CDC Rules For Crew

4 hours ago, Shari said:

Actually the rules are worse than those in prisons.  For crew that work in areas without windows to be confined to their windowless cabin when not working is worse than being in a prison. 

Crew members working and sleeping in windowless areas and cabins is a condition that has existed decades before COVID.

4 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

Crew members working and sleeping in windowless areas and cabins is a condition that has existed decades before COVID.

Being confined to them when not working has not existed and should not exist as long as crew members are vaccinated and there is no outbreak on the ship.

15 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

Being confined to them when not working has not existed and should not exist as long as crew members are vaccinated and there is no outbreak on the ship.

Oh yes, that part hasn't been done before except for sick crew members who are "confined to quarters"

Very similar to amphibious assault ship enlisted quarters.  Couple childhood friends of mine got to sleep in those floating around the Persian Gulf in 1990

Edit:  That may be from the Midway....it's as close to the pictures they have that I could find online.

4 hours ago, JeffB said:

uhhhhh, I know where that picture came from. I highly doubt that is a picture of current cruise ship crew quarters.  Maybe the SS France. The web page where this picture is on display is here: https://bestlifeonline.com/cruise-ship-facts/

More modern cruise ship's crew quarters look like this:

cabin.thumb.jpg.7cea87e2ec9c5169ae12402cbaa0dd77.jpg

@CHRIS WONG himself posted a good video tour of his crew cabin on Oasis.

4 hours ago, teddy said:

Edit:  That may be from the Midway....it's as close to the pictures they have that I could find online.

I flew EA6Bs from the deck of the Midway on the regular from October of 1978 to sometime in 1998. Our quarters were a bit better than those you posed but not by much. We (2 of us 03s) were forward and the cat track ran right next to my bunk.  

5 hours ago, teddy said:

Did someone say close shipboard quarters?  

disclaimer: I didn’t stay in quarters like this, but good friends did

D2A99CE4-A422-47E1-8F03-AC47E0FE1721.png

I spent 10 years cruising with the grey funnel line (Aka Royal Navy) in accomodations similar to this.  However, that was my choice.  In this case a two man cabin is going to be somewhat differen than sharing with 20 others

On 4/19/2021 at 12:44 PM, teddy said:

Very similar to amphibious assault ship enlisted quarters.  Couple childhood friends of mine got to sleep in those floating around the Persian Gulf in 1990

Looks a lot like the bunkrooms that my son stayed on while aboard the USS Lexington Aircraft carrier for an overnight visit.