Odyssey U.S. Inaugural Sailing Nov. 11, 2021 Moved and Shortened

We're reaching out to you with an important change to your clients' upcoming November 11th, 2021 Odyssey of the Seas cruise.

Odyssey of the Seas will complete its inaugural season in Haifa, Israel October 2021. Upon making its transatlantic voyage to Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Odyssey will host a series of welcome events and as a result, we've had to make some modifications to our itinerary planning. Regrettably, this means your clients' cruise has been cancelled.

We know the chance to sail on our newest ship's first North American voyage is special and understand how much time and effort goes into planning their vacation. We're terribly sorry for the inconvenience. However, the good news is, Odyssey of the Seas will still offer its first sailing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida - just departing on a different day with a modified itinerary. So, starting April 14th, 2021, we'll automatically move them to the November 15th, 2021 Odyssey of the Seas cruise.

While we know they'll have a great time onboard Odyssey of the Seas, their vacation is important to us and we want them to have the flexibility to make the best decision. Below are their options.

Option 1: Stay onboard the newly redeployed 5-Night Labadee & Perfect Day cruise. Below, please find our new itinerary:

Date

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

11/15

Mon

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

5:00 PM

11/16

Tue

Perfect Day at CocoCay

7:00 AM

5:00 PM

11/17

Wed

Cruising

11/18

Thu

Labadee, Haiti

8:00 AM

6:00 PM

11/19

Fri

Cruising

11/20

Sat

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

5:00 AM

What they'll receive:

• Beginning April 14th, 2021, we'll move them to the same stateroom on our November 15th, 2021 Odyssey of the Seas sailing. So, there's nothing for you to do!
  • Their original stateroom category price will either be protected at their original cruise fare rate or reduced to the current cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If they were already paid in full and their cruise fare rate decreases, we'll provide them with a refund if there is any difference in pricing. They can expect to receive their refund to their original form of payment 45 days after we move them. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on their financial institution.
  • To sweeten the offer, they'll receive a credit to spend onboard per stateroom:
    • $100 USD for Interior, Ocean View, and Balcony staterooms | $200 USD for Suites
  • And, they'll also be reimbursed for non-refundable airline charges with receipts (up to $200 USD per guest for Domestic flights or up to $400 USD per guest for International flights).
  • Plus, you'll receive protected commission.

Option 2: Re-book one of the following 8-Night Southern Caribbean itineraries onboard Odyssey of the Seas sailing to George Town, Grand Cayman, Oranjestad, Aruba, and Willemstad, Curacao on:

December 4th, 2021; January 15th, 2022; or January 29th, 2022

What they'll receive:

• Their original stateroom category will be price protected at the original cruise fare rate, excluding taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If their booking was already paid in full and their cruise fare rate decreases, we'll provide them with a refund if there is a price difference. They can expect to receive their refund to their original form of payment 45 days after we move them. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on their financial institution.
  • To sweeten the offer, they'll receive a credit to spend onboard per stateroom:
    • $100 USD for Interior, Ocean View, and Balcony staterooms | $200 USD for Suites
  • And, they'll also be reimbursed for non-refundable airline charges with receipts (up to $200 USD per guest for Domestic flights or up to $400 USD per guest for International flights).
  • Plus, you'll receive protected commission.

Option 3: Re-book any other Royal Caribbean International sailing

• If they prefer to re-book another sailing not included in Option 1 or Option 2, we'll waive any non-refundable deposit change fees.
  • Please know, they'll be responsible for any difference in pricing for their cruise fare, taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If their booking was already paid in full and their cruise fare rate decreases, we'll provide them with a refund if there is a price difference. They can expect to receive their refund to their original form of payment 45 days after we move them. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on their financial institution.
  • They'll also be reimbursed for non-refundable airline charges with receipts (up to $200 USD per guest for Domestic flights or up to $400 USD per guest for International flights).
  • And, your commission will be based on the revised cruise fare paid.

Option 4: If they can't find a new cruise itinerary that works for them and choose to cancel, we'll be sad to see them go.

• We'll process a full refund of any paid portion of their cruise fare to the original form(s) of payment, including any non-refundable deposit.
    • They can expect to receive their refund 45 days after they submit their refund request.
  • If they used a Future Cruise Credit on this sailing, and they request a refund instead, we'll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we'll reinstate their original certificate. 
  • Lastly, you'll receive protected commission if the booking is paid in full only.

It's important to us that your clients find the best vacation option. Please call us at 888-281-9344 by April 13th, 2021, if they decide to go with Option 2, 3, or 4. Please know, hold times may be longer than usual. If we haven't heard from you by April 13th, 2021, they'll automatically be moved to the Odyssey of the Seas sailing listed under Option 1.

