Where exactly will Adventure dock?

My apologies if this has already been discussed but I couldn’t find it anywhere. We’ve been to Nassau a few times. Obviously they can handle a bunch of ships visiting for the day, but where exactly will Adventure dock? I’m just trying to envision how they will handle security, luggage, etc. Is there an actual cruise terminal?

58 minutes ago, Biff215 said:

My apologies if this has already been discussed but I couldn’t find it anywhere. We’ve been to Nassau a few times. Obviously they can handle a bunch of ships visiting for the day, but where exactly will Adventure dock? I’m just trying to envision how they will handle security, luggage, etc. Is there an actual cruise terminal?

Nassau cruise terminal is at Prince George Wharf, located on island's northern coast. 

Not dumb at all and a question a number of people have on their mind.

Ultimately we don't know. 

They could put up a tent.  That seems questionable at first mention but Cape Liberty in Bayonne, NJ used a tent before the current terminal building was constructed so it's not unheard of.  

There were warehouse buildings near the security building but they may be gone now. 

The area is and has been under construction as part of the port expansion project.  Work began in July 2020 and continues but slowed down due to the pandemic.

https://www.caribjournal.com/2019/08/29/bahamas-cruise-project/

It's not clear if any of the port redevelopment project will be completed in time to aid embarkations in Nassau.  It was supposed to take two years to complete.  

Keep in mind the ship will be at reduced capacity so it will not be like a normal Florida embarkation pre-CV.  

Following check in appointments will be critical to spread arriving passengers over a few hours.  

Time will tell. 

34 minutes ago, twangster said:

Not dumb at all and a question a number of people have on their mind.

Ultimately we don't know. 

They could put up a tent.  That seems questionable at first mention but Cape Liberty in Bayonne, NJ used a tent before the current terminal building was constructed so it's not unheard of.  

There were warehouse buildings near the security building but they may be gone now. 

The area is and has been under construction as part of the port expansion project.  Work began in July 2020 and continues but slowed down due to the pandemic.

https://www.caribjournal.com/2019/08/29/bahamas-cruise-project/

It's not clear if any of the port redevelopment project will be completed in time to aid embarkations in Nassau.  It was supposed to take two years to complete.  

Keep in mind the ship will be at reduced capacity so it will not be like a normal Florida embarkation pre-CV.  

Following check in appointments will be critical to spread arriving passengers over a few hours.  

Time will tell. 

My guess is it will be a fairly crude terminal by US commercial standards but as long as it gets me on the ship im fine.

We did a European cruise out of Athens a couple of years ago and they had us checking in walking through a huge tent and then straight on the boat ... no problems.

They did have more of a terminal for luggage handling to be fair.

Assuming we are fully checked in on the app, I expect that there will be a luggage drop off area, followed by a scan of your check in on your phone, a quick temp check, and then you will get on the ship.  I assume your key cards will be in the room, or issued at some point during boarding.

I anticipate the first cruise on the 12th to be an absolute cluster F. I think we all need to be mentally prepared of us to be waiting longer than we should. It will probably be the first day on the job for the vast majority of the people working on the check in process unless RCG brings in port agents from FLA which i think is highly unlikely. 

real housewives reality tv GIF

37 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

It will be interesting to see how they do it.  There's really nothing complicated about these cruise terminals, but if nothing else they provide shelter

Agreed. I also think about the massive amount of luggage they deal with both going on the ship and coming off. I wonder if there’s any chance we’ll be carrying it on and off. Wouldn’t be a huge issue for me as long as cabins were ready. 

24 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

Assuming we are fully checked in on the app, I expect that there will be a luggage drop off area, followed by a scan of your check in on your phone, a quick temp check, and then you will get on the ship.  I assume your key cards will be in the room, or issued at some point during boarding.

That sounds about right. Check-in still isn’t available, right? My cruise planner says it is but directs me to the app, then the app says they’re still getting ready. I’m assuming it will be available closer to the 30 day mark. 

Come to think of it, it wasn't that long ago I had to walk over to the Queen Mary in Long Beach, CA to check in before walking back to the terminal geodesic dome to board Carnival ships.  

The dome used to be shared with some sort of adventure game company that had things like laser tag.  I would drop my bags near the parking garage, walk over to the QM for check in then walk back to board the ship.  We weren't let inside the dome until the ship was boarding as there was no waiting area so everyone hung around outside until the ship was ready.  Then we passed through the dome to access the gangway.  I remember looking down into the game area inside the dome as we boarded.

In 2017 or 2018 Carnival took over more of the dome so they didn't need to use the Queen Mary to do check in from that point.

In those days Carnival had their smaller ships based there so it worked.  

3 hours ago, twangster said:

In Nassau, guests would probably best be served by going to the bathroom before heading to the port to check in.

What about someone who has a weak bladder which may be triggered by the excitement of finally being close to getting on a cruise ship? 
Asking for a friend.