Another Cancellation Round Forthcoming??

45 minutes ago, Matt said:

The only thing I'm shocked by is not more ships not cancelled in Europe.

We all get USA, but I thought maybe there was more hope for European cruises.

The thing with Europe is that firstly the EU have had a shockingly poor vaccine rollout thus far, especially when compared to the likes of Israel, the UK and the US. Also a lot of European countries where cruise ships would stop at (Germany, France, Italy) are experiencing third waves and are going back into lockdowns so I think the cruises in Europe this summer will probably be what we’ve seen already which is more targeted restart plans for certain countries, for example Israel cruises for Israelis, UK cruises for Brits.

On 4/6/2021 at 9:44 AM, twangster said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Israel supplied the ship with vaccines.  

At one point I think it was Bayley that stated Israel approached them with the concept of sailing from there, it wasn't Royal's idea originally.

If so, I hope Israel pays their Pfizer bill or that might be a problem!

Pfizer has halted shipments of coronavirus vaccines to Israel in outrage over the country failing to transfer payment for the last 2.5 million doses it supplied to the country, The Jerusalem Post has learned.

https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/banana-republic-pfizer-outraged-israel-failed-to-pay-for-covid-vaccines-664140

10 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

If so, I hope Israel pays their Pfizer bill or that might be a problem!

Pfizer has halted shipments of coronavirus vaccines to Israel in outrage over the country failing to transfer payment for the last 2.5 million doses it supplied to the country, The Jerusalem Post has learned.

https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/banana-republic-pfizer-outraged-israel-failed-to-pay-for-covid-vaccines-664140

Maybe Canada can get their shipments.  I'm sure Canada will pay their bill.

11 minutes ago, Reigert2008 said:

The CDC remains drunk on power they are not interested in creating a safe travel bubble on cruises.

Both Royal and NCL when they resume cruises from ports outside the US have stated all passengers would need to be vaccinated. The CDC knows fully vaccinated individuals can not spread the virus, so even if the CDC were to go a step further and tell cruise lines in addition to 100% vaccinations we want all passengers tested at the port prior to boarding.  Even if the CDC were to go that far and require rapid COVID test I do not think cruise lines would object.   It is almost as though they want to create this environment of zero risk on a cruise ship and since they know its impossible to create a zero risk environment they are determined to just stand in the way and block all efforts to restart cruising.

20 minutes ago, Reigert2008 said:

"Cruise ships were hot spots for Covid outbreaks last year in the early days of the global health crisis, prompting the CDC to issue its no-sail order in mid-March 2020. "

This is so misleading.  

14 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

"Cruise ships were hot spots for Covid outbreaks last year in the early days of the global health crisis, prompting the CDC to issue its no-sail order in mid-March 2020. "

This is so misleading.  

I agree it is misleading because those cruise ships didn't have a choice they were not allowed to dock.  If they had been allowed to dock the number of cases and deaths would have been greatly reduced. But no one wants to have that conversation, the people who made the decision to essentially maroon cruise ships and their passengers in the middle bays and harbors will never be held accountable for their decision. CBS This Morning did a piece on the resumption of cruises in this country and of course they brought up the misleading facts in their lead in piece before sitting down with Richard Fein.  And the message Richard Fein made sure he got out was cruising is safe, in fact with all the protocols cruising is probably the safest form of vacation today.  He pointed out Royal Caribbean since the cruise line has resumed cruising has had more than 100,000 guest sail with them and of that 100,000 only 10 COVID positive cases reported onboard a Royal Caribbean ship.  There is no other form of transportation or vacation destination that can make that assertion. Now with the arrival of the vaccines there is an even greater level of protection available to cruise lines to make sure there are no outbreaks of COVID onboard a ship.  You may still have 1 case here and 1 case there but the chances of an outbreaks is zero or near zero if everyone onboard the ship is 100% fully vaccinated.  

