Changes to C&A Diamond

Was perusing some RC Facebook groups and someone posted the changes to Diamond Plus, so I thought I’d check Diamond. I don’t ever remember having access to the suite lounge or being able to make reservations at coastal kitchen. I did see where the Singapore sailings were loading 4 drinks on your card, but this says 5. Also since when could Diamond access Concierge Club? 

Did RC get a new intern? Can this possibly be right? 

Pressing pause on a few diamond member benefits

We’re thrilled to have you onboard again, and we want to make sure your vacation is full of great moments and memories. As part of our new safety protocols, we need to temporarily suspend a few of your Crown & Anchor® member benefits, such as, the private departure lounge, exclusive top tier event, chef’s choice gift/amenity, entertainment and behind-the-scenes tours, personalized gift/amenity, and Concierge Club access. These suspensions are temporary and the result of adhering to social distance and other health protocols. We’re sorry for any inconvenience this causes. We’ll continue to keep you updated and look forward to reinstating these benefits when possible.

• Priority check-in

• Private departure lounge

• Top-tier events

• Entertainment and behind-the-scenes tours

Your favorites, with a twist

Many of your favorite Crown & Anchor® Society member benefits are still available, though we’ve made a few modifications to align with our healthy return to service protocols, here’s what’s changing:

Diamond Lounge

Lounges will continue to operate, though at a reduced capacity to allow for distancing. But members will now enjoy more drink vouchers – 5 for your tier – cheers! Use them any time at any venue.

Meal with an officer

Getting your chance to mingle with the officers onboard and experience a great meal is still on the itinerary. Now you’ll enjoy a lunch hosted in the Main Dining Room where you’ll be greeted by officers from your sailing.

Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen access

You can still access the Suite Lounge on Oasis Class and Quantum Class ships,but you’ll need a dining reservation at Coastal Kitchen to get in — this allow us to reduce the number of members in the lounge at a time. Each member will also receive $25 to spend on specialty dining during their cruise. 

Learn more at our healthy sail center

Looks more like a form letter meant for D+ and/or P.  Prior to the shutdown:

D have access to the Diamond Lounge

D+ have Concierge Club access listed as a perk but for some cruises with high numbers of D+ that was suspended.  This started in at least 2019, maybe prior.  

P have access to the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen.  

Suite Lounge is not the same as Concierge Club.  

The problem with using Singapore policy and applying it to North America is that it makes a lot of assumptions.

Singapore doesn't have a large number of D+ or P.  There are some but not Florida like numbers relative to the rest of the program.

Giving 4 or 5 drinks to D+/P may not break the bank in Singapore like it could in North America.  Those weren't drinks from a happy hour menu but all bar drinks under $13 so you know every D+ or P would be searching for all drinks that cost $12.99 in North America. ? (that applies to me too)

We know that 80% of Singapore guests have never cruised so the actual number of D+ or P on board Quantum is probably very low so the actual experiences of real D+/P on Quantum is pretty low right now, but there is a lot of extrapolation and assumptions being made.

Bottom line - We don't know what health protocols will be like here and we don't know what CAS perks will be changed here.

I stand corrected:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/03/26/royal-caribbean-temporarily-suspends-certain-crown-and-anchor-society-benefits-health

My approach will be to get on a frickin cruise and just enjoy being on a frickin cruise.  I'll be giving Royal a lot of leeway when it comes to CAS perks in 2021 and probably part of 2022.  

21 minutes ago, twangster said:

Bottom line - We don't know what health protocols will be like here and we don't know what CAS perks will be changed here.

My approach will be to get on a frickin cruise and just enjoy being on a frickin cruise.  I'll be giving Royal a lot of leeway when it comes to CAS perks in 2021 and probably part of 2022.  

Agree.

The extra drink coupons are worth much more than old rules in Diamond Lounge.

56 minutes ago, twangster said:

Looks more like a form letter meant for D+ and/or P.  Prior to the shutdown:

D have access to the Diamond Lounge

D+ have Concierge Club access listed as a perk but for some cruises with high numbers of D+ that was suspended.  This started in at least 2019, maybe prior.  

