Nickle and Diming Issues???

deep1

Maybe you have followed? Maybe not?  I had a nice 5 night set up  on Indy (my favorite) ... Falmouth and Labadee the stops... That one crashed into the Covid abyss. Ok Lift and shift to the rescue... Pick one a year out that the dates blended well for our two kids and their school vacations. Kind of a down grade to Mariner.  This time Labadee  but swap yucky Nassau for  Jamaica (Wanted to show the kids river tubing and Dunns River)... Oh well it will just have to be Bay street and water taxi to the Atlantis side... Not pleased but not end of world.  After the even swap there was a balance due of like $25???? Not worth questioning. Paid it.. 

RCCL tells us there has been a redeployment  but all I ever saw was a couple dates taken out of original schedule and couple 4 night became 5 and a couple 5's just cancelled. I was one of the cancelled. There was option of going date they picked? Nope... No good for vacations. Offered two other dates and I selected one. That date being about $100 less per person than the one they were going to automatically put us in.  Not a word for around three weeks. Just popped in my planner... Yay... Then I see balance due? Couple hundred and change each room???  WTH?  

Any ideas???... I know their math is questionable but this  makes no sense. They sent me no refunds or anything from the previous two cancelled. Which reminds me they didn't kick back the Cruise planner stuff either? Another few hours on the phone? Suggestions? 

12 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

Sounds like it was a change in port fees and taxes.

Same thing happened when I did a lift and shift last year.

Normally I would agree and believe thats what it was  for that $25or so on the last L+S...  The ports didn't change on this swap... Just the dates by 2 weeks...  This should be like $95 less per person and instead just over a $100 increase... 

I learned my lesson on self booking cruises.  I have always either booked directly, or used Expedia without any issues until the covid cancellations.  After a lot of issues with getting my FCC's applied correctly, I have made the switch to a real travel agent (MEI).  It is worth it for issues like you are describing - let them figure out what is going on and explain it to you.

24 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

I learned my lesson on self booking cruises.  I have always either booked directly, or used Expedia without any issues until the covid cancellations.  After a lot of issues with getting my FCC's applied correctly, I have made the switch to a real travel agent (MEI).  It is worth it for issues like you are describing - let them figure out what is going on and explain it to you.

Going forward probably that will be the route... Right now though this stems from a trip booked well  in advance. This isn't a FCC or refund issue. I had a paid in full sailing moved to a cheaper date and I'm getting raised by substantial amount...  The other bookings I have have all been home runs. This one irritating ...

Similar thing happened to me, I called immediately, I didn’t wait for the cruise line to act. I told them what I wanted and the price honored.  They changed it without an issue. 

Since the cruise is a lower price, I might suggest cancelling with you 125%, then booking on the ship that you want for what seems to be a better price.

FYI if I was set on Freedom class I would not have let them Take me off of it. Sometimes it’s a fight but you have a few different avenues to go down to get your desired result. Remember, it’s your vacation and your money. 

13 hours ago, twangster said:

Lesson learned is to always request copies of the booking invoice when ever anything changes. That establishes an audit trail you can follow.  

If you did that then compare the invoices and the line items for discounts, port fees, etc.  What changed?

Didn't you see my thread Mariner Migraine? I screamed for 3+ weeks about no receipt and their refusal to send one...  They still have not sent one... 

15 hours ago, Flopper said:

Similar thing happened to me, I called immediately, I didn’t wait for the cruise line to act. I told them what I wanted and the price honored.  They changed it without an issue. 

Since the cruise is a lower price, I might suggest cancelling with you 125%, then booking on the ship that you want for what seems to be a better price.

FYI if I was set on Freedom class I would not have let them Take me off of it. Sometimes it’s a fight but you have a few different avenues to go down to get your desired result. Remember, it’s your vacation and your money. 

They gave me no FCC option, never sent a receipt or any acknowledgement... There were no 5 night Freedoms in the time slot for L+S.. 

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Really surprised the automated telephone response system can't email you one.  

Nope... The receipts were generated yesterday only and not sent til ten minutes ago during my call to them...  Quick and simple they had made  a mistake by adding in protection plans that I didn't want or ever have and then applying twice to each person...  Very thorough agent! Delighted to find one as complete as him!

This Mariner of the Seas redeployment has been a MESS! This is my very first cruise and honestly idk if I'll ever plan a cruise again ? My sailing has been cancelled twice now. My travel agent filled out their questionnaire picking new dates (that now don't fit in my schedule). The sailing was suppose to be moved on April 2nd...still nothing and the agents have no idea what's going. 

1 hour ago, Kayla S said:

This Mariner of the Seas redeployment has been a MESS! This is my very first cruise and honestly idk if I'll ever plan a cruise again ? My sailing has been cancelled twice now. My travel agent filled out their questionnaire picking new dates (that now don't fit in my schedule). The sailing was suppose to be moved on April 2nd...still nothing and the agents have no idea what's going. 

I called daily since the cancel and only got my answer today... Worked out in the end but took some work on my end. Every time I don't get receipts, there is a mess...  They not only didn't auto send but refued to send when I requested... Only yesterday did they get to me or even made...