Flexibility from RC service rep

Ian T

I know that at times interactions with the RC service team can come with an element of frustration so I thought I would share an example of where the RC rep showed initiative and flexibility to resolve my query...

I booked one of the UK only sailings on the day they became available; however upon browsing the RC web site the very next day (as I am in the habit of doing whilst I await the green light for operations!) I noticed that the sailing was available at the same price but this time with OBC as an added extra.

I called RC and explained the situation, asking whether I needed to cancel the original booking under CWC and re-book in order to acquire the OBC. The rep (Christian) advised that the answer was technically yes I did, but as I would then be unable to apply the FCC from the CWC to the same sailing he would see what he could do.

After a few minutes he returned and advised that under the circumstances he had obtained authorisation to apply the OBC to my existing sailing, thereby saving me the inconvenience of cancelling/re-booking/dealing with the FCC/etc. Within two minutes of ending the call I received a revised invoice from RC showing the OBC and it was also available on my cruise planner.

Way to go Christian, and way to go RC! ?