State of Florida Sues CDC Over Cruise Shut Down

Oh , but you know what will happen , yes the CDC will announce the  simple protocols in few days and it will be something like that :

1. Only people that got two vaccine shots will be allowed to board  beside people that got it from Pfizer , AZ, Moderna or any Chinese/Russian vaccine , your are OK if you got two shots of the JJ vaccine.

2. People who want to cruise will need to bring a letter from their  doctor proving they never catch  a cold in their life .

3. The ship Captain name should start with Z and and with X , captains who changed their name on the last 10 years can not participate.

4. The number of people who are allowed on the ship will be calculate by the fowling simple formula  length of the ship divided by the number of floors multiply by the integral of the ship stern multiply by square root   of -1/2 + image.png.db6b8c2674bb61860aad8ddef1f02169.png  but no more than 10.5 including the crew.

5. The ship will be divided to 4x4 areas to avoid social contact  , each area will be paint with one of 3 different colors while each area can not have a border with an area that has the same color.

6. Once the ships will be ready  a one year test can start from Johnston atoll. 

1 hour ago, Traveler said:

Oh , but you know what will happen , yes the CDC will announce the  simple protocols in few days and it will be something like that :

1. Only people that got two vaccine shots will be allowed to board  beside people that got it from Pfizer , AZ, Moderna or any Chinese/Russian vaccine , your are OK if you got two shots of the JJ vaccine.

2. People who want to cruise will need to bring a letter from their  doctor proving they never got  a cold in their live .

3. The ship Captain name should start with Z and and with X , captains who changed their name on the last 10 years can not participate.

4. The number of people who are allowed on the ship will be calculate by the fowling simple formula  length of the ship divided by the number of floors multiply by the integral of the ship stern multiply by square root   of -1/2 + image.png.db6b8c2674bb61860aad8ddef1f02169.png  but no more than 10.5 including the crew.

5. The ship will be divided to 4x4 areas to avoid social contact  , each area will be paint with one of 3 different colors while each area can not have a border with an area that has the same color.

You missed a couple...

7.  All internal walls including cabin walls need to removed so the inside of the ship  is one large space.  In addition all exterior windows need to be removed and all decks above removed so essentially everywhere on the ship is outdoors at all times.  Maska are required while any passenger or crew is indoors including but not limited to indoor spaces that are now outdoor spaces.  

8. Test cruises will be comprised of inmates from maximum security prisons who have been granted pardons. In the event there are not enough pardoned inmates available cruise lines may petition prison wardens for unpardoned inmates using form 23.76.162.a which will be created in phase three once all test cruises have been completed in phase two.

9. One doctor for each passenger is required, including a dedicated doctor for each doctor.  Each doctor's doctor shall also have a dedicated doctor.  The doctor's doctor can be another doctor, but the doctor's doctor's doctor can not be a ship's doctor.   Each doctor shall have three nurses.  A ship's doctor can be a doctor for a nurse but a nurse can not be a nurse for a doctor unless they are from the same household.

10.  Any ship that has completed a test cruise can apply for a certificate to sail prior to completing a test cruise but not after completing a test cruise.  A ship can not apply for a certificate to sail prior to completing a test cruise.  Any ship that applies for a certificate to sail prior to completing a test cruise will be disqualified for a period of three years.  Ships that meet all requirements to apply for a certificate to sail must quarantine for a period of 2 months after receiving their certificate to sail before they can submit an application to quarantine.  Once they have completed the quarantine period they can apply for a waiver to not quarantine unless they already have received a certificate to sail.  

There was a time when I could have looked at all those posts on April 1st and thought .... thank god its a joke ... unfortunately this is not that time.

Who would have thought that after all the bad press Nassau has gotten over the years as a crappy cruise port I would be sitting here ecstatic that I have plans to fly to Nassau for a cruise ...

27 minutes ago, mattymay said:

It's come down to the final two.. who will hold out the longest? The CDC or the Australian Government? Place your bets!!

I vote the CDC ... they know once they let cruises resume they are back to being irrelevant ... the Australian government has it better than that ... they still get to boss around the Australians ?

9 minutes ago, jticarruthers said:

I vote the CDC ... they know once they let cruises resume they are back to being irrelevant ... the Australian government has it better than that ... they still get to boss around the Australians ?

Man if I was Michael Bailey I would have extended Quantum out Singapore into 2022, shown the Aus government who's runs this town!

@Jill and the award for the most ludicrous comment ever goes to - 'The mayor said she was "impressed by the director's knowledge of the industry and her empathy to the economic hardships that the loss of this business has caused."'

IF the Director had any knowledge or empathy her comments during the meeting with Senator Murkowski would have been entirely different.

I would go as far to say that any regular user on the Royal Caribbean Blog has more knowledge about the Cruise Industry.

Updated CDC info:

Updated Information for Travelers

• Fully vaccinated travelers are less likely to get and spread COVID-19.
  • People who are fully vaccinated with an FDA-authorized vaccine can travel safely within the United States:
    • Fully vaccinated travelers do not need to get tested before or after travel unless their destination requires it
    • Fully vaccinated travelers do not need to self-quarantine
  • Fully vaccinated travelers should still follow CDC’s recommendations for traveling safely including:
    • Wear a mask over your nose and mouth
    • Stay 6 feet from others and avoid crowds
    • Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer

I like this one:

Fully vaccinated travelers do not need to get tested before or after travel unless their destination requires it

Yet the USA requires testing to enter the country even if vaccinated.

