Cruise Planner Sale April 14-20, 2021

2 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Yup...just saw the sale for my Nov cruise but I paid less when they had a sale about 3-4 weeks ago!  I will keep checking...hoping for perhaps even lower prices somewhere along the line!!

I'm somewhat disturbed by the trend of these cruise planner sale prices.  They pretty much advertise the same old 50% off but the sale price has doubled in some cases.  Internet prices are particularly disturbing. The 4 device internet package for 50% off was never $40 per day when it wasn't on sale.

6 minutes ago, Dad2Cue said:

I'm somewhat disturbed by the trend in these cruise planner sale prices.  They pretty much advertise the same old 50% off but the sale price has doubled in some cases.  Internet prices are particularly disturbing. The 4 device package for 50% off was never $40 when it wasn't on sale.

I hear you. It's almost like you have to check continually whenever a sale is announced.  The only good thing is you can purchase something and then if the price goes down can cancel and rebook at lower price.  But that does take a lot of free time always looking for that bargain!!

25 minutes ago, Dad2Cue said:

I'm somewhat disturbed by the trend in these cruise planner sale prices.  They pretty much advertise the same old 50% off but the sale price has doubled in some cases.  Internet prices are particularly disturbing. The 4 device internet package for 50% off was never $40 per day when it wasn't on sale.

Sales are subject to supply and demand trends.  

I monitor frequently and saved a bunch today.

A few excursions went up in price like they always do.  That just means they are selling well and almost sold out.

Given the alternative I'll take these sales every time.  I always find something at a lower price and if I don't I wait for some other sale to find something else at a lower price.

To give you an idea of some excursions I am tracking for St Thomas visit on a cruise:

Original Price    4/14/21 Price 

Buck Island Sail Snorkel                                        $88.99             $73.99
Turtle Bay Sail and Snorkel                                   $70.99             $58.99
St. John 1/2 Day Champagne Cat and Snorkel    $92.99            $77.99
St John Island Tour                                                $61.99             $64.99
Turbo cat Snorkel and beach                                $74.99            $62.99
Dive with Equipment                                             $115.99           $102.99
Pirates Sail. Snork Beach                                      $65.99            $69.99
Xmas Cove Power Snorkel, Turtle Rays               $52.99            $55.99

Three excursions saw small increases while the rest saw decent decreases.

34 minutes ago, Dimension said:

What is interesting is that I just checked my sailing on Oasis for Nov. 3 and there are no sails being advertised. The same thing is taking place on my Rhapsody sailing Dec.14. I'll have to try again later to see if the sale pops up.

Not all sales apply to all sailings, so keep checking back once it gets a bit closer to sail date.  @Matt's blog posts about the sales usually mention which sailings the sale applies to.  

1 hour ago, twangster said:
1 hour ago, twangster said:

To give you an idea of some excursions I am tracking for St Thomas visit on a cruise:

Buck Island Sail Snorkel                                        $88.99             $73.99
Turtle Bay Sail and Snorkel                                   $70.99             $58.99
St John Island Tour                                                $61.99             $64.99
Turbo cat Snorkel and beach                                $74.99            $62.99
Dive with Equipment                                             $115.99           $102.99
Pirates Sail. Snork Beach                                      $65.99            $69.99

You are very organized.  I just try to remember prices from one sale to the next.  Most items I get regularly so I know what price I'm looking for.  Those excursion prices are hard to remember.  Can I give you a list of excursions I want and you can notify me when I should buy them??

12 minutes ago, Dad2Cue said:

You are very organized.  I just try to remember prices from one sale to the next.  Most items I get regularly so I know what price I'm looking for.  Those excursion prices are hard to remember.  Can I give you a list of excursions I want and you can notify me when I should buy them??

Sounds like a service a 3rd party should charge a fee for ?

Kind of like Amazon price trackers.

12 minutes ago, twangster said:

Sounds like a service a 3rd party should charge a fee for ?

Kind of like Amazon price trackers.

I would pay for an app that would track the prices if it included cruise prices.  You would think it already exists somewhere.

10 hours ago, twangster said:

You have inspired me to create a spreadsheet. I've input everything I want, the original price, the best price I've seen it at, and the price I've purchased something at. I can't afford to buy everything I want, but with like 8 or so months until I sail, this keep track of stuff I'm probably not going to remember and will hopefully allow me to buy everything I want at 'Best Price'. 

That’s a good idea for all. I keep each cruise and related docs in separate 2 pocket folders. I keep track of prices periodically. I was Googling “Royal Caribbean cruise planner sales” the other day when the link I posted popped up to my surprise.  While it wasn’t a huge reduction in price every  little bit of savings helps. 

