Guide to Chair Hogs

That response about people looking for chairs being "unreal" says it all. I'm looking for a chair and can't find one near the pool and others are out to lunch and actually  think that they  can block someone else from enjoying the pool while they  go to lunch at chops. I"m speechless!

2 hours ago, cookie10* said:

You people are unreal. Who made you the lord over the chairs! yes we get our chair prior to breakfast and we like to eat together so we go...Sometime eating breakfast in Chops take 45 minutes or so at least 30... We return and we are in, out, around until lunch which we generally return to our chairs to eat...but we have been known to go to specialty resesturent for lunch and again it takes awhile...  Bath room breaks we sometime go to the room which can take 15 to 20 minutes or longer depending on the crowds at the elevators or they are cleaning the room..  Again you guys are unreal......

ImpossibleUntimelyAlbacoretuna-size_restricted.gif

2 hours ago, cookie10* said:

You people are unreal. Who made you the lord over the chairs! yes we get our chair prior to breakfast and we like to eat together so we go...Sometime eating breakfast in Chops take 45 minutes or so at least 30... We return and we are in, out, around until lunch which we generally return to our chairs to eat...but we have been known to go to specialty resesturent for lunch and again it takes awhile...  Bath room breaks we sometime go to the room which can take 15 to 20 minutes or longer depending on the crowds at the elevators or they are cleaning the room..  Again you guys are unreal......

I feel this post may be intended as satire (at least I hope it is). If not, it seems as though you enjoy a lot of the different amenities and dining options available on ships. the reason for the 30 minute chair rule is so that other guests may enjoy the pool areas while you are off enjoying the other amenities.

3 hours ago, cookie10* said:

Enjoy your time at Guest Services arguing about you un-returned towel charges.  No, you do not get to wander off for lunch and expect to keep your chair when tons of people would like one.  What part of that confuses you?

5 hours ago, cookie10* said:

You absolutely have to be joking, right? At least I hope this isn’t how you really feel!! 

7 minutes ago, Lovestotravel said:

Curious:  I assume that chairs by the pool are the most coveted and populated. What about chairs that are on deck not near the pools, but more to view the sea?  Are those often all taken as well?  (newbie here!).  TIA. 

No, you can usually find a chair very easily if it isn't in the immediate pool area. 

6 minutes ago, Jill said:

I would go to towel station and ask, “Can I remove towels from chairs that no one has been in for 30 minutes?” They will say yes. You remove towels, if person comes back you tell them towel station said to remove. Then they can take it up with the towel station. 

That is how I would do it. I hate to have to but I am so tired of not being able to sit near the pool.The heat is intense so I can't sit far away from the cooling off source. Plus my husbands ankles get tired with all the unnecessary walking.If more folks did this then perhaps the selfish non present folks would get a clue. We were in the Schooner Bar last year on Liberty and I had high heels on. Went to sit down and the man 2 tables over said he was reserving 6 chairs for a party not yet arrived. Stood the whole time and saw that his party never arrived, he left and  others took the chairs.

26 minutes ago, Jill said:

That’s not my experience on the Oasis class on sea days. It’s quite challenging to find chairs. 

It's not my experience on any class on sea days.  If you want a chair that is not in constant direct sun on a sea day, then you need to be at the pool before 9 am.  And even at 9 am, in my experience, most chairs are already claimed.  The chair saving is insane, and people have no courtesy whatsoever.      

59 minutes ago, dejagatkins said:

That is how I would do it. I hate to have to but I am so tired of not being able to sit near the pool.The heat is intense so I can't sit far away from the cooling off source. 

On this note: I started going to the outdoor pool showers to cool off instead of getting in the pool! Quick cool off and no need to wade between bodies ?

On 10/27/2019 at 1:25 PM, cookie10* said:

You then, are part of the problem .... and if you can't see that, then I can't help you.  for all those times you were in the restaurants, in your cabin, someone else, who also paid their cruise fare, could be enjoying the lounger.

On 10/27/2019 at 12:25 PM, cookie10* said:

@cookie10*,

I'm really curious what your reasoning is that makes as @WAAAYTOOOmentioned, not following the posted rules about loungers ok? Is it simply the first come, first served mentality? Rules don't apply to you and your family? 

Unfortunately, the rules have had to be implemented, because of people like you. 

During the course of a cruise, strangers become a "neighborhood"  for a short time and civility and courtesy should follow, just like at home, not left on the dock when you board.

On 10/28/2019 at 4:25 AM, cookie10* said:

The simple fact is it is not your chair. 

• 2 weeks later...

What if it were the reverse?  What if people blocked off tables and chairs in the buffet area very early so they knew they’d have a good place to eat breakfast and lunch?  No one would assume it would be ok to leave people with no place to eat! Why is it ok to leave people with no place to sit/lounge?

i bring a tote bag to the pool deck and have no problem putting my things near the pool or hot tub as I use them so as to not hog a chair.  If we all just used items as we needed them, there would be fewer issues.

note: short trips to the bathroom or to grab a beverage should not require abdication of a chair.