Adventure curiosity

Neesa

For everyone sailing 12 June 2021 besides pure joy, what are your expectations? Is this sailing at capacity? Are excursions only through the cruiseline at this time? Curious minds want to know! Super excited for you on this kick off cruise, I am hoping Royal puts some credits in your on board account for believing in them, please enjoy your journey. Seriously what capacity will they be sailing? Cococay just your ship? Oh, that beautiful island....

51 minutes ago, Neesa said:

For everyone sailing 12 June 2021 besides pure joy, what are your expectations? Is this sailing at capacity? Are excursions only through the cruiseline at this time? Curious minds want to know! Super excited for you on this kick off cruise, I am hoping Royal puts some credits in your on board account for believing in them, please enjoy your journey. Seriously what capacity will they be sailing? Cococay just your ship? Oh, that beautiful island....

To be honest, we don't know yet on any of your questions.  I am assuming the worst (full masks at all times, RC excursions only) but hoping things are a little looser with fully vaccinated adults.  I'm OK with being a guinea pig and will have a good time with whatever happens.

I'm on June 19th.

Buried in the Terms and Conditions it talked briefly about only RCL excursions allowed, so i am expecting that (and with two of the four stops being CocoCay not really upset about it).

Noticeably absent is any discussion of mask/distancing rules, my belief is that they want to make those as liberal as possible but are waiting as late as possible to announce/discuss in the hopes that the public is more comfortable with said rules by then.

@Matt and the wonderful adventurers here. Is there such thing as a rapid pcr test? If you fly in on air to sea charter flight for example on Saturday, (ship sails Saturday, yikes goes against the grain) when do you get swabbed? Is day 0 swab day and then 5 days or Tuesday being day 5 and count to Saturday from there. Negative results by Thursday Bahamas health form upload and then that says 48 hours, as things stand now does that cause any angst? Im tense just thinking about it. With everyone supporting these sailings and our host the Bahamas I would implore they make this process a bit more user friendly, no? Thoughts? 

24 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

There is a rapid PCR test (30 minutes to process vs. 6 hours), but it may not be the one the Bahamas accepts.

This is my biggest question at the moment. I know my ex was planning a Bahamas trip a couple months back and was told they did NOT accept the rapid version but the website doesn't seem to speak to that.

If they accept the rapid test, no big deal I can get one from a dozen places within 20 minutes of my house with a couple of hours notice ... if they want the "regular" version with the wait for results to be sent then its a bigger deal. 

Either way I'm not "worried" but hoping the rapid is acceptable since its easier.

I just tried checking in for my July 3rd cruise on the Adventure and was denied told that the check in options are closed right now.  I called and was given the normal COVID BS and wasn't told when it will reopen or if it will reopen.  Getting nervous now.  Any one else heard anything different?  I don't see anything with Nassau stating any issues currently.  If it is canceled this would be the 3rd cruise canceled on me during this time period.

14 minutes ago, idiaz said:

I just tried checking in for my July 3rd cruise on the Adventure and was denied told that the check in options are closed right now.  I called and was given the normal COVID BS and wasn't told when it will reopen or if it will reopen.  Getting nervous now.  Any one else heard anything different?  I don't see anything with Nassau stating any issues currently.  If it is canceled this would be the 3rd cruise canceled on me during this time period.

Welcome to the message boards.

I don't think there is anything to be nervous about, they simply want to wait until the cruise is closer.  The situation is changing weekly.  More vaccinations will continue to improve the outlook.  By waiting they can implement the minimal and best requirements based on the situation as it exists closer to the sail date. 

Royal has said we should get an update on the rules and changes about 30 days before sailing.

13 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

My expectations of those on the 12 June cruise are to iron out the kinks for my 24 July cruise

You're not wrong. I'm super excited to go on this first sailing, but gonna need to pack some XL patience (and I hope others do as well).

11 hours ago, Neesa said:

@Matt and the wonderful adventurers here. Is there such thing as a rapid pcr test? If you fly in on air to sea charter flight for example on Saturday, (ship sails Saturday, yikes goes against the grain) when do you get swabbed? Is day 0 swab day and then 5 days or Tuesday being day 5 and count to Saturday from there. Negative results by Thursday Bahamas health form upload and then that says 48 hours, as things stand now does that cause any angst? Im tense just thinking about it. With everyone supporting these sailings and our host the Bahamas I would implore they make this process a bit more user friendly, no? Thoughts? 

I have found a few places in Austin that offer a 24hr results.  I believe they do their own lab work.

Swab day is day zero and you can still enter on day 5 so you could test on Monday and enter on Saturday.

20 hours ago, idiaz said:

We’re also sailing July 3 and checkin has given us the same variety of messages and errors since we booked. As others have said, Royal is waiting as long as they can to fully lay out all the rules. You agree to most of these at checkin so it’s in their best interest (and ours) to wait. I’ll also feel a lot better once we can check in but don’t worry, it’s not a sign that it’s canceled.