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Duane Fulton said:

After many months they have started to repay for a cruise they canceled. Apparently we'll receive either $38.28 a month or $76.56 a month. Not sure what it'll be till we get it. Will probably be another year - don't know for sure  Duane Fulton

Are you saying that Royal Caribbeans is going to pay you back on a monthly payback plan? 

6 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

A few days before they canceled the July Anthem Norway sailing I canceled all of my cruise planner items.  I received both the funds from the canceled cruise planner purchases, as well as my deposits, in full within 10 days (not business days, just days). This was a week ago.

10 hours ago, Duane Fulton said:

I honestly don't know. On 4/07/ 2021 I received two payments of $38.28 each on my VISA Card account "$76.56. for a cruise booked in 2019, that RC cancelled. That in itself is odd. Was one a carry over from last month? don't know. On Oct. 15th 2020 they had paid back a full $500 for an upgrade that i made on May 26 2020 for a  2nd cruise that they also cancelled. The original cruise I have received $76.56 back. Out travel club returned $900 I paid to them by check for tour bus and hotel expenses. They returned that long ago. RC was paid by credit card directly by me, not the travel club - they did the booking is all - and fighting RC for all of our refunds.  To answer your question? I don't know what RC is doing other than they are in no hurry about it. I'll certainly never cruise again  Duane Fulton

Question, did you book/work directly with Royal or through a third party travel agent/booking site?

I have not had any problems with refunds so far (knock on wood) but in the past have had issues when I was actually booked through a third party not direct and everything had to go back and forth through a "middle man".

40 minutes ago, Duane Fulton said:

I belong to a travel club of retired people. The booking was done by the cruise director -- a VERY HONEST PERSON -- the transportation and hotel were paid for by check to the travel club -- They returned that portion , in full, long ago. The cruise itself was BOOKED by the club. RC MADE THE WITHDRAW DIRECTLY from my credit card. The travel club did the arrangements. NO FUNDS funneled thru the club to RC. The travel club HAS NOT received a refund from RC and "holding it for themselves". I posted a blog on the message board earlier which RC blocked. I don't know why this comment is still here. On my blog virtually every person blamed me, the travel club, some other excuse other than the truth which is, RC just plain and simple, wouldn't make good on a refund for a cruise they canceled. Now I have a question for you: Why did they pay ME back $500 for an update as well as $76.56 "out of $1000+" if it was I that cancelled the cruise? If YOU cancel a cruise, they don't pay back anything. As I said, we were among the 1st to be cancelled when the virus hit- we booked in 2019 for a cruise in 2020. I'm curious to see what will become of other people's vouchers and refunds that were made later than 2019?  Look for a LOT of excuses --   Duane Fulton

Just FYI this board isn't affiliated with Royal Caribbean its a blog board of cruisers who travel on Royal Caribbean.

Wasn't trying to suggest you or anyone did anything wrong, just gathering information on how you booked.

Hmmm... In 9 cancellations the only problems I had was a long wait on the very first. Refunds and FCC's after  that went smooth. Re- bookings haven't been as smooth.  Not the bookings them selves,  Little mystery fees,  terribly sloppy at getting me my receipts.. Asking for more and more deposits and those same deposits being paid back a little questionably. Still nothing "bad" that phone calls couldn't quickly fix and at this time all is caught up and as it should be... 

10 minutes ago, Duane Fulton said:

A Voucher? If you book a cruise that is later cancelled, the cruise line may offer you a future cruise credit, or voucher - same thing. 

If it's the same thing, I suggest we use FCC/Future Cruise Credits in discussions on this topic, just to avoid confusion.  Newbie cruisers might start expecting physical vouchers in their mailboxes.

55 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

If it's the same thing, I suggest we use FCC/Future Cruise Credits in discussions on this topic, just to avoid confusion.  Newbie cruisers might start expecting physical vouchers in their mailboxes.

As I posted already, see this thread.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/22641-refunds/