Incompetent Customer Service

How can 4 different reps give me 4 different answers as to my refund from two cancelled cruises??? Also why is RC unable to provide a Cancellation/Confirmation number to refer to when calling to check? Also a company this large is also unable to send an email after a phone chat?? Nothing about this sits right with me and it's beyond frustrating. 

Edited by MMiles04
Wrong word

Not sure what the exact issue is but when you call for issues regarding Refunds/FCC's you must have all of your booking numbers handy before you call so they can track everything by that specific booking number. I've had 10 cruises cancelled this past year and it can be very frustrating but if you have your ducks in a row its usually a lot easier.  

MMiles04  I feel your pain, it was beyond frustrating to talk to customer services. 

I find that with a lot of business lately, not just RCC.

When our Med Cruise was cancelled and we had two staterooms it was horrible.

That is why when booking my next two cruises I listen to these good people and got a wonderful TA from MEI, Shelley!

She has been wonderful and takes that stress away of dealing with RCC.

12 minutes ago, Flopper said:

Not sure what the exact issue is but when you call for issues regarding Refunds/FCC's you must have all of your booking numbers handy before you call so they can track everything by that specific booking number. I've had 10 cruises cancelled this past year and it can be very frustrating but if you have your ducks in a row its usually a lot easier.  

I second this. Even with only one cruise booked at a time, I've taken to keeping records of every "Cruise Vacation Receipt" with notes of the changes each time I get something changed or have the cruise re-priced.

56 minutes ago, MMiles04 said:

Also a company this large is also unable to send an email after a phone chat??

I'm not sure why you are not getting these. Every time I have called RCI's customer service reps, they have sent me an email regarding my changes while I am still on the phone with them to review while I am STILL on the phone with them.

I can understand your frustration completely. I know this doesn't help, but, I have certainly found some CS reps to be more able and helpful than others.

9 hours ago, Flopper said:

I had all the information they needed. 

10 hours ago, MMiles04 said:

How can 4 different reps give me 4 different answers as to my refund from two cancelled cruises??? Also why is RC unable to provide a Cancellation/Confirmation number to refer to when calling to check? Also a company this large is also unable to send an email after a phone chat?? Nothing about this sits right with me and it's beyond frustrating. 

I have a long illustrious history dealing with them and you're not alone. You mention 4? It can easily be 10 different answers (most or all wrong) . I have found though that when enough calls are made you eventually stumble on a rep or two who do get it... Persistence pays... On the no email thing thats one I'm dealing with currently and it is inexcusable. I was cancelled on Mariner and telephone reps said unable to help and had me fill out forms they sent to me to change the date of my sailing. No confirmation or even acknowledgement in over two weeks now. I guess my advice is keep on trying... Somebody somewhere will get it right eventually. 

9 hours ago, SPS said:

I'm not sure why you are not getting these. Every time I have called RCI's customer service reps, they have sent me an email regarding my changes while I am still on the phone with them to review while I am STILL on the phone with them.

I can understand your frustration completely. I know this doesn't help, but, I have certainly found some CS reps to be more able and helpful than others.

It seems to be something relatively new. I have requested email confirmations for over two weeks regarding Mariner cancel/ change and they flat out said they can not and will not send anything! That has me all the way out of my comfort zone... 

8 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I flipped a cruise to the Bahamas just last week and got the confirmation email while still on the phone with the rep.

Mariner cancelled and offered three dates to replace. I selected , filled out forms,  and not a confirmation in writing in over two weeks.  8 other changed cruises  I had multiple  emails , receipts etc. One , like this didn't get emails and was real trouble that eventually got fixed but without the stuff in writing it was a whole lot tougher...