If you have any questions, please contact us at:

• 1 800 754 500 in Australia
  • 0344 493 4005 in the U.K.
  • 1 866 562 7625 in the U.S. or Canada
  • All other countries, please visit http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contactus for your local Royal Caribbean International office phone number.

Thank you for understanding and support. We hope your clients find another cruise vacation with us. Whether they are celebrating a special occasion or looking to explore, relax, and recharge - we have no doubt their time with us will be nothing short of amazing. We look forward to welcoming them onboard.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

Brand

I just received my email advising me my November 11th cruise has been canceled.  I was so looking forward to that 9 night southern Caribbean cruise and they want to offer me 5 night run of the mill cruise to their private islands.  I'm completely disappointed and not happy with this I'm just going to cancel have them refund the money I've already paid and look for a different cruise to take in November, 5 nights on a cruise ship is not enough.

At least I still have my 7 night Symphony of the Seas October 30th sailing, but now I have to find another cruise and of course prices have gone up for guest looking to book in a grand suite or higher.  Not happy right now with Royal Caribbean, not happy at all I get the excitement surrounding cruising out of Israel but you don't screw over your largest customer base which is here in the U.S. you bring the ship home in time to honor the cruise schedule customers have already booked, you don't cancel a 9 night southern Caribbean cruise and think it is okay to offer me a 5 night cruise with stops at Coco Cay and Labadee.

I am completely disappointed. This will be the second Odyssey cancellation we have had; and the change to a five night just isn't right to me. I know that booking a cruise during the pandemic was a fools errand, especially with the number of other cancellations I have had. I was however, really looking forward to this trip. It was the make up for the Hawaiian cruise, and then the first odyssey being cancelled. 

We have three other staterooms that were booked at the same time, all the cabins together; excursions and drink packages bought during the holiday sale. I doubt they will honor the prices if we opt for one of the eight night cruises. 

7 minutes ago, twangster said:

I hear you.  This is my 7th Odyssey cancellation where Royal cancelled the cruise (not me).  

Still waiting to understand how price protection works when the new cruise isn't available to book and it's much shorter.  

Time will tell.  

Part of me sarcastically thinks the nine night will not be much difference in price than the five night they are offering. 

1 hour ago, JasonOasis said:

u bring the ship home in time to honor the cruise schedule customers have already booked, you don't cancel a 9 night southern Caribbean cruise and think it is okay to offer me a 5 night cruise with stops at Coco Cay and Labadee.

I completely agree, inexcusable! This was my last fully paid for cruise, I am just going to roll up all my FCC and sit on them or ask for a refund. I feel so insulted.

31 minutes ago, columbus_cruiser said:

Part of me sarcastically thinks the nine night will not be much difference in price than the five night they are offering. 

I think you are right because there is nothing in the email that even address the price difference.   I think what they are going to do is advise customers of the price after April 13th, 2021.  Any customer who has not responded to this email prior to April 13 Royal Caribbean will just adjust your cruise and assume you are okay with the 5 night private island cruise.  At the very least this email should have included pricing for every stateroom category on the 5 night cruise the fact they don't even tell customers the new pricing is unacceptable because we know Royal Caribbean already knows the pricing so why not inform customers already booked of the new pricing. 

Originally in 2018 or 2019 I forgot when Odyssey went on sail I booked a 9 night May 2021 European cruise.  I moved that cruise in 2020 because I knew by October 2020 Europe would not be open to American tourist in May of 2021 and Royal would cancel Odyssey's European season, so I move the cruise to November 11th a 9 night in an owners suite. Now that cruise isn't happening, my next cruise booked on Odyssey is May 2022 we are once again trying for a European Cruise. 

9 minutes ago, JasonOasis said:

I think you are right because there is nothing in the email that even address the price difference.   I think what they are going to do is advise customers of the price after April 13th, 2021.  Any customer who has not responded to this email prior to April 13 Royal Caribbean will just adjust your cruise and assume you are okay with the 5 night private island cruise.  At the very least this email should have included pricing for every stateroom category on the 5 night cruise the fact they don't even tell customers the new pricing is unacceptable because we know Royal Caribbean already knows the pricing so why not inform customers already booked of the new pricing. 

There are a lot of things going on with RCL that are not friendly to the customers. I wish they would have included the fares; it would make this decision easier. As of right now, I am thinking of suggesting to all of the people booked with us that we cancel, get the money back and then cruise when things stabilize. There are way too many variables for me in cruising. Plus it's a full time job to try and figure out Royal's math on FCC/Refunds and I don't have it in me to try and work through all the differences.

