Sailing Hoops Help

Neesa

Please help me to clarify, it is my understanding we need to be vaccinated to sail and must have a negative PCR test 72 hours before embarkation in order to sail, is this correct as of now? 

Where do you guys recommend getting the PCR test for the quickest turn around?

My biggest fear is going to my local Walgreens, taking the test (3 days before of course) and then the angst I would experience waiting to receive the results back IN TIME to sail. Is anyone else concerned about this or am I just an old worry wart? (Not worried about it being positive, worried about timing)

I want to sail, I am super confident we can do it and do it well, this is my only sense of stress, test results not being received in time. Suggestions for alleviating this please? Not sailing is not an option! Thanks everyone,

LET'S SAIL!!

RC does not require a negative PCR test for adults due to being vaccinated.

However, the home port country (like Bahamas), does require a negative PCR test to get in the country (in the case of the Bahamas, only for anyone over 10 years old.)

There are travel-oriented services that will get your PCR tests back quick, but I'm sure it won't be cheap. 

Since there are contradictory PCR requirements between the countries and RC, I hope RC just adopts the requirements the country is using.

I'd love to get clarity from RC (and maybe that's covered in their "we'll let you know 30 days prior" disclaimer) on how to best manage the PCR testing requirement contradiction between the Bahamas and RC.

Those over 10 need a negative PCR test within 5 days of entering the country, but need to apply for the covid visa with that negative result within 24 or 48 (depending where on their website you look) hours of arriving.  

Meanwhile RC requires the negative covid test for all those under 18, but doesn't specify the time frame that negative test needs happen in. This could cause some headaches for those who would prefer to arrive a day or two prior to cruise day, trying to balance the timing of PCR tests for adults that Bahamas requires and PCR test for kids that RC requires.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

On this note, I'm working on a blog post about things someone going on Adventure needs to do between now and the cruise. Look for it this coming week!

Will starting a live blog be one of the recommended steps? Haven’t seen one yet and the first sailing is less than 80 days away. 

4 hours ago, Neesa said:

Please help me to clarify, it is my understanding we need to be vaccinated to sail and must have a negative PCR test 72 hours before embarkation in order to sail, is this correct as of now? 

My biggest fear is going to my local Walgreens, taking the test (3 days before of course) and then the angst I would experience waiting to receive the results back IN TIME to sail. Is anyone else concerned about this or am I just an old worry wart? (Not worried about it being positive, worried about timing)

I want to sail, I am super confident we can do it and do it well, this is my only sense of stress, test results not being received in time. Suggestions for alleviating this please? Not sailing is not an option! Thanks everyone,

LET'S SAIL!!

Neesa, here's a link to pretty current article from one source - I've found it to be very good for all travel related questions. Rapid PCR tests can be obtained but the more quickly you need the results, the more it will cost and themore research it will take on your part to find a location near you that can produce test results in < 48h. I share your concerns over the scary wait for test results when your travel depends on getting one. After reading the article, while it provides some good insight into the process of getting rapid PCR based results it didn't seem to allay concerns I'd have ...... at least you'll be well read on the question.

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/where-to-get-covid-test-travel/

@JeffB I really appreciate that article, thank you for that. My daughter will still need the test I realized, shecwill be 15 and reads alot and fears for her reproductive health in the future thus will not be vaccinated and I won't force her. So at least I will only have to pay for one if these super expensive tests....again I really appreciate the link!

Your welcome Nessa. You may know I'm a retired PA. I'm following the research on C-19 and SARS2 closely. I'm not going to share any of the information in the link below on this forum with you because of the forum rules. But see if you get your daughter to read this.

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20210112/why-covid-vaccines-are-falsely-linked-to-infertility

6 hours ago, Neesa said:

I did my testing for Walgreens for my trip to Aruba at the end of January.  Aruba required proof of a negative test taken within 72 hours prior to entry.  While Walgreens stated it was likely a 48-72 hour turnaround for the test results I ended up getting the results in a little over 24 hours.  Walgreens didn't charge for the test and it was a PCR nasal swab that you administered yourself in the pharmacy drive-thru.  Basically when I took the test I had to just cross my fingers that I got the results in time and that they were negative.  Really doesn't give you much leeway to schedule a backup test.  Absolute worst case scenario is Aruba had testing at the airport, but then you have to quarantine in place until you receive the results.  

First, @JeffB great info and article, thanks. 

4 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Absolute worst case scenario is Aruba had testing at the airport, but then you have to quarantine in place until you receive the results.  

So that would be a lost day or so in the airport? Or hours?

14 hours ago, Matt said:

So that would be a lost day or so in the airport? Or hours?

I don't know as I didn't experience it.  At the airport they had a point of separation for folks that successfully had their health visas with the negative tests and then those that needed testing.  It was my understanding that the testers had to report where they were staying and they were required to go there immediately and quarantine until they received their results. 

From Aruba's website:

• All travelers not showing documentation indicating a negative Molecular COVID-19 test result prior to travel to Aruba as a part of the ED card process will receive a Molecular PCR COVID-19 test at the Airport when arriving in Aruba.
  • The Molecular PCR COVID-19 testing will be followed by a mandatory quarantine at the traveler’s booked accommodations while test results are assessed.
  • The mandatory quarantine while test results are assessed will be up to 24 hours. The health department will make every effort to have results in 6-8 hours in order to minimize the visitor’s time in quarantine.