people do is collect them during the day. "1 Johnny Walker & 1 Water Please" for example. Having refillable water bottle(s) wouldn't be a bad backup plan. I find the water provided in Cafe, Windjammer, etc perfectly fine.

Enjoy your first cruise! 

With the package, you can pick up 2 at a time (each) from a bar by showing your card. You could easily go to the next bar and repeat. They can be stored in the room cooler.

If you don't have the package,  the ships water is really good. You can fill up your drink cups and ask your room attendant to keep the ice bucket full.

2 hours ago, wordell1 said:

With the package, you can pick up 2 at a time (each) from a bar by showing your card. You could easily go to the next bar and repeat. 

Wasn't sure if it was 1 at a time or more. So, if I have two drink packages could I in theory snag 4 at once? That would easily solve @Tami's issue without making a project out of it.

37 minutes ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

Wasn't sure if it was 1 at a time or more. So, if I have two drink packages could I in theory snag 4 at once? That would easily solve @Tami's issue without making a project out of it.

Yes, my wife and I have done it several times today! I drink one before bed and usually one in the middle of the night. Prevents hangovers.

• 2 months later...

We recently ordered the Dasani package of 16 oz cans for 2 upcoming Independence cruises from Galveston.  However today we noticed that only the Evian 1 liter cases are available and there are no Dasani options now.  I also checked upcoming cruises on Liberty (Galveston), Symphony (Miami), and Grandeur (Barbados) and only the Evian package is offered. 

EDIT: Just received this email confirming the change back to Evian...

Dasani.thumb.jpg.7d47ae6a6edc75c9e06360382749356e.jpg

Edited by Galveston Steve
Added email screenshot.

On 8/20/2021 at 5:49 PM, Galveston Steve said:

We recently ordered the Dasani package of 16 oz cans for 2 upcoming Independence cruises from Galveston.  However today we noticed that only the Evian 1 liter cases are available and there are no Dasani options now.  I also checked upcoming cruises on Liberty (Galveston), Symphony (Miami), and Grandeur (Barbados) and only the Evian package is offered. 

EDIT: Just received this email confirming the change back to Evian...

Dasani.thumb.jpg.7d47ae6a6edc75c9e06360382749356e.jpg

I just got one of those too..

4 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

I'm thinking of getting a water bottle filter from Brita, PUR, Zero Water or other similar brands, just for an additional layer of protection (or is that just my OCD thinking?)

Do whatever you are comfortable doing.  

The water on board is reverse osmosis and almost certainly better than the water I get from my city source where I live.  At home my water has a distinct taste that I'm not fond of so I installed an RO system at home.    

21 minutes ago, twangster said:

At home my water has a distinct taste that I'm not fond of so I installed an RO system at home.    

Ours too.  We are putting in a full home water treatment system and a RO system for the kitchen.  I have heard that Florida has the second worst water in the US.  I believe it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

We are currently on the Rhapsody OTS out of Haifa and are missing the Evian. It has been replaced with cans of water which has a slightly odd taste (in my opinion) and once opened can't be closed - plus you need a lot more cans. As you are told not to fill your bottles up from the water in the Windjammer (sign tells you not to) you are left somewhat dehydrated at night and on offshore excursions and making multiple top-up trips to the windjammer when on-board. 

I would suggest that if this is the new norm that water and ice stations are scattered around the ship and a small charged levied for their use.