How soon are daily cruise compasses delivered

Hi everyone, I was wondering how early you get the cruise compass. When you board do you have the entire week's compass available or is it issued each day?  I want to be able to plan ahead as much as possible, especially when coordinating a couple of activities that I want my 17 year old son to join me on, but if we can't view the compass until each morning he'll still be asleep and it will be hard to plan. I would hope that it would at least be available each evening before so you can take a look and see what you want to do for the next day. 

Thanks everyone,

:)

Cruise compasses are delivered daily (usually w/ turn down, but I've seen in come in the early morning when there are changes).  Some events later in the cruise may be mentioned in a given cruise compass, posted elsewhere on board, etc.  Frequently, larger events will also be mentioned ahead of time by the cruise director after an evening show, they tend do do summaries in the spiel.  You can always ask guest services if they have any idea of things to come, too.

Another option, while not perfect, would be to view the cruise compasses here on the blog, it may be possible to find a cruise identical to the one that you'll be on .....now, it won't be exactly what you'll have, but it'll at least put you in the ballpark.

For example, I'm going on the 5-night cruise on Grandeur to Bermuda in September, I was able to find here on the blog, the cruise compasses for the exact same cruise from a couple of weeks ago .......

Mark

Ours were delivered each night while we were at dinner so when we'd come back from dinner we were able to go through it and planned the next day.

Looking at old ones is a good suggestion too, but as mentioned they are not identical. I looked at a Cruise Compass from the beginning of June for our same itinerary/ship (our cruise was mid-July) and there were some things that were the same and some that were different/changed.

As others have said, they're left during turndown service. If your room is made up early, then they'll be left in the mail slot on your door. There's also a boarding day Compass which is usually given at check in or upon boarding the ship. However, on the Serenade Baltics cruise, it was actually waiting in our cabin.

Looking at old ones is a good suggestion too, but as mentioned they are not identical. I looked at a Cruise Compass from the beginning of June for our same itinerary/ship (our cruise was mid-July) and there were some things that were the same and some that were different/changed.

Good point, Angie.  Old Compass' provide a ballpark idea of what to expect.  

Hi Guys, I'm new to the forum but needed a little bit of info.  We are sailing on the Vision of the Seas on 20th August 2016, Greece and Croatia.  I can't seem to find an old Cruise Compass to look at.  Does anyone have any idea of the type of activities that are availalbe on the Vision of the Seas?  Thanks in advance. Dawn