Air2sea has to be the most confusing thing ever

Since we change our cruise from Oasis out of Cape Liberty in late July to Adventure out of Nassau in early August we needed flights.  So I decide to try Air2Sea.....man that was not very as easy as it should have been (or my expectations/way of doing things make it waaay harder).

We 'shifted' a fully paid off cruise.....which means Adventure is fully paid for and RC was going to issue refund for the difference.
At the same time I added a 5th person.  And because of 'reasons' RC could not apply the refund to this new person because it is a different reservation number *even though staying in same room.  So I had given a $1000 depo. and planned to pay off prior to 90 day.

So then I use air2sea website, pick out tickets, click buy/checkout, get email confirmations.  It never asked me for credit info so I assume RC has it on file.  Check in AA a couple days later to pick seats and it says "tickets not issued, call booking"...so I call AA....wait on hold for 1.5 hours to get a person....they say "Not us, you need to call royal"

So call Royal...."we don't issue tickets until late June"....so I'm like "Well how am I guaranteed my seats then? and how are they paid for you never asked for a CC, I thought there was payment problem?"....oh no all the seats are completely paid for....for 4 of you....but the 5th one isn't paid for yet.....

So the only thing that makes sense is Royal paid for the airfare out of the refund the owe me for the moved cruise and for my 5th passenger, they added the airfare cost to the final payment amount that was still due....all without clearly explaining of it.

SIGH.

I have used Air2Sea in the past (naturally the cruise was cancelled!) and I had no issues at all.  But I called them and did all the reserving that way (had 30 people to get on same flights) and it went extremely smooth!  Even when we were cancelled the refunds came through pretty quickly for everyone.  Once we paid for the flights I was able to call AA and reserve the seats for everyone.

13 minutes ago, Chmusar said:

hi 

can you confirm if this is the website for air2sea as i am not sure as i thought it was something you booked directly with  RCCL

https://www.flygmt.com/air-2-sea/

cheers

That is not the site. This is the correct site: https://secure.cruisingpower.com/choiceair/protected/home.do?brand=R

5 hours ago, dodgestang said:

Since we change our cruise from Oasis out of Cape Liberty in late July to Adventure out of Nassau in early August we needed flights.  So I decide to try Air2Sea.....man that was not very as easy as it should have been (or my expectations/way of doing things make it waaay harder).

We 'shifted' a fully paid off cruise.....which means Adventure is fully paid for and RC was going to issue refund for the difference.
At the same time I added a 5th person.  And because of 'reasons' RC could not apply the refund to this new person because it is a different reservation number *even though staying in same room.  So I had given a $1000 depo. and planned to pay off prior to 90 day.

So then I use air2sea website, pick out tickets, click buy/checkout, get email confirmations.  It never asked me for credit info so I assume RC has it on file.  Check in AA a couple days later to pick seats and it says "tickets not issued, call booking"...so I call AA....wait on hold for 1.5 hours to get a person....they say "Not us, you need to call royal"

So call Royal...."we don't issue tickets until late June"....so I'm like "Well how am I guaranteed my seats then? and how are they paid for you never asked for a CC, I thought there was payment problem?"....oh no all the seats are completely paid for....for 4 of you....but the 5th one isn't paid for yet.....

So the only thing that makes sense is Royal paid for the airfare out of the refund the owe me for the moved cruise and for my 5th passenger, they added the airfare cost to the final payment amount that was still due....all without clearly explaining of it.

SIGH.

We just used Air2Sea for the first time a couple weeks ago for our July Adventure cruise (just prior to final payment). I found it almost too easy to use at first, and was totally confused when it didn’t ask me for payment. Michelle from MEI quickly confirmed that the cost would be added to final payment, which we made about 10 days ago. I then checked my reservation on American Airlines site but it still said “ticket pending” and “call your travel agent”.

I called AA and they said everything looked good on their side and we even had seats (automatically assigned). Michelle called Air2Sea and they told her the same thing. I called and got someone different who confirmed that our tickets “were never issued”. She took care of it and within an hour everything was fixed and we were able to finally adjust our seats.

So in the end it was more complicated than it needed to be but it all worked out. Just glad I caught it as who knows what would have happened come July if not. Still happy we used Air2Sea as it saved about $100/person. 

Had good luck.  My only peeve is if you try to book early (9 months out from cruise when airlines open reservations), you can't get the direct flights.  I live near a major international airport and I can always get the direct flights to port cities (unless I use Air2Sea and try to book early).  If I wait until 3 months out, can get the direct flight but at a considerable rate change than if booking early, directly from the airline.  Consequently, I only use for international now.