P have access to the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen.  

Suite Lounge is not the same as Concierge Club.  

The problem with using Singapore policy and applying it to North America is that it makes a lot of assumptions.

Singapore doesn't have a large number of D+ or P.  There are some but not Florida like numbers relative to the rest of the program.

Giving 4 or 5 drinks to D+/P may not break the bank in Singapore like it could in North America.  Those weren't drinks from a happy hour menu but all bar drinks under $13 so you know every D+ or P would be searching for all drinks that cost $12.99 in North America. ? (that applies to me too)

We know that 80% of Singapore guests have never cruised so the actual number of D+ or P on board Quantum is probably very low so the actual experiences of real D+/P on Quantum is pretty low right now, but there is a lot of extrapolation and assumptions being made.

This is on the website now. I’m thinking they made some mistakes on the Diamond one. That was my main question about access to the other lounges and coastal kitchen. 

Agree with ready to get on board. I have higher hopes for October. That’ll be my 5th time rescheduling my Symphony. My others are now  2022. 

I think it's safe to say someone at Royal needs to practise their copy/paste and proofreading skills! ?

I'd be thrilled to have even just the 4 anytime drinks that D on Quantum have been getting. Fresh orange juice at breakfast and maybe a concoction from the vitality cafe in the spa. Hmm, nice.

The new drink offers for Diamond and above are a game changer for some.

In the past I had what I called a hybrid drink package.  I'd buy a few drinks during the day then at Diamond happy hour I'd use those free drinks.  Between a few purchased drinks and happy hour I didn't always need or want a drink package.

Now with 5 or 6 anytime drinks that makes my old hybrid approach obsolete.

How many drinks per day does a person need? (other than @Big Dawg Ron )   

Even if I want to push it and drink 8 drinks per day, all I have to do is buy a couple.  If I choose those wisely, like cheaper beers are purchased and save my coupons for mixed drinks or wine, I'm even further ahead.

This greatly complicates the DX buying strategy.

8 minutes ago, twangster said:

In the past I had what I called a hybrid drink package.  I'd buy a few drinks during the day then at Diamond happy hour I'd use those free drinks.  Between a few purchased drinks and happy hour I didn't always need or want a drink package.

How many drinks per day does a person need? (other than Ron Hiller)   

Even if I want to push it and drink 8 drinks per day, all I have to do is buy a couple.  If I choose those wisely, like cheaper beers are purchased and save my coupons for mixed drinks or wine, I'm even further ahead.

If you can combine a few of these single sentences and elaborate a bit more, you’ll have 6 paragraphs! It could be a short story on how to best use your free drinks! 

18 minutes ago, twangster said:

How many drinks per day does a person need? (other than @Big Dawg Ron )   

I agree, this is huge. 5 drinks for me, and 5 drinks on the wife’s card (who rarely drinks) I am set. 

On 3/26/2021 at 5:38 PM, AlmondFarmer said:

This might have been answered but I missed it. Are the vouchers which now can be used anytime still limited to traditional diamond/suite lounge drink list? Or as I think I read in Singapore where each voucher has a $$ limit? 

They have pulled the post from the website presumably to correct some errors.  

If what we saw remains it was any time at any venue but in Singapore they used the Deluxe Drink Package model where it was subject to the DX cap and anything over required the difference to be paid.  

1 hour ago, twangster said:

It what we saw remains it was any time at any venue but in Singapore they used the Deluxe Drink Package model where it was subject to the DX cap and anything over required the difference to be paid.  

“Pulled the post” = some intern is in trouble and my free drinks just went from 5 to 4. 

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Just to clarify what happened today. 

Royal Caribbean called me and told me the information posted was accidentally posted by them on their website and inaccurate. 

Whether it is 99% inaccurate or 1%, remains to be seen. 

