Norwegian Fjord Cruises

Hey Anyone ever been on one of these routes?

My mom got a future credit from her cancelled Aug 2020 cruise and we are interested in doing something a little different. But we are waiting until at least 2022. Should we book it now in the hopes that they wont cancel? (who know's whats going on in the next few months let alone a year)

I'd love to do an itinerary of the fjords! I had one booked for last year. I agree with your idea, I'm looking at 2022 to rebook. I'm based in the UK which can make travelling to the port easier but there are so many restrictions on any international travel at the moment that I'm not even attempting anything abroad this year!

Fingers crossed for 2022! ?

I made the decision to cruise Norway's fjords once I learned about the zero emission regulations coming in 2026.  Those regulations would ban virtually all cruise ships.  

I wanted to cruise there so I made a point of booking a cruise in 2020.  That was eventually eliminated by the pandemic so now I'm trying for 2022.  There is since a recommendation to delay the zero emission regulation until 2030 but regardless once I did the research i wanted to get to this bucket list destination so I'm not putting it off.

I've chosen an itinerary that is focused on Norway rather than one that includes a mix of Norway and other countries.  If I'm going all that way I'm going all in.     

1 hour ago, Tira04 said:

I'd love to do an itinerary of the fjords! I had one booked for last year. I agree with your idea, I'm looking at 2022 to rebook. I'm based in the UK which can make travelling to the port easier but there are so many restrictions on any international travel at the moment that I'm not even attempting anything abroad this year!

Fingers crossed for 2022! ?

Yeah we are based in the US so we’re worried about being able to travel to departure port in UK or even being allowed in Norway at all! 

I’d book it with a refundable deposit and do not apply your FCC until final payment. By 90 days out you’ll have a much better picture of international travel. If still restricted, cancel and get your deposit back OR just move the deposit to a later cruise. 

You’re likely to get the best price now on the fare. As long as you don’t apply FCC now, you can still reprice the cruise all the way up to final payment/applied FCC. 

37 minutes ago, Jill said:

As long as you don’t apply FCC now, you can still reprice the cruise all the way up to final payment/applied FCC. 

From what I understand, when they extended the FCCs to September 2022, they also changed their system to allow agents to apply the FCC directly.  In doing so, this new system does change the "cruise fare" when FCCs are applied early on, it considers the FCC applied as payment instead so it is way easier to get a price adjustment now when cruise fare goes down, even with FCCs applied.

Perhaps @Sharlaor @michelle can confirm, but I think this is the case now.  When I look at my Norway sailing for July 2022, I used $1000 FCC as deposit and my statement from Royal reflects that as payment.  The original "cruise fare" is unaltered.

7 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

From what I understand, when they extended the FCCs to September 2022, they also changed their system to allow agents to apply the FCC directly.  In doing so, this new system does change the "cruise fare" when FCCs are applied early on, it considers the FCC applied as payment instead so it is way easier to get a price adjustment now when cruise fare goes down, even with FCCs applied.

Perhaps @Sharlaor @michelle can confirm, but I think this is the case now.  When I look at my Norway sailing for July 2022, I used $1000 FCC as deposit and my statement from Royal reflects that as payment.  The original "cruise fare" is unaltered.

Good to know. Although we’ve (me and Sharla) not to apply FCC until you have to because pain in the butt to get re-issued. I’ve moved my symphony 4 times now. This last time we moved it right before final payment/apply FCC just to keep from going through the hassle of getting it re-instated. 

22 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Yes, you can apply it as deposit, and can reprice. But there is a portion that comes onto the reservation in a separate part, which is also confusing. @Jillis correct, I do prefer waiting until final payment, even with the new system, but if you want to use FCC earlier (for deposit or earlier) we can do it and still reprice, mostly. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/18/2021 at 11:06 AM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@Jill

yes, like Sharla said you can apply early on now, but one thing we have learned is if you apply FCC to booking, then change your mind (like want it on
another one instead) it can take weeks for them to correct it. So be sure which booking you want it applied to if you can.

On 4/15/2021 at 11:48 PM, twangster said:

My Norway cruise on Jewel is mid-summer 2022 so I'm hoping over the next 16 months we've come far enough that international travel won't look like it looks today. 

I've just put a deposit on a 9 night Norwegian itinerary on Jewelfor 2022! Keeping my fingers crossed everyone is in a better position for travel next year. ?