21 minutes ago, columbus_cruiser said:

Question if we opt for the December eight night cruise none of the cruise planner purchases will transfer over? The sales we got during black Friday will be lost, right?

Yes.  Cruise planner purchases will not move to a different cruise unfortunately.

36 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

When do you think this sailing will be open for booking?

This cruise was nearly sold out, there were no suites, or balconies available and only a handful of ocean view and inside rooms available.  Having said that according to the email any customer who does not respond to Royal Caribbean by April 13th, on April 14th will have their cruise switched over from the 9 night to the 5 night private island cruise.  I would imagine the cruise would then go on sail around April 15th or April 16th.  It shouldn't take Royal to long to move guests reservations over and then depending on how many people stay with the cruise and how many change cruises conduct inventory and release the newly available staterooms.  

I call today and I inquired about the the 3 replacement cruises they offered December 4th, 2021, January 15, 2022, and January 29, 2022 and there were no suites availability not even junior suites.  I would have settled for the junior suite and gone after the upgrade to a larger suite but the agent put me on hold to contact revenue management  she came back and  said revenue management checked and they  told her they were not hold back any suite they were 100% sold out I was like forget.  The Crown and Anchor agent was very apologetic on the phone and was very nice and patience with me.  I had been looking for a January 2022 cruise I saw a a great rate on a Aqua theater Suite on Harmony of the Seas for a January 30th cruise the rate was so good I was like booked it.  she booked it for me no change fees and she even gave me and my husband each a $100 dollar onboard credit for our Harmony cruise.  I now need to do some research to find a November 2021 cruise because like I said earlier 5 days isn't going to cut it for me.  The problem with November 2021 is there is little to no availability in suites on the cruises my husband and I want to go on.  We've got our work cut out for us for sure to now find a new cruise after our October cruise.

6 hours ago, twangster said:

I expect they'll move guests who don't cancel over first and once that dust settles they'll open it to the general public.  Could be a couple weeks by the sound of it.

I can't wait for this to happen.  If I get on this sailing, it will put me on a back-to-back sailing on the Odyssey.  I'm already booked for the November 20 sailing. 

(Fingers crossed)

The way I read this their offers are an insult! Cut the trip basically in half and offer $100 for the inconvenience? Or book a day shorter one on a "not new" trip?  I'm sorry that is way over the line wrong! I'm dealing with similar with that Mariner issue where they cancelled, made lousy offers then zero contact , confirmation , or anything!  Its hard to stay loyal royal some days... ?

Has anyone else found that when calling into Royal Caribbean.  Customer Service doesn't seem to know what to do.  They are all guessing and hoping it works out.  I booked another cruise leaving in Nov.  They set me up with a completely new reservation and told me I have to wait until my credits come back from this canceled sailing.  Taking us from a 9 day to 5 day is a insult. This is my 4th cruise that has been canceled. I am so over it. I call RC more than I call my family members.  Every time they tell me to call back in a few weeks and things will be fixed. It never is. 

Looks like I'll be on the Odyssey Inaugural Sailing after all. Woot Woot

My very reliable TA, @StephanieH, has gotten me booked for an Inside Stateroom (for now). That puts me on a B2B on the Odyssey for 11/15 and 11/20

You can contact her for details. The US Inaugural sailing is not on the Royal website yet.

858355766_ScreenShot2021-04-07at5_56_37PM.thumb.png.0902ec0761e775fd8d8701cb04facc58.png

Simulated voyages as required under the CSO have to be witnessed by the CDC.  I doubt they have planned test cruises that far out.

Ideally simulated voyages will occur soon, like April or May or as soon as possible so anything being manipulated in the fall doesn't likely have any aspect of test cruises involved.

22 minutes ago, Justwanttocruise said:

Anyone get moved yet? I guess today is the day if you did nothing they are going to switch you over to the 5 day sailing.

To be fair, the wording was "So, starting April 14th, 2021, we'll automatically move them to the November 15th, 2021 Odyssey of the Seas cruise."

I expect not everyone will be moved exactly on April 14 but some may be moved in the days that follow.

16 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

The two-day event is gone?

The two day event still exists presumably for media and travel agents.  It no longer appears in my account as if I was booked on it.

I was on the original 11/11/21 9 night and it is now showing 11/15/21 5 night in "My Cruises" under my account.

13 minutes ago, twangster said:

The two day event still exists presumably for media and travel agents.  It no longer appears in my account as if I was booked on it.

I was on the original 11/11/21 9 night and it is now showing 11/15/21 5 night in "My Cruises" under my account.

See you at the 11/15 sailing!  Is it still considered the "US Inaugural Sailing?"