9 hours ago, Vanessa77 said:

You have inspired me to create a spreadsheet. I've input everything I want, the original price, the best price I've seen it at, and the price I've purchased something at. I can't afford to buy everything I want, but with like 8 or so months until I sail, this keep track of stuff I'm probably not going to remember and will hopefully allow me to buy everything I want at 'Best Price'. 

That's exactly what I do.  It's a tab in my main cruising spreadsheet.  

I track several items of interest including the drink package and the percent they suggest so I can see overtime if it holds true compared to on board rates.  I only buy the DX 25% of the time but I've begun tracking it so I better understand price trends.

Royal does a lot of data mining to gain wisdom and knowledge.  I'm doing the same in my spreadsheet so when someone claims "fake sale" or "bait and switch" I'll have hard data to form an opinion on the claim.

20 hours ago, Dimension said:

What is interesting is that I just checked my sailing on Oasis for Nov. 3 and there are no sails being advertised. The same thing is taking place on my Rhapsody sailing Dec.14. I'll have to try again later to see if the sale pops up.

Checked yesterday on our 21 Nov Oasis sailing, saw the sail BUT, not good enough for me to jump on anything yet.   There was a premium drink package sale 2 months ago which was much better than what's being offered now.  (but that's a normal trend)

I always make it a rule to check prices regularly, even when there is not a sale.  Some of the best prices I've seen, especially with excursions, have just shown up randomly between sales, never to be seen that low again.  I check frequently enough that I really don't even pay attention to sale announcements.

My 125% OBC from a cancelled May 2020 that has been applied twice now (which were cancelled) is buying less and less as time goes by. If I purchased everything I did initially in May 2020, I’d barely be covering it with the credit for October 2021. 

Lesson is: redeem as soon as possible. 

11 hours ago, UNCFanatik said:

If your cruise is cancelled do they give the FCC on cruise planner purchases the same as cruise fares? Example.. if I get beverages for all 4 of my family members, are the future credits linked to each individual family member or in one overall bucket ?

It’s a lump sum added to the cruise of your choosing. It will appear at the top of your cruise planner. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2021 at 9:27 AM, FManke said:

Nothing on sale for me in Oct. I'm happy with the Black Friday sales I got, but I'm always looking.

Circling back, while I  at check the planner at least a couple times a week, I've noticed that prices have definitely seemed to jump. I know they fluctuate through out the year, but I'm wondering if the prices are not just higher, now that we are seemingly ?, closer to sailing? And will prices stay artificially high, as cruises start and cruisers who have not purchased pkgs and such are willing to pay the higher prices? At least we're cruising, right?

Happy Cruising!

As I am planning my second cruise (my very first was with RC so booked my second for next year), I always check my cruise planner for sale... before this April sale, the price for internet package for 4 device was $55.18 (CAD) and during the sale it gave 20% discount but according to the cruise planner, it is $55.18 (CAD) including the discount. I tweeted this to RC and called them out on this one... So, someone messaged me and said because I have to pay 18% gratuities for the internet package (and yes! that's what the customer service rep said). So, now, the sale is over and you can guess what the price of internet package for 4 devices... $55.18.

I am very disappointed with this incident considering we had a great time with RC... anyways, just want everyone to be aware... thanks

I went back, now that sale has ended, and checked prices for items I purchased. I bought internet packages on 2 booked cruises, water packages, and one up-to-50 photos package during the sale. I saved a total of $50 as opposed to current prices. Every little bit helps. The photo package was reduced by $20 to $119.99 on our 4-night family cruise so that was very much appreciated. The Breezy Bay beach beds at Coco Cay remained at $149 each. They key is keeping a list of prices so you remember for comparison sake. 

Okay just got an email and the sale is back on! Checked prices. Sorry — we don’t get drink package so I’m no help there. 

Voom & Surf package for 2 = $5 savings per night

Voom & Surf for 1 = $1.80 savings per night

Dasani water package- I got for $10 during last sale, now $11, but had been up to $15 (+ tax)

Photo packages also on sale again  

No change on Beach Beds at Coco Cay  

Is anyone else encountering an issue during cruise planner checkout - it won’t accept the phone number Input.  Have tried all combinations for US   Starting with +1, starting just area code and phone number.   Using ( area code) or no parentheses.   
keeps giving an error.    First time I’ve had this happen 

thanks in advance !!

20 minutes ago, Zurc said:

Is anyone else encountering an issue during cruise planner checkout - it won’t accept the phone number Input.  Have tried all combinations for US   Starting with +1, starting just area code and phone number.   Using ( area code) or no parentheses.   
keeps giving an error.    First time I’ve had this happen 

thanks in advance !!

Happened once in the new My Royal Cruises format but worked second time using straight digits 8005551212 format IIRC.