Sneaky Cruise Planner Pricing!

Today I noticed that the unlimited dining package for my cruise in April 2022 was on sale as an advertised price of $167 per person.  I canceled my previous reservation and attempted to rebook at the lower price.  However now gratuities are added at checkout vs being in the advertised price and ended up actually being more expensive.

Am I missing something,  does anyone know if I would have any luck getting my previous price reinstated?

4BDC1F65-F984-457F-A875-0BF69116CB92.jpeg

559C4B59-920C-449E-97A8-60E0FB55A181.jpeg

I’ve been tracking the price of a dining package for my cruise and almost pulled the trigger the other day. When I add it to cart it also adds gratuity. Which is especially weird because this is an Australian site/cruise/pricing and gratuities are always included in the price for us. 

1 hour ago, Vanessa77 said:

I’ve been tracking the price of a dining package for my cruise and almost pulled the trigger the other day. When I add it to cart it also adds gratuity. Which is especially weird because this is an Australian site/cruise/pricing and gratuities are always included in the price for us. 

Good catch.  Have you called RCI Australia to inquire?  I suspect they haven't seen that and it will be corrected down under as quick as it can be.  

12 minutes ago, Bwest001 said:

On our Adventure cruise in July they did the same thing with the beverage package. Before today it was listed as $67 per day and now it’s $58 a day but either way when you go to checkout it’s the same total price at $958 for both people. 

Beverage packages have always added 18% at check out.  For a 7 night cruise $58 pppd x 7 days = $812 for two people plus 18% gratuity = $958.16.  The price at $67pppd would be that much higher once gratuity was added.

Dining packages on the other hand have not added a "service charge" at check out and still don't in the older UI.

3 hours ago, twangster said:

Good catch.  Have you called RCI Australia to inquire?  I suspect they haven't seen that and it will be corrected down under as quick as it can be.  

Stupidly I hadn't thought of doing that until you suggested it haha. I have now called them, and they advised that the higher price is the correct price ?. Said that sometimes this happens, so they must be having issues with whatever system calculates Aus prices for that product. It still works out heaps cheaper than buying individually so I still bought it, but will be keeping my eye out for price changes!

Some more information on this observation.

I now have two Mariner cruises booked.  One is before the new UI is used and one is after the new UI is in place.

Old UDP dining plan price once in the cart $87

New UDP dining plan price once in the cart $87.30

The new UI displays the gratuity as a line item charge, the old UI has a higher price but includes the gratuity.

Old UI

251425830_MACPChanges13.thumb.jpg.27c238e27fd6cf8c99b954c86282067f.jpg

1788639886_MACPChanges14.thumb.jpg.ec8966995700a511724c5cf4103fb5f9.jpg

New UI

1078463897_MACPChanges2.thumb.jpg.9fe5a5074a6182db86019a7777017c52.jpg

1602505822_MACPChanges4.thumb.jpg.d87845207b767f2a6a601c96b8890adc.jpg

So i don't think it's a matter of trying to sneak a new charge into the plan, it just breaks out the gratuity so it's very clear you have paid gratuity and don't need to leave a tip unless so inclined.