Need advice on what to do or really not do?

I'm so mad at my wife's work. We have been living through the freaking pandemic, worked right straight through, which in the end is a good thing. But we have our Oasis cruise August 22-29 and her work denied her the time off.  They gave some BS excuse. 

Ok that out of the way. I'm pretty sure we are gonna be cancelled anyway, like 99.9% sure. Should I or could I change this cruise to a week earlier or later? Should I just do nothing because we most likely won't sail anyway? Problem with that is in the off chance we actually end up sailing we are totally screwed. 

What do you think about all this? Any advice before I contact MEI and see what our options are? Thanks and I apologize for my language. I'm just very annoyed. 

24 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I'm so mad at my wife's work. We have been living through the freaking pandemic, worked right straight through, which in the end is a good thing. But we have our Oasis cruise August 22-29 and her work denied her the time off.  They gave some BS excuse. 

Ok that out of the way. I'm pretty sure we are gonna be cancelled anyway, like 99.9% sure. Should I or could I change this cruise to a week earlier or later? Should I just do nothing because we most likely won't sail anyway? Problem with that is in the off chance we actually end up sailing we are totally screwed. 

What do you think about all this? Any advice before I contact MEI and see what our options are? Thanks and I apologize for my language. I'm just very annoyed. 

Are you in US?  It’s nearly  5 months away, why not cancel before final payment? 

p.s. Totally understand your frustration.  Truly a disappointment.

14 minutes ago, Zurc said:

Are you in US?  It’s nearly  5 months away, why not cancel before final payment? 

p.s. Totally understand your frustration.  Truly a disappointment.

Yes, US, live in NJ and sailing from NJ. Oh yeah, you are right, we aren't at final payment yet. I forgot about that because we used FCC but owe like 46 bucks that we still didn't pay. ? I guess we could cancel. I'll email my guy at MEI. Thanks for the suggestion. 

7 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Yes, US, live in NJ and sailing from NJ. Oh yeah, you are right, we aren't at final payment yet. I forgot about that because we used FCC but owe like 46 bucks that we still didn't pay. ? I guess we could cancel. I'll email my guy at MEI. Thanks for the suggestion. 

So you already applied the FCC? That might be an issue at this point. Good thing you have MEI to fight for you. You’ve basically already paid. 

I don’t apply (or my MEI doesn’t) FCC until final payment because you can still take advantage of price drops up until final. Once FCC has been “used/applied” you have to wait for Royal to cancel to get FCC re-issued. 

What I would try and do at this point is try and see if you can cancel, get FCC re-instated, then pick a new date. Your biggest issue is you’ve applied your FCC. 

Hoping for some MEI magic for you. These are weird times. Royal has been somewhat accommodating. 

Good luck! ? 

7 minutes ago, Jill said:

So you already applied the FCC? That might be an issue at this point. Good thing you have MEI to fight for you. You’ve basically already paid. 

I don’t apply (or my MEI doesn’t) FCC until final payment because you can still take advantage of price drops up until final. Once FCC has been “used/applied” you have to wait for Royal to cancel to get FCC re-issued. 

What I would try and do at this point is try and see if you can cancel, get FCC re-instated, then pick a new date. Your biggest issue is you’ve applied your FCC. 

Hoping for some MEI magic for you. These are weird times. Royal has been somewhat accommodating. 

Good luck! ? 

Can't do anything but cancel. It was a lift and shift that was from a cruise that was paid for with FCC. It's a whole big mess but our only option is to cancel. I'm gonna wait though because if cruises aren't started by July then this will be cancelled anyway and I win letting them cancel it. Right or wrong?

6 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Can't do anything but cancel. It was a lift and shift that was from a cruise that was paid for with FCC. It's a whole big mess but our only option is to cancel. I'm gonna wait though because if cruises aren't started by July then this will be cancelled anyway and I win letting them cancel it. Right or wrong?

Right.

I had a symphony for May that we (me and my MEI) knew would be cancelled. It was my 3rd time rescheduling that cruise. My FCC was applied to the previous October symphony and was a pain to get reinstated. 

This time we decided to just move my deposit before final payment (FCC applied) just so she didn’t have to go back and get it reissued. Now I sit and wait for this October symphony. 4th time’s the charm, right? May 2020 to October 2020 to May 2021 to October 2021. ?

6 minutes ago, Jill said:

Right.

I had a symphony for May that we (me and my MEI) knew would be cancelled. It was my 3rd time rescheduling that cruise. My FCC was applied to the previous October symphony and was a pain to get reinstated. 

This time we decided to just move my deposit before final payment (FCC applied) just so she didn’t have to go back and get it reissued. Now I sit and wait for this October symphony. 4th time’s the charm, right? May 2020 to October 2020 to May 2021 to October 2021. ?

Yeah I think, "I think" you are safe for October. I'm pulling for you on that one. August, Oasis out of NJ? No doubt it's not happening. I mean it's gonna a few months for cruises ships to get ready to even start. Also Florida, that will be where it starts when it starts. NY/NJ will come later on. In fact later on as in 2022. 

21 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

When you Lifted and shifted, were you already inside of final payment? Because if so, it might be messy to cancel now. I remember what @JLMoran had said before about being subject to cancellation fees if you are inside or final payment from the original cancellation. 

7 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

When you Lifted and shifted, were you already inside of final payment? Because if so, it might be messy to cancel now. I remember what @JLMoran had said before about being subject to cancellation fees if you are inside or final payment from the original cancellation. 

I think it was after final payment? I think anyway, in pretty sure. Yes actually now that I think about it. 

9 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I think it was after final payment? I think anyway, in pretty sure. Yes actually now that I think about it. 

I could be wrong, but I think @JLMoranhad said that depending on how far inside final payment you were (how close you were to your original sail date) you would be subject to those cancellation fees if you were to cancel now. 

I should clarify now that I think about it. Our May 2020 cruise was cancelled, with FCC we booked Sept. 2020 naively thinking things will be better in a few months. That was cancelled so we lifted and shifted to August 22, 2021. We never lifted and shifted on a whim or fun, we only did it when we were cancelled. I'm gonna stick it out in the hopes that we will be cancelled again and they hopefully will allow us to lift and shift to 2022. Now I have reverse from killing the CDC to rooting for them to not allow cruises. Honestly I don't need to root for that because they ain't allowing for a long, LONG time. I really think their plan legit is November 1st. I think that is the true start date in the US. 

We paid an INSANE amount from our FCC for this August cruise. Like under 1,500 for 2 adults, 1 kid in a Central Park balcony. That is why I'm desperately trying to hang on to this booking, I mean desperately trying to hang on to this booking and fare.