Ultimately, it doesn’t make sense to leave knowingly inaccurate information up that spreads the wrong info.  So I decided to pull it down. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Royal Caribbean called me and told me the information posted was accidentally posted by them on their website and inaccurate. 

I’m not a computer savvy person and I know this isn’t a technology blog. That said, how does something accidentally get posted on a corporate website? I would think those who generate policy/ideas are not the same people who integrate this information into public view. 
Royals explanation to Matt seems like a lame excuse for impulsively publishing new policy before taking the time to realize the implications. 
I’m saying all this with a bit of buyers remorse because my next five sailings I’ll pay the Star Class premium.  Benefits diluted if I get 5 $13 cocktails anytime during the day...plus sneak a few off my wife’s card. 

9 minutes ago, AlmondFarmer said:

I’m not a computer savvy person and I know this isn’t a technology blog. That said, how does something accidentally get posted on a corporate website? I would think those who generate policy/ideas are not the same people who integrate this information into public view. 
Royals explanation to Matt seems like a lame excuse for impulsively publishing new policy before taking the time to realize the implications. 
I’m saying all this with a bit of buyers remorse because my next five sailings I’ll pay the Star Class premium.  Benefits diluted if I get 5 $13 cocktails anytime during the day...plus sneak a few off my wife’s card. 

If getting a handful of drinks has caused you to second guess your SC bookings it seems a balcony or JS cabin with the DX purchased would be one heck of a lot cheaper way to go.  Star Class is so much more than the DX, at least IMO.

DX included with Star Class is great but it's not the reason to step up to SC.  I'm not sure it's even in the top 3 or 4 reasons to book SC.

10 minutes ago, twangster said:

DX included with Star Class is great but it's not the reason to step up to SC.  I'm not sure it's even in the top 3 or 4 reasons to book SC

Have never experienced Star Class. Purchasable items which are included in Star Class were the motivation for me at the time of booking. I’m pleased to hear that there are other reasons yet to be known. Live blogs being one of them....potentially. 

43 minutes ago, em.down.the.rabbit.hole said:

Do you guys in the US not have an equivalent to Trading Standards?  If they publish something, they have to honour it (mistake or not), otherwise it's false advertising...

False advertising yes, have to honour it no! 

Uk Consumer laws are 

Legally if an item is marked at wrong price until such time as goods have been paid for and are in the hands of purchaser any agreement to sell can be cancelled. 

Its like the Scottish Bank note not being classed as legal tender in England even though it has Sterling on it. 

Scottish money is NOT legal tender in England just as English money is NOT legal tender in Scotland!

Legal Tender is WHATEVER the seller decides he wants for an item. If a shopkeeper decides he wants 50 goldfish for 1Lb of steak then thats what you have to pay because thats the tender he wants, just as shops dont have to sell items mark wrongly, they can just remove from shelf however most will honour it.

6 hours ago, AlmondFarmer said:

Likely something was in a draft mode with a scheduled publish date/time that it automatically would get published. But the date was obviously set wrong (or not set at all so it took the date/time that the person initially created the draft)

2 hours ago, em.down.the.rabbit.hole said:

Do you guys in the US not have an equivalent to Trading Standards?  If they publish something, they have to honour it (mistake or not), otherwise it's false advertising...

It's a free loyalty program with terms and conditions including that it's subject to change at any time.

It changed and now it changed back.  

I suppose someone could try taking it before a judge, here, or in the UK.  Good luck!  ? 

10 minutes ago, twangster said:

It's a free loyalty program with terms and conditions including that it's subject to change at any time.

it changed and now it changed back.  

i suppose someone could try taking it before a judge, here, or in the UK.  Good luck!  ? 

I’m sorry you lost your paragraphs. I know you were excited. I hope you can move on without too much sorrow. ❤️

Royal had to let people go because of the pandemic.  I don't know how deeply they cut the IT or web teams but you have to know they are not 100%.  

Someone made a mistake.  We all make mistakes.  No one died.  Cruising during and in the wake of a pandemic will mean changes.  CAS has to change.  We'll know soon enough.

No big deal.