Cabins on The Navigator?

HI-

We are looking to book a cruise on the Navigator this December. I know the ship was refurbished in 2019, however all the reviews I read still say this ship is old and outdated. I know the pool deck was upgraded, however what about the cabins? Any help would be really appreciated.

If this should be posted someplace else, or it is already covered someplace else, please point me in the right direction.

thanks!

Stephanie

Somethings were refreshed like carpet and upholstery covers.  They did not gut the cabins or replace desks, cabiners, wardrobes, bathrooms, etc.

Take a look at the pictures in this thread and judge for yourself.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/11143-navigator-mar-1-2019-9-nights-southern-caribbean/

Keep in mind some new cabins have been added to Navigator.  Just prior to the amp some cabins were added then during the amp more new cabins were added.  They are like staying in a brand new cabin.  If it really concerns you look for some of the newer cabins.  

Personally I don't have an issue with any cabin on this ship but to each their own. 

4 hours ago, twangster said:

Keep in mind some new cabins have been added to Navigator.  Just prior to the amp some cabins were added then during the amp more new cabins were added.  They are like staying in a brand new cabin.  If it really concerns you look for some of the newer cabins.  

Thanks for this information! I am wondering if you now how I would identify them?

7 hours ago, SDHappy Girl said:

Thanks for this information! I am wondering if you now how I would identify them?

The easy ones are deck 11 and 12 forward.  When the ship was first built there were no cabins on deck 11 or 12.  

The cabins on deck 12 forward were added before the amp.

The cabins on deck 11 forward of the solarium were added during the amp.  

On decks 8 & 9 between the aft staircases are some new interior cabins added during the amp.  There are few others here and there on their own.

Personally I like deck 11 and 12 because it's very easy to the upper decks and an easy walk over to the Windjammer and the Crown area.

19 hours ago, SDHappy Girl said:

all the reviews I read still say this ship is old and outdated

Oh my gosh, this is a good reminder about how untrustworthy online reviews are!

Not shooting the messenger @SDHappy Girl, just wanted to use this as a good learning opportunity

Why you can't trust online reviews of cruise ships

3 hours ago, twangster said:

The easy ones are deck 11 and 12 forward.  When the ship was first built there were no cabins on deck 11 or 12.  

The cabins on deck 12 forward were added before the amp.

The cabins on deck 11 forward of the solarium were added during the amp.  

On decks 8 & 9 between the aft staircases are some new interior cabins added during the amp.  There are few others here and there on their own.

Personally I like deck 11 and 12 because it's very easy to the upper decks and an easy walk over to the Windjammer and the Crown area.

Good info as always @twangster! If you're looking for "newer" cabins on an older ship, there you go.

Happy Cruising!

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

Oh my gosh, this is a good reminder about how untrustworthy online reviews are!

YES! THIS! When it comes to online reviews of ANYTHING, I often find that that people with a negative experience seem more likely to post reviews than those that simply enjoyed their experience.

Person 1: "I hated this and everyone in the world needs to hear about it!"

Person 2: "Man, I had a really good time and I can't wait to tell my family and friends about it."

7 minutes ago, SPS said:

YES! THIS! When it comes to online reviews of ANYTHING, I often find that that people with a negative experience seem more likely to post reviews than those that simply enjoyed their experience.

Person 1: "I hated this and everyone in the world needs to hear about it!"

Person 2: "Man, I had a really good time and I can't wait to tell my family and friends about it."

You are correct. Studies have shown that if you have a good experience with something, you tell a couple of people. If you have a bad experience, you tell ten.

Matt is correct - online reviews are usually pretty worthless.  People either seem to have an axe to grind and vent on their keyboards instead of calmly discussing any issues with fellow humans in a reasonable way, or....the other stuff we see online is clearly a paid promo piece of glowing PR.  i stayed on navigator in Feb of 2020 in a balcony with new carpet a few new other pieces (artwork, bed cover, couch, TV, etc) and yes, the cabins were not as brand flashy new as the cabins on Symphony which I cruised a year earlier, but were still fine and we had a great cruise.  I was really impressed with Navigator after being on several other Voyager class ships that had not been Amped. 

Feels like ship cabins are something that gets talked about too much....99% of cabins are designed to be small, efficient little places where most people are not going to spend most of their time.  It's a place to hang up your clothes, shower and sleep right?  Can't compare them to an upscale hotel or condo where space is not at a premium in nearly the same way as a ship and it's much easier to put on a new coat of paint every year.