COVID-19 supplementary terms and conditions for Israeli cruises

I thought some of you who will be cruising this year may be interested in seeing the various terms and conditions RC added for COVID, at least as pertains to the cruises out of Israel. This was provided upon booking for my Odyssey cruise this October. It's an interesting read. Maybe it will give an idea of what precautions and conditions may exist for other cruises soon after.

Safe and happy cruising to all. ?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/israel/israel-supplementary-terms-and-conditions.pdf

I would doubt it's quite that intensive here. Having to provide your full medical history prior to boarding might be acceptable for Israelis, but not here.

Wear gloves and protective clothing to disembark?  Sounds like a blast. Fortunately with the CDC saying surface transmission is extremely unlikely, that's another thing we won't see here.

Its dated March 7th so its already outdated.  I also didn't see a lot of specifics, just things that "may" happen.  It seemed like a legal waiver for any situation that "may" occur.  I'll be interested to see how they actually operate for the first time with fully vaccinated guests.

This is just a way of RCL to protect themselves and get ready for any type of request that will come from the Israeli health department. Few days ago the health department announced that there isn't yet an agreement to allow the cruises and people should not book them yet. Not sure if it was official announcement or just an idea of one person there that got envy with the CDC has it was only published once and I can't find it anywhere. 

18 hours ago, wordell1 said:

Its dated March 7th so its already outdated.  I also didn't see a lot of specifics, just things that "may" happen.  It seemed like a legal waiver for any situation that "may" occur.  I'll be interested to see how they actually operate for the first time with fully vaccinated guests.

I noticed all the mays.  It's not unlike the US cruise contract in some ways...RCI promises to provide you with a cruise, but no guarantees as to ship, length, ports, point of departure, or basically anything else.  ?

I booked over the phone and they played a message that I had to verbally agree to, acknowledging I take full responsibility for my choice to book this cruise, knowing it could result in illness or death. 

They really are covering *all* the bases.

I think it's as up-to-date as can be expected; it was provided last week during the booking process so we can trust at least that it was still the plan last week.

On 4/10/2021 at 12:18 AM, smokeybandit said:

I would doubt it's quite that intensive here. Having to provide your full medical history prior to boarding might be acceptable for Israelis, but not here.

Israelis are generally less likely than Americans to be open about private matters like this. Americans are provided a list of questions on a form, answer each one carefully, and sign their name and provide the date in the date field. Israelis skip most of (if not all of) the questions and sign their name, no date unless mandatory, let's just be done with it. As an American-Israeli dual citizen, I've seen it play out that way with both groups more times than I can count.

I doubt the full medical history is needed, nor do I expect them to request it. But it does seem reasonable for them to give notice they may  need to request more information.

Coronavirus privacy policy: 

Corona_Virus_Privacy_Policy_and_Health_Measures_Information.pdf

Supplementary terms updated as of 24 March, sent to me today as the price went down a couple hundred on my JS and I called them to adjust it. It's pretty much the same, from what I could tell just browsing it:

COVID_19_Supplementary_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf

In other news, thanks to the current sale, I grabbed a solo balcony for the non-official maiden voyage (2 June). So I'm exactly seven weeks from cruising again!! ? Just a two-day but the price was great and it'll totally be worth exploring the Odyssey on its first voyage. I'll be taking a billion pictures. ?