CDC officially says it is SAFE for fully vaccinated people to travel!

4 hours ago, VACruiser said:

Transportation Worker Identity Card. This card is issued by the United States Transportation Security Administration and the United States Coast Guard. Individuals must have a TWIC to gain access to secure maritime facilities. These often include ships, ferries, dockside warehouses and port customs offices.

In other terms, essentially TSA Precheck for maritime faciltiies.

BIDEN ADMINISTRATION WILL NOT REQURE COVID-19 VACCINE PASSPORTS.

That's the headline and its going to spark numerous questions.

Can a private entity require proof of vaccination or negative COVID test to enter their premises? Yes, according to Fauci when asked and depending on how states deal with this.

The bottom line for cruising is that cruise lines can and very likely will require proof of vaccination AND negative COVID tests (probably PCR) to board. Full stop.

For private entities that do require proof of vaccination, get ready for heaps of complaining, cries of unfairness and claims that there are now two classes of American citizens. You've heard a lot of this before when it came to mask mandates. Desantis has already issued an EO to prevent businesses operating in FL under FL business licenses from mandating vaccines to receive services offered. That WILL NOT affect cruise ships - already discussed. 

I'm not going to get into the pros and cons of this. Just a heads up that we're going to see a battle royal between those that think people should be vaccinated to do stuff and those that don't.    

6 minutes ago, JeffB said:

Just a heads up that we're going to see a battle royal between those that think people should be vaccinated to do stuff and those that don't.    

Oh, that's already happening on social media.

13 minutes ago, JeffB said:

BIDEN ADMINISTRATION WILL NOT REQURE COVID-19 VACCINE PASSPORTS.

That's the headline and its going to spark numerous questions.

Can a private entity require proof of vaccination or negative COVID test to enter their premises? Yes, according to Fauci when asked and depending on how states deal with this.

The bottom line for cruising is that cruise lines can and very likely will require proof of vaccination AND negative COVID tests (probably PCR) to board. Full stop.

For private entities that do require proof of vaccination, get ready for heaps of complaining, cries of unfairness and claims that there are now two classes of American citizens. You've heard a lot of this before when it came to mask mandates. Desantis has already issued an EO to prevent businesses operating in FL under FL business licenses from mandating vaccines to receive services offered. That WILL NOT affect cruise ships - already discussed. 

I'm not going to get into the pros and cons of this. Just a heads up that we're going to see a battle royal between those that think people should be vaccinated to do stuff and those that don't.    

I respect Royal’s right to require vaccines but hope that until the vaccine has been given full approval for all ages that they don’t deny children from cruising in the mean time

And while we're on the subject of vaccination passports, the US government can do whatever it wants with this idea. That is not going to stop other governments from imposing the requirement for proof of vaccination to enter their countries. Nothing new here and that has been discussed.

Right now, this is a fast moving ball game. So far in Europe, from my vantage point, the EUC hasn't come out saying vaccine passports are going to be required to travel between EU countries. This is a very sticky subject right now. Personally I want to resume traveling to and within Europe. I'd feel much better about doing that with most airlines and cruise lines seemingly moving towards requiring vaccinations anyway, that those I'm coming in contact with in airports, cruise terminals and other public spaces that most are vaccinated.   

IOW, I'm subrogating my concerns over the potential vulnerability of my health information to my wish to travel.

24 minutes ago, UNCFanatik said:

I respect Royal’s right to require vaccines but hope that until the vaccine has been given full approval for all ages that they don’t deny children from cruising in the mean time

They've already made clear they won't be doing any such thing. The sailings on offer out of Bermuda and Nassau (and St. Maarten for Celebrity) already allow children under 18; they just need a negative Covid test prior to boarding. If that's the policy now, I highly doubt they'd change it when actual sailings out of US ports finally resume. I think even the CDC protocols couldn't force them to make that kind of change; but you can bet that if they somehow did, Royal would put that blame squarely on the CDC and make it very clear that it's not their choice and you can look at the cruises already on offer to see how they want kids on board.

53 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

privacy and civil liberty concerns

Privacy would not be an issue since HIPPA compliance would need to be adhered to. Inasmuch, the only info and requirement needed would be if the passenger was vaccinated against COVID. As a passenger, you give the cruise line more information about youself than you realized pre-covid.

As for civil liberties concern, which would be privacy, explained above. You protect privacy every day by ensuring that personally identifiable information is appropriately gathered, documented, used, retained, and shared. Generally speaking, personally identifiable information includes data that can be used to identify a specific individual, such as an individual’s name, home address, credit card information or social security number, which cruise lines already have this information as you, the passenger, trusted the cruise line and provided this information to them. Insofar, the concern of privacy is a moot argument.

Final point, if you are on Facebook and/or any message boards including THIS board, you have already disclosed your private information and most do not realize it. Just by reading this, your name and home address is known. Big Brother is always watching.

And so I ask, what is the issue by letting the cruise lines know you have been vaccinated unless you have an ulterior motive or hiding something.

8 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

And so I ask, what is the issue by letting the cruise lines know you have been vaccinated unless you have an ulterior motive or hiding something.

The question was about a vaccine passport mandate, not voluntarily letting someone (in this case, a cruise line) know you're vaccinated.

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

if the CDC was going to mandate vaccines, they would have in their CSO update.  Instead they just "recommend" one when "available to them" (key wording for youth vaccines, IMO)

I’m not convinced CDC mandating vaccine is off the table yet

8 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

The question was about a vaccine passport mandate, not voluntarily letting someone (in this case, a cruise line) know you're vaccinated.

I'll rephrase it. What is the issue with the vaccine passport mandate which will be used to verify to the cruise lines that you have been vaccinated against COVID?

14 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

I'll rephrase it. What is the issue with the vaccine passport mandate which will be used to verify to the cruise lines that you have been vaccinated against COVID?

It's a much bigger question than just cruise lines. It's the thought that everything you do in public will be dictated by your having a passport or not. But further discussion outside the scope of cruising isn't necessary for this board.

18 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

It's a much bigger question than just cruise lines. It's the thought that everything you do in public will be dictated by your having a passport or not. But further discussion outside the scope of cruising isn't necessary for this board.

I'm sure after reading the below article, you will no longer have to worry:

Covid: US rules out federal vaccine passports

Published
3 hours ago