Upgrading from Classic drinks

Mike.s

Just booked my first Celebrity cruise, so apologies if this is a daft question, we want to upgrade from the included classic drinks package, but am struggling to find out how. If I log into the cruise planner it gives me the option for premium drinks but charges me the full price. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

It is supposed to be $12 USD per person per day.  What do you see?

FAQ:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/always-included

How can a guest upgrade from classic beverage package to premium beverage package when they book the Always Included package?

If a guest books their cruise with Always Included package pricing and would like to upgrade their Classic Beverage Package to the Premium Beverage Package, they may do so via our Cruise Planner platform once their booking is within final payment.  The upgrade charge will be $12 per person per day which includes the beverage gratuity.  Guests may not purchase a beverage upgrade before final payment when they book Always Included. Alternatively, guests may also upgrade their beverage package from Classic to Premium once onboard the ship.

On the Cruise planner it only lists the full price of £49, around $67. I added them to the basket to see if it reduced the price, but it didn't. It's a recent booking so perhaps the systems need to catch up, or perhaps the systems is broken, but that would never happen on an RC IT system would it?

2 hours ago, twangster said:

It is supposed to be $12 USD per person per day.  What do you see?

FAQ:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/always-included

How can a guest upgrade from classic beverage package to premium beverage package when they book the Always Included package?

If a guest books their cruise with Always Included package pricing and would like to upgrade their Classic Beverage Package to the Premium Beverage Package, they may do so via our Cruise Planner platform once their booking is within final payment.  The upgrade charge will be $12 per person per day which includes the beverage gratuity.  Guests may not purchase a beverage upgrade before final payment when they book Always Included. Alternatively, guests may also upgrade their beverage package from Classic to Premium once onboard the ship.

$12 sounds about right.  We did an upgrade on-board a few years ago and was $13.   We really like the Martini bar (which many of the martinis exceed the classic drink price) and determined we could make it back.  So if you're a martini bar person, you'll want the premium package.

4 hours ago, Mike.s said:

On the Cruise planner it only lists the full price of £49, around $67. I added them to the basket to see if it reduced the price, but it didn't. It's a recent booking so perhaps the systems need to catch up, or perhaps the systems is broken, but that would never happen on an RC IT system would it?

When is your final payment date? Per the quoted info from @twangster earlier, you won't see the $12 per night pricing until you have past final payment and are within the final 90-ish days before sail date.

8 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

When is your final payment date? Per the quoted info from @twangster earlier, you won't see the $12 per night pricing until you have past final payment and are within the final 90-ish days before sail date.

Ah, I didn't pick up on that, I'll try again next month