Change in Itinerary direction

Hey Everyone,

We are sailing with Royal  and it seems they have reversed our itinerary.  Originally it was starting in Cozumel but now we are starting in Labadee.  The weird thing is that the only reason that I knew of the change was that one of my pre-booked shore excursions changed as we are in the port on a different day.  I never got an email from Royal informing us of the change.

Has anyone ever had this happen?  Why would the change direction? and why no email? 

Thanks in advance!

The reverse in direction could be for a number of reasons.  The most likely would be that another ship had to change their itinerary, altering when there was space at a given port (likely Labadee).  There could be other reasons too, such as planned maintenance that is scheduled in a particular port.  I am surprised they didn't notify you, as I can appreciate how this would be an issue if you'd booked tours outside of RCCL.  

Out of curiosity, what is your ship and sail date?

Hey Everyone,

We are sailing with Royal  and it seems they have reversed our itinerary.  Originally it was starting in Cozumel but now we are starting in Labadee.  The weird thing is that the only reason that I knew of the change was that one of my pre-booked shore excursions changed as we are in the port on a different day.  I never got an email from Royal informing us of the change.

Has anyone ever had this happen?  Why would the change direction? and why no email? 

Thanks in advance!

Not many of us have the power to compel RCL to adhere to a posted itinerary.   Good luck and enjoy your vacation!

Yeah it is not a huge deal, it is just we have an excursion booked that we did on our own and not through RCL.  If we did not have the other excursion booked through RCL then we never would have know about the change.  We would have shown up and learned onboard of the change and most likely been SOL on that private excursion.

It has all worked out and I was able to switch it all around I just wanted to see if there was something more I should have been doing to keep an eye out for such changes.

We are super excited, as we are on the Allure at the end of August.  Following along when you guys had your group cruise was awesome and we got a lot of great tips and ideas.