Covid test

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Note: It was stated this particular test to fly home after the cruise is included in the cost of the cruise.

The test currently required to enter the Bahamas on your way to the cruise is not paid for by the cruise line.

I thought i saw something about you having to pay for it but they would put an OBC on your account to offset it.

14 hours ago, twangster said:

Note: It was stated this particular test to fly home after the cruise is included in the cost of the cruise.

The test currently required to enter the Bahamas on your way to the cruise is not paid for by the cruise line.

This is much the same as all the land based resort whose information i also follow

If anyone wants the peace of mind to have a rapid test available at home, the BinaxNOW test which my state lets front line workers have for free is now available OTC

https://slickdeals.net/f/14971064-binaxnow-over-the-counter-15min-at-home-covid-19-test-now-available-at-major-retailers-some-b-m-2-24-plus-shipping-cost-in-some-cases

23 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

We do at-home saliva PCR tests in Minnesota.  They are not rapid, though, so you do need to time it well to get it into a UPS pick-up box Mon-Fri, or it'll sit there all weekend.  If you do, though, test results are back in less than 24 hours.

Are the results available on-line, or do you get a post card?

7 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

Are the results available on-line, or do you get a post card?

Online - you get emails when the test is received by the lab from UPS and then when they are done with the results.  My last one was picked up by UPS at 4:45 on Friday, received by the lab at 7am, and I had test results back by 1pm on Saturday.  

5 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

We do at-home saliva PCR tests in Minnesota.  They are not rapid, though, so you do need to time it well to get it into a UPS pick-up box Mon-Fri, or it'll sit there all weekend.  If you do, though, test results are back in less than 24 hours.

Just as an FYI, I emailed the Bahamas Ministry of Health and they stated they do not accept saliva based PCR tests - must be the nasal test.  It looks like it may be a moot point for vaccinated adults but if you are planning this test for your kids, you may want to check.

Just to clarify, kids (under 16 now) still need PCR test to enter Bahamas, as of right now do fully vacinnated adults even if stipulation dropped by Bahamas still need this PCR to board the Adventure? ( because of the healthy sail panel recommendations? ) Color me still confused, HELP please? I want to sail but so full of trepedation. I envy you guys who get up and go!!

23 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Just to clarify, kids (under 16 now) still need PCR test to enter Bahamas, as of right now do fully vacinnated adults even if stipulation dropped by Bahamas still need this PCR to board the Adventure? ( because of the healthy sail panel recommendations? ) Color me still confused, HELP please? I want to sail but so full of trepedation. I envy you guys who get up and go!!

RC has not announced that they will require a Covid test for vaccinated adults, they did announce that kids would need it.

They have not announced what restrictions or Covid protocols would be followed on the ship. 

Keep in mind that the healthy sale panel was imagining non vaccinated cruisers so its hard to say what it will look like when it is announced, probably around May 14 (30 days before the 1st Bahamas cruise)

47 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

Just as an FYI, I emailed the Bahamas Ministry of Health and they stated they do not accept saliva based PCR tests - must be the nasal test.  It looks like it may be a moot point for vaccinated adults but if you are planning this test for your kids, you may want to check.

No idea how they'd know if it was a saliva or swabbed PCR.

18 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

No idea how they'd know if it was a saliva or swabbed PCR.

The test result will say what type of test it was, at least the one I looked at did.  This is what the testing center I was looking at has as their sample test result.  

Microsoft Word - WATERMARK sample TEST Results and Bill.doc (tevidobiodevices.com)

28 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

The test result will say what type of test it was, at least the one I looked at did.  This is what the testing center I was looking at has as their sample test result.  

Microsoft Word - WATERMARK sample TEST Results and Bill.doc (tevidobiodevices.com)

Mine doesn't say anything about saliva

image.png.39f9a7bdae74ce951d7432e198835995.png

2 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Did yours have the name of the test manufacturer anywhere?  Aruba had a list of the saliva-based ones that they wouldn't accept.

Yep, it does.  What's weird is that on one section it says that saliva-based tests are not accepted, and then right after that they have this disclaimer.  Our saliva testing is through Vault, so I'm confused as to whether it would be accepted (hypothetically - I'm not going to Aruba). Is it only Jet Blue passengers? Vault tests are Vault tests - why would it matter who you fly with?  Interesting question to ponder.

image.thumb.png.ca59a219376d2cd7f5d9bdffce0403ee.png