Timing of Notification of Cancled Cruise?

I clicked through a bunch and tried a search or two but didn’t find a clear answer.  We’re trying to figure out how close to the June 19th sail date RC can get before canceling. Recently it seems they are one month at a time and announce with about 45 days before the start of the month.  They have canceled though May 31st so may be mid April they’d announce June cancels...?

Would you agree that’s likely what we’re looking at?  It would be a bit challenging for us to plan to be on vacation with less than a few weeks notice.  Our jobs require several weeks notice to take a week off.  We REALLY want this cruise to happen, but doubt it will.  If we take the time off and they cancel we are stuck home with no plans... just trying to figure out how to play this!

56 minutes ago, FoxboroCruiser said:

Was that formally announced?  I agree that’s likely the case, but I was really asking when an announcement might be made.  May be I missed it?

There have been no official announcements from Royal and I think it’s unproductive for things to be stated as fact when they are not.  I think we all know the current status of cruising from US ports and are frustrated at the lack of information.  

here’s the link to the Royal page about the status of everything.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates

@Mattwrote a post about the “cancellation schedule” and basically, it’s not standard and fluctuates wildly.  Of course, I cannot find the post at the moment.

stay safe

7 hours ago, FoxboroCruiser said:

Was that formally announced?  I agree that’s likely the case, but I was really asking when an announcement might be made.  May be I missed it?

In order for cruises to restart for the general public, all conditions of the CSO must be met and as of today, it will not be as the CDC has not given further guidance nor have they been forthcoming with information. The U.S. is no closer to cruises resuming than they were six months ago. That is why RCG took matters into their own hands by homeporting elsewhere which was a smart move. CHECKMATE CDC !!

32 minutes ago, Matt said:

Great article, very helpful - thanks Matt!  Seems like we'd have a least a month's notice, which may be enough for us.  I guess I have to now start trying to figure out /what and when to rebook...  The price of  balcony cabin on the Bermuda sailing we have planned has gone as high as $1800 and as low as $950.  Timing is everything!

8 hours ago, FoxboroCruiser said:

I guess I have to now start trying to figure out /what and when to rebook...  The price of  balcony cabin on the Bermuda sailing we have planned has gone as high as $1800 and as low as $950.  Timing is everything!

We are booked June 19 out of Tampa & August 1 out of PC. Both sailings were at incredible prices. I am going to lift and shift if offered to at least take advantage of my incredible pricing. I am not happy at all with the FCC games, absolutely disgusted to put it mildly.  But again, only if this program is offered again my comparable August sailing is more than double the price so who knows. Positive thoughts....

Has lift and shift still consistently been an option for canceled cruises? We have an August cruise on Symphony from Miami that we got a great deal on. I would absolutely prefer to lift and shift to next summer if it gets canceled, but I'm nervous that option won't be available the longer this all drags on.

1 hour ago, dandi799 said:

Has lift and shift still consistently been an option for canceled cruises? We have an August cruise on Symphony from Miami that we got a great deal on. I would absolutely prefer to lift and shift to next summer if it gets canceled, but I'm nervous that option won't be available the longer this all drags on.

I doubt L&S is/will be a consistent option. I think it was implemented to ensure they would have a decent amount of bookings post-pandemic. Given all the restrictions, I.e the time frame, only one L&S per cruise etc., I cannot see it still being in play. There is no incentive for RCG to do anything but cruise with confidence since the CSO from the CDC expires on Nov 1st.

You’d think having two cruises canceled (June 2020 and June 2021) would count for something...lift and shift is the least they could do ? We will likely have to push to June 2022 so we can wait for the price to be right if we have to, but they better not think I’m putting down a third deposit when the first two times ended in cancelations.  

On 4/1/2021 at 8:24 PM, FoxboroCruiser said:

I clicked through a bunch and tried a search or two but didn’t find a clear answer.  We’re trying to figure out how close to the June 19th sail date RC can get before canceling. Recently it seems they are one month at a time and announce with about 45 days before the start of the month.  They have canceled though May 31st so may be mid April they’d announce June cancels...?

Would you agree that’s likely what we’re looking at?  It would be a bit challenging for us to plan to be on vacation with less than a few weeks notice.  Our jobs require several weeks notice to take a week off.  We REALLY want this cruise to happen, but doubt it will.  If we take the time off and they cancel we are stuck home with no plans... just trying to figure out how to play this!

Our May 16th was canceled on March 9th

On 4/1/2021 at 8:40 PM, FoxboroCruiser said:

You will receive an email from RC if it's been cancelled. Nothing was in the media before we got the email so keep a look out in your Inbox.

1 hour ago, MMiles04 said:

You will receive an email from RC if it's been cancelled. Nothing was in the media before we got the email so keep a look out in your Inbox.

If you’ve used a travel agent the email may go to your travel agent as well.  We’ve had some come to us and some to our agent. Could be a concern if your original agent has left the agency temporarily like ours has.  We have a new one with the agency, but it’s something to think about.

Damn.  In 2019 our Cuba cruise got impacted by politics.  We took the 50% credit and booked a June cruise on Adventure to Bermuda for the following year.  COVID hit and that cruise was canceled.  We rescheduled on Freedom for 2021 thinking we’d be fine over a year later... nope.  Now we are looking at 2022.  It’s a long wait to take a much needed vacation!