12 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Updated CDC info:

• Fully vaccinated travelers are less likely to get and spread COVID-19.
  • People who are fully vaccinated with an FDA-authorized vaccine can travel safely within the United States:
    • Fully vaccinated travelers do not need to get tested before or after travel unless their destination requires it
    • Fully vaccinated travelers do not need to self-quarantine
  • Fully vaccinated travelers should still follow CDC’s recommendations for traveling safely including:
    • Wear a mask over your nose and mouth
    • Stay 6 feet from others and avoid crowds
    • Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer

I like this one:

Fully vaccinated travelers do not need to get tested before or after travel unless their destination requires it

Yet the USA requires testing to enter the country even if vaccinated.

Air travel and social distancing. Now thats a joke. I have been on multiple flights over the last year and every time i am sitting inches from someone. Just goes to show you how much of CDC recommendations are NOT based on true Science and data

Here's the international guidance, which isn't as rosy to return to cruising. In fact there's nothing here that makes me think cruising is happening any time soon.  Apparently the variants are only a concern outside the USA.

Fully vaccinated travelers are less likely to get and spread COVID-19. However, international travel poses additional risks and even fully vaccinated travelers are at increased risk for getting and possibly spreading new COVID-19 variants.

CDC recommends delaying international travel until you are fully vaccinated.

If you are fully vaccinated with an FDA-authorized vaccine:

• You should continue to follow CDC’s recommendations for traveling safely and get tested 3-5 days after travel.
  • You do NOT need to get tested before leaving United States unless your destination requires it.
  • You do NOT need to self-quarantine after arriving in the United States.

14 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Here's the international guidance, which isn't as rosy to return to cruising. In fact there's nothing here that makes me think cruising is happening any time soon.  Apparently the variants are only a concern outside the USA.

Fully vaccinated travelers are less likely to get and spread COVID-19. However, international travel poses additional risks and even fully vaccinated travelers are at increased risk for getting and possibly spreading new COVID-19 variants.

If you are fully vaccinated with an FDA-authorized vaccine:

• You should continue to follow CDC’s recommendations for traveling safely and get tested 3-5 days after travel.
  • You do NOT need to get tested before leaving United States unless your destination requires it.
  • You do NOT need to self-quarantine after arriving in the United States.

So basically "We don't know so let's assume the worse because making assumptions is what we do".

I don't know...the fact that it says they recommend delaying international travel UNTIL fully vaccinated is encouraging to me. That combined with the "no need to self-quarantine after arriving in the U.S." seems to me like maybe they are ok with RCI's policy of only allowing vaccinated individuals to cruise.

12 minutes ago, bryresangel said:

I don't know...the fact that it says they recommend delaying international travel UNTIL fully vaccinated is encouraging to me. That combined with the "no need to self-quarantine after arriving in the U.S." seems to me like maybe they are ok with RCI's policy of only allowing vaccinated individuals to cruise.

But it uses the "variant" buzzword even though the variants most mentioned have been in the USA for six months or more.

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

If you're fully vaccinated, what's the difference if your plane/ship/train crosses the U.S. border? Suddenly it becomes less safe? 

There is no difference but you alway need an exit strategy.  By saying international travel poses additional risks and even fully vaccinated travelers are at risk that could allow the CDC to keep the CSO in place until November 1st. 

That is probably their exit to keep cruising shut down in this country.  The CDC realizes many Americans are done sitting at home and we are vaccinating over 3 million Americans every day so they are throwing  in the towel on domestic travel, but by inserting that caveat about international travel that gives them a way out when someone like DeSantis  or the Mayor of Miami demands an explanation as to way cruising remains suspended in this country.  Cruising is considered international travel so while I'm encourage I'm also concerned that this new guidance won't help cruise lines.

and yet, millions of Americans have been flying since the pandemic with little to no social distancing and masks of course but when you eat or drink on plane you can take off masks because everyone knows Covid doesnt spread when people take off masks to eat/drink. yet, we have never heard of air travel as being super spreaders or major vectors of Covid spread. 

But yet, CDC cant release any new guidance on cruising all the while turning a blind eye to air industry

7 hours ago, Traveler said:

2. People who want to cruise will need to bring a letter from their  doctor proving they never catch  a cold in their life .

6 hours ago, twangster said:

You missed a couple...

7.  All internal walls including cabin walls need to removed so the inside of the ship  is one large space.  In addition all exterior windows need to be removed and all decks above removed so essentially everywhere on the ship is outdoors at all times.  Maska are required while any passenger or crew is indoors including but not limited to indoor spaces that are now outdoor spaces.  

8. Test cruises will be comprised of inmates from maximum security prisons who have been granted pardons. In the event there are not enough pardoned inmates available cruise lines may petition prison wardens for unpardoned inmates using form 23.76.162.a which will be created in phase three once all test cruises have been completed in phase two.

9. One doctor for each passenger is required, including a dedicated doctor for each doctor.  Each doctor's doctor shall also have a dedicated doctor.  The doctor's doctor can be another doctor, but the doctor's doctor's doctor can not be a ship's doctor.   Each doctor shall have three nurses.  A ship's doctor can be a doctor for a nurse but a nurse can not be a nurse for a doctor unless they are from the same household.

10.  Any ship that has completed a test cruise can apply for a certificate to sail prior to completing a test cruise but not after completing a test cruise.  A ship can not apply for a certificate to sail prior to completing a test cruise.  Any ship that applies for a certificate to sail prior to completing a test cruise will be disqualified for a period of three years.  Ships that meet all requirements to apply for a certificate to sail must quarantine for a period of 2 months after receiving their certificate to sail before they can submit an application to quarantine.  Once they have completed the quarantine period they can apply for a waiver to not quarantine unless they already have received a certificate to sail.  

@twangsterand @Traveler apply world class instructional satire that exceeds that of the Onion and Babylon Bee in a world where their headlines no longer appear absurd.