Anthem Itineries CANCELLED

As of 8am (GMT) Royal have cancelled Anthem of the Seas itineraries and will "re-debut" uk itineraries.

BIG PROBLEM - they haven't specified which sailings are impacted, on the email!!!!

I'm presuming both my June and July sailings are gone bit I would have expected more than one email?  Normally when they send itinerary update emails I get one per passenger as well....so far just one email!

20 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

4th June to 29th August.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/gbr/en/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates

They are also apparently offering 999 free staterooms on these sailings for workers in the emergency services, NHS, social care sector and armed forces.

Thanks for posting this. I have one booked on 23rd September and wondered if it had been cancelled. Not just yet anyway!

Just rung Royal and they were next to useless...they only know what the Royal higher ups have told us ... although I seemed to know more than them.

Apart from the operator sounding still asleep, they couldn't advise on anything (expediting FCC, new sail dates, the ability to transfer sailings to the new ones like Viking cruisers were able to do).  They didn't even know that Anthem was sailing out of Southampton with new itineraries...

Royal really need to IMPROVE ... they've had over a year to get better with FCC and haven't, they need to have got there ducks in a row before "re-debuting" the Anthem...

They said it was a "difficult" decision to make ... blah blah blah ... so difficult they took all of 2 seconds to make and work the rest out as we go....Poor, very poor

1 hour ago, em.down.the.rabbit.hole said:

Wonder if St John's Ambulance volunteers will be included in those free staterooms...we are included as part of the Blue Light Card (discount card) which Royal is one of those discounts...?

looks like it's limited to NHS and armed forces, you could argue what social care sector covers, booking starts 7th April

"in recognition of the tremendous efforts of the emergency services, National Health Service (NHS), social care sector and armed forces over the last year, Royal Caribbean will offer 999 free staterooms on its first Ocean Getaways to those UK residents in these professions."

4 hours ago, em.down.the.rabbit.hole said:

How long was it after announcement of Adventure OTS to booking opening up, before the cruise dates came out?

I know prices weren't available until booking opened up.

It was a week. But since we knew the first cruise date and all were 7 night cruises, it was easy to project out

3 hours ago, em.down.the.rabbit.hole said:

So anyone with a Blue Light Card can apply for the draw for one of the 999 free staterooms,  this includes St John's Ambulance....exciting

Definitely worth registering for it then. Good luck!

MSC have been doing something similar on their cruises here in Europe, offering 2nd passenger free for healthcare people, so that's something else to watch out for, in case they do the same with their UK sailings. 

6 minutes ago, em.down.the.rabbit.hole said:

@Matt can you lift and shift the entire group cruise to next year?

I tried to convince @Matt to book Anthem 07/08/2022 with @GregD and I.  We were booked on the Anthem GC for this July but when they released the Europe itineraries before Christmas, and I saw a very similar itinerary in 2022 with a lower rate, I booked it.

Unofficial GC? lol

@em.down.the.rabbit.hole Link to MSC's UK offer for health sector workers https://www.msccruises.co.uk/cruise-deals/health-workers

Looks to me like you would be eligible for that too: "- Healthcare Volunteers (Ambulance, Social services) who offered their support during the Covid-19 emergency"

5 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Definitely worth registering for it then. Good luck!

MSC have been doing something similar on their cruises here in Europe, offering 2nd passenger free for healthcare people, so that's something else to watch out for, in case they do the same with their UK sailings. 

Msc already has NHS discount in place for cruises, 50% off or something like that

4 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I tried to convince @Matt to book Anthem 07/08/2022 with @GregD and I.  We were booked on the Anthem GC for this July but when they released the Europe itineraries before Christmas, and I saw a very similar itinerary in 2022 with a lower rate, I booked it.

Unofficial GC? lol

I'm on the Anthem next August, but I think your date above is 8th July?

3 hours ago, FionaMG said:

@em.down.the.rabbit.hole Link to MSC's UK offer for health sector workers https://www.msccruises.co.uk/cruise-deals/health-workers

Looks to me like you would be eligible for that too: "- Healthcare Volunteers (Ambulance, Social services) who offered their support during the Covid-19 emergency"

Unfortunately, this looks more for hospital staff, I'm more in the voluntary health area side of things.  But thanks for flagging and I'm sure there are others that will find this of use (and well deserved).