How long does it take to process a Lift and Shift?

So June cruises were cancelled a week ago and I asked my TA to lift and shift to next year. Still waiting for her request to go through. How long does this process normally take? She said that Royal will process the requests in the order received, but I'm sure they've got a ton to go through. 

My first choice cruise only had one room left at my cabin category and it was taken the next day. My second choice cruise is still showing some rooms, but I'm worried they'll be gone by the time my request gets processed.

Yes, what everyone else has said is a good idea.  For my June Alaska sailing I had my TA put a hold on the room I wanted (JS) a few months ago. Once June cruises were canceled I called my TA and let her know that it was time to L&S.  She was able to get it done in about two days.  We then had to wait for the new invoice to be generated and updated with my OBC, included gratuities, etc.. That took about three days and now everything is settled and my TA has sent me my new invoice. Good luck getting the room you want!

On 4/17/2021 at 9:45 AM, cookie10* said:

The taxes are on the 2022 prices??? anyone else have this issue? 

This is normal.  Port fees and taxes always depend on the going rate. Sometimes they are more, sometimes they are less money.  My Alaska L&S port fees and taxes ended up being $40 more per person. Not a big deal.

For our Odyssey of the Seas 2021 cancelled cruise, it will take a very long time for us to get the Lift and Shift, and eventually never happen. RC sent us the email offering us the 3 options resulting of the cancellation. We choose the L&S. The TA confirmed us that our choice of new cruise was eligible and informed RC. But then, RC refused our L&S choice, because they "suddently" discovered that our fare was not eligible. Despite their original mail and the confirmation of the TA...
So, be careful with the RC L&S, all the more so if your original price was a good deal and if the price of your new cruise is a lot higer...

Well we had the exact oppocite experience with RCCL. First we reserved a week from Rome on Explorer last year in feb. when we were on vision. Later Explorer was changed to Odyssey same itinerary (No complaint here??) then when it was cancelled august 20 we made a L&S to august 21 it took maybe 10 days. Now when Odyssey was moved to Haifa we made another L&S to july 22. We choose a 8 night from Rome with Odyssey with a visit in Kusadasi(Turkey) otherwise the same as original. The price on RCCL website is now more than double/person compared to our price after two times L&S and here last time it took approx. 2 weeks for our TA to fix it with no problems. We are very pleased with RCCL in this case ?.