Promotions when RC cancel

icf75

Welcome to the message boards!

Since you received a bundled drink package can I assume you are from the UK?  This is not a common promotion in the US.

If you are from the UK we may need to wait until some of our UK based cruisers weigh in since the consumer protection laws are different and might be a factor.  It may depend what options they present if your new cruise also cancels.  

I had my 2020 cruise cancelled before lift + shift existed.  They cancelled and refunded the on-board items to my cards and issued FCC for the fare.  I then had time to wait for black Friday to book drinks packages at a decent price, as RCI had hiked all the prices.  Although recent weeks I've seen cruise planner sales that reduced items back down to black Friday price points (in the uk).

If RCI has packaged the drinks package in with the Headline price, then there lift + shift promise to match prices to next year would need to be honoured.  If its a travel agent that's added it then you may be out of luck, as RCI hasn't guaranteed lift + shift on "bolt ons" ... only RCI can include it as part of the package price (check with travel agent to whether its a promo passed onto them from Royal, or whether they were the ones to sweeten the pot).