Emergency Numbers

Shelly

Per the below page, you can call (888) 724-7447 to reach the ship from land.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=267&faqSubjectId=337

Further, if you're purchasing Voom, and will be cruising in an area with Voom coverage (Caribbean, Med, etc), you can be reached via Skype, WhatsApp, or other VoIP apps.  If you have a major US carrier, and a newer iPhone or Android device, you may have WiFi calling, which, if connected to Voom, will allow you to make and receive calls and texts.

I searched all my edocs before my cruise and could not come up with an emergency number. I also searched the web site. Finally I pulled the only number I could find. Was very happy to find out I got FB messages and texts on my airplane mode phone while we had Voom. So a death of a distant relative (no emergency, just sad news) was received in minutes. Obviously I guess I'm not a very good searcher of the website.

I searched all my edocs before my cruise and could not come up with an emergency number. I also searched the web site. Finally I pulled the only number I could find. Was very happy to find out I got FB messages and texts on my airplane mode phone while we had Voom. So a death of a distant relative (no emergency, just sad news) was received in minutes. Obviously I guess I'm not a very good searcher of the website.

Searching is a skill learned over time :-)

I know many cruiselines include w/ your cruise docs business card looking things containing the ship's contact info that you can hand out to family.  I didn't notice RCCL doing this.  

Personally, I would not rely on any cruise line's emergency number. My father-in-law tried this while we were on a Disney cruise and we never received the message. He finally reached us by text. Thus we simply rely on our cell phones now. Texting is usually easy and relatively cheap.

We are sailing in 4 days!!  Some of my family is going and some are not able.  If we have an emergency at home how would the family members be able to get in touch with us?

Your asking this question in addition to it coming up before contributed to the inspiration of the below post that has a nice summary of ways to keep in touch onboard.

http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/07/27/how-stay-touch-someone-your-royal-caribbean-cruise