UPB and Sabor

Pooch

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand why they're eliminating Sabor.  Probably my favorite specialty restaurants.

The margaritas are phenomenal.  Perhaps we'll still be able to get those at Bolero's?

And why have they gotten rid of the champagne bar?    Makes me sad.

52 minutes ago, Floski said:

I don't understand why they're eliminating Sabor.  Probably my favorite specialty restaurants.

The margaritas are phenomenal.  Perhaps we'll still be able to get those at Bolero's?

And why have they gotten rid of the champagne bar?    Makes me sad.

Agreed on both counts but I can see the point when El Coco Fresh is added to a ship and they need somewhere for a Playmakers.  If forced to choose between Playmakers and Sabor, PM wins for me.

As far as the Champagne Bar that is a loss due to the need to offer whiz bang to never cruised.  On any given sailing ~50% have never sailed with Royal.  To entice the never cruised they need some things that repeat cruisers may not be drawn to with the same zeal as never sailed with Royal guests.  Robots win this one too.

Subject of the Champagne Bar.

My thoughts has always been a name issue. Sure most passengers hear "Champagne Bar" and first impression would be just that, a bar that specializes in champagne. After all Vintages is a bar that specializes in wine.

I ponder if the guests Royal attracted would be interested in something along the line of Celebrity's Martini Bar. Carnival offers the Alchemy Bar on a majority of their ships for craft cocktails. Once I discovered the Champagne Bar not being a Champagne Bar and more of a mixology light bar it became my go-to bar.

7 hours ago, CGTLH said:

Subject of the Champagne Bar.

My thoughts has always been a name issue. Sure most passengers hear "Champagne Bar" and first impression would be just that, a bar that specializes in champagne. After all Vintages is a bar that specializes in wine.

I ponder if the guests Royal attracted would be interested in something along the line of Celebrity's Martini Bar. Carnival offers the Alchemy Bar on a majority of their ships for craft cocktails. Once I discovered the Champagne Bar not being a Champagne Bar and more of a mixology light bar it became my go-to bar.

The Champagne Bar on Oasis class was the only other bar to get a decent Cucumber Martini.

I dare they replace the Champagne Bar with a robot bar on Radiance.  It might live on in name for a while yet.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I dare they replace the Champagne Bar with a robot bar on Radiance.  It might live on in name for a while yet.

Thought on the Radiance class the name is slowly being converted to Vintages. Just glad the space hasn't been converted to the robotic mess masters.

7 hours ago, CGTLH said:

Thought on the Radiance class the name is slowly being converted to Vintages. Just glad the space hasn't been converted to the robotic mess masters.

Perhaps the Radiance mini refresh in 2019 was supposed to change that, but hasn't as far as we know.

Vintages hasn't exactly been